DC Vault

Soldato
OP
Soldato
Hey dont knock the idea of them hanging out the window, north facing and a chilly wind and i get 10oC lower temps then if it was inside the room even more in winter :)

wow it looks good http://www.thermaltake.com/content.aspx?id=6256

Way back in the seti classic dark ages Shady had a whole house full of barebones rigs and one window was pretty much replaced with a wall of 120mm case fans. You could hear the howling right down the street :)

Associate
Agree, it does look good, might be a bit pricey though :eek:
I see OcUK have removed the other Thermaltake case they had from the site.

I'm also surprised OcUK are taking so long to add their own Window Wedge (©PDW 2015) AIO cooler to their product list :D

OcUK dont do any termaltake anymore, guess they had a problem somewere, o well

Associate
Hanluc how much memory are you running? I managed blk to 105 and been stable. When you said you were tempted to get another one did you mean dual cpu board? I wonder how much the 22 core will be??

MGP

MGP

Soldato
It's now 380W from the wall with everything on Asteroids (you watching MGP :p), still pleased with that, it has pretty much the same processing power of all my other rigs combined (3 x 3770K & 2700K).

pfft, that's barely worth opening one eye .....

Soldato
OP
Hanluc how much memory are you running? I managed blk to 105 and been stable. When you said you were tempted to get another one did you mean dual cpu board? I wonder how much the 22 core will be??

I've 64 gigs, 4 x 16gb. When I tried it at 104 the web browser and other programs were really slow to load, typical of a too higher bclk. Have you changed any voltages to get 105? I've not touched mine apart from changing the CPU load power thing from Normal to high, and yes another board :) 22 cores would be nice but crazy money, there have been, and still are some oem 18 cores on a well now auction site, tempting but they are around £1400 each, might just stick to the Extra Spicy ones :)

pfft, that's barely worth opening one eye .....
I can't see what you've got running as your machines are hidden, but i guess it's a mobile phone or something judging by your recent production :p anyway, keep it up and I'll be with you in approx 12 days ;)

Associate
I didn't change any voltages, but noticed when I drag windows around doing the desktop it's kinda jerky, I put the down to the gfx cards folding. Maybe I need to look at that again, I'll do some testing.i just changed to the latest bios for the nvme function but couldn't get my nvme Samsung to boot. Tbh I never look at any sites while it's running as I use another pc for that. Yeah I looked at 18 cores but just too much money. I have seen more 14cores but cant figure out why they are so cheap under £400, I paid a good bit more than that but was tempted to stick one in my x99 sabertooth board.

Associate
Soldato
OP
Hey PDW, I noticed you are having a dabble on GIMPs :)

I get my trial factoring assignments from http://www.gpu72.com then enter the results into the GIMPs site as normal. They have much larger exponents to factor, either Lucas-Lehmer or Double check, the default ones at the GIMPs site are small and complete too quickly, unless you change the end exponent yourself, which is a lot of faffing about.

290/290x rock on that BTW and you can crank the clocks up really high.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Hey PDW, I noticed you are having a dabble on GIMPs :)

I get my trial factoring assignments from http://www.gpu72.com then enter the results into the GIMPs site as normal. They have much larger exponents to factor, either Lucas-Lehmer or Double check, the default ones at the GIMPs site are small and complete too quickly, unless you change the end exponent yourself, which is a lot of faffing about.

290/290x rock on that BTW and you can crank the clocks up really high.
Just thought I'd see what's what !

Thanks, I'll have a look at gpu77 when the current lot have been done.

For fun, and to see what it was like for folks in olden days, I ran the first assignment on the 8600 GTS before swapping over to the 750Ti. It took about 13 hours to get 4 points :eek::eek::eek::eek:

The 750Ti is a lot faster and even though it is doing the sieving on the gpu running DPAD at the same time slows it down by around about a third. It only takes about 50% power and runs cool in its favour. Not sure how much of a problem being a 1.0 slot is for it :confused:

Despite all these problems I stormed past dekez to take 5th yesterday and should make 4th after tonight's upload :D

Will unleash the 290Xs when they have finished Moo :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just thought I'd see what's what !

Thanks, I'll have a look at gpu77 when the current lot have been done.

For fun, and to see what it was like for folks in olden days, I ran the first assignment on the 8600 GTS before swapping over to the 750Ti. It took about 13 hours to get 4 points :eek::eek::eek::eek:

The 750Ti is a lot faster and even though it is doing the sieving on the gpu running DPAD at the same time slows it down by around about a third. It only takes about 50% power and runs cool in its favour. Not sure how much of a problem being a 1.0 slot is for it :confused:

Despite all these problems I stormed past dekez to take 5th yesterday and should make 4th after tonight's upload :D

Will unleash the 290Xs when they have finished Moo :)

I'm surprised running DPAD effects production, the newest clients are supposed to use very little CPU resource. Talking of cards from the olden days Nvidia 5 series cards are excellent on GIMPs, they out produce many of the newer series.

Performance chart: http://www.mersenne.ca/mfaktc.php
The GTX 750 Ti is rated at just 137 Ghz days there, my 570s can do over 400, and my 290s overclocked @1125 (non x) do 735 Ghz days.

Remember you need a different client for AMD, mfakto.

Last edited:

PDW

PDW

Associate
I'm surprised running DPAD effects production, the newest clients are supposed to use very little CPU resource. Talking of cards from the olden days Nvidia 5 series cards are excellent on GIMPs, they out produce many of the newer series.

Performance chart: http://www.mersenne.ca/mfaktc.php
The GTX 750 Ti is rated at just 137 Ghz days there, my 570s can do over 400, and my 290s overclocked @1125 (non x) do 735 Ghz days.

Remember you need a different client for AMD, mfakto.
I ran without for a while and immediately after starting DPAD it dropped and stayed there.

Yes, saw that list but that has the 750Ti clocked at 1,020, mine is at 1,306 :D

It's just ticking over, slowly closing on the static teams above and slowing overtakes down slightly :)

PDW

PDW

Associate
Yes, I noticed we had moved up to 9th and it was reflected correctly in both Free-DC and the Vault thanks.

Onwards and upwards to 8th.

Soldato
OP
DPAD & Sztaki have been removed, Leiden classic is up for discussion for removal.
Universe & distributed data mining are likely to be added, and denis is under consideration, I'll report on it's performance in the DCV forums after the challenge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom