• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Calling all Gurus, I'm in desperate help here, please come in and help regarding GPU issues.

Associate
This thread has been a great read. Such a peculiar problem sounded really hard to figure out.

I'm so glad you finished your build. I was thinking your lldad would want you to solve the problem not skip past it. You have done everything possible so I'm sure he would be proud.

Loved reading this.

Last edited:
Soldato
Great news Tony, I've been following this thread and pleased you finally resolved your issue.

It makes a nice change to see a thread like this with people helping someone out with a problem in this otherwise poisonous sub-forum.

Soldato
Great news Tony, I've been following this thread and pleased you finally resolved your issue.

It makes a nice change to see a thread like this with people helping someone out with a problem in this otherwise poisonous sub-forum.

+1, and great news Tony - now you can finally enjoy your rig.

Mark

Soldato
OP
thx guys. Absolutely loving it :) water temps stay around 31c during heavy gaming sessions and the hottest card temp I've seen was so far is 40c. That was running the Vardars on the rad at their lowest setting via the fan controller just as a test. Really really impressed as the cards are now at 1150 core.

Associate
After hours and hours troubleshooting I eventually gave up trying to figure out this exact same issue myself.. Followed by weeks of frustration I stumbled upon this thread and boy oh boy!
Beautiful how this all went and came to a conclusion/solution for you and now for myself aswell..

Had the same issues, removed the pump from my rig and boom~ solved!

I almost can imagine how you must have felt when you finally found the culprate.
Registered just now so I could let you know :)

Associate
Not the same pump aswell as a different monitor;
EKWB pump+res combo "EK-XRES 140 DDC 3.2 PWM Elite (incl. pump)" and the Asus MG279Q 1440p 144hz FreeSync monitor.

I gave up on trying to figure out what exactly is happening, as it goes far beyond my knowledge..
One thing for sure; This whole day has been absolutely perfect without any issues whatsoever from the moment I swapped out the pump/res for my friend's spare "140 Revo D5" unit, also from EK.

Filling out RMA info as we speak, hoping for the best~

Back
Top Bottom