Competitions

Soldato
I remember the last one skynet? , it was quite amusing how Ba was finding extra 12 core cpus down the back of his sofa and people firing up old laptops and phones lol

Soldato
I'm in! Not been involved in a competition for a long time, so am looking forward to this :)

Looking at the teams that have signed up to the competition, BOINCstats suggests we'll finish a very comfortable second behind SETI.Germany. If we can add a few users to the cause then first place is definitely doable.

Soldato
MPG has a 4 cpu amd 64 core set up still ? could ask him, colin is away at work when this takes place so he wont be joining as his wife turns his pc of.
voicon also has a lot of xeon cores IIRC as does BaBa but hes not around at the minute.

PDW

PDW

Associate
I'm getting limited to 14 per thread which would normally sound a lot but given they only last a few minutes it really isn't. They don't all validate immediately but not sure how much they back up though.

Think if you really want to bunker you would have to set up multiple VMs and run them in there. Even then using all the tricks you know you won't get that many so not really worth it.

Just hitting the ground running is probably the best plan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom