*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
Genuinely, I had a nightmare lastnight about getting the final strike quest to getting my first exotic sword, I'm 33 years old FFS :D

Anywhoo, two nice guys from LFG, first run through and no drama. I'm now the proud owner of Bolt-caster. The R2 projectile ranged, tracking attack is amazing.

I'm sat at 305 light now, feeling content but missing; touch of malice, black spindle and a good roll for an auto fire Raid scout. Need to add I've only focused on one alt this time around (Titan). Cant be bothered doing three alts now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sweet, finally got rank 3 on the gunsmith, which can only mean one thing. I now own an Ace Of Spades. Oh yeah. Thing has Firefly, just like Fatebringer. Thing has Maverick which is a perk that minimises the time spent reloading... just like Fatebringer. It's a handcannon, just like Fatebringer. It does kinetic damage, unlike Fatebringer.

Basically, what I'm saying is it's not Fatebringer, but I really wish it was. I miss that gun.

Soldato
So ive hit 238 light, my strongest primary weapon is a handgun at 238 damage but...i just dont like it :/ Id ideally like a pulse rifle but i never seem to get them to drop just scout rifles which are good but not so great when surrounded.

Is it worth doing Iron Banner to hopefully get some decent weapon drops?

My gunsmith is level 0 (The one were you test weapons) i didnt see much perks from doing it and his weapons seem to suck?

Soldato
The IB pulse rifle looks pretty good for pvp....depends if you fancy getting to rank 5.

I've not played much IB yet....are any weapons dropping? I did 6-7 games and didn't see a single IB drop.

Decided I'm only going to play one character in TTK...considered deleting the others but can't bring myself to wipe my original warlock main. Sticking with the titan, good all rounder now, although I still hate the melee.

Last edited:
Soldato
So ive hit 238 light, my strongest primary weapon is a handgun at 238 damage but...i just dont like it :/ Id ideally like a pulse rifle but i never seem to get them to drop just scout rifles which are good but not so great when surrounded.

My gunsmith is level 0 (The one were you test weapons) i didnt see much perks from doing it and his weapons seem to suck?

At 238 light your experience in Iron Banner would best be described as "infuriating". As level matters you will be doing significantly less damage to anyone who is 300+ (vs someone in the 280-300 range).

Iron Banner is bad enough as it is without giving yourself an additional handicap.

I would suggest grinding some Vanguard strikes (either the level 20 or 36 ones as the rewards are geared to your light level not the strike level) and getting your light level up first before attempting IB.

EDIT: Actually as a reward for finishing the story you should have the option of a 200 Apple of Discord. You could always infuse other weapons into it to get the attack higher.

Associate

To be honest your light will be a major hindrance in Iron Banner most people in there will be 290+ so you will be doing a lot less damage and taking a lot more so it might be a very frustrating experience.

I think your best bet is to continue to just keep going through the quests which often start to give you purple weapons which you can then infuse with higher blues if you get one you like. Once you start to run out of quests I would suggest running the 36 level strikes as these are a good source of engrams.

Also make sure you equip all your highest gear when decrypting engrams as the light level they decrypt to is based off your current light level.

I would also start doing the gunsmith as it doesnt take too long and each character gets a specific class gun at rank 2 and at rank 3 which all seem pretty useful to me.

EDIT - too slow (see above!)

Soldato

Which weapons from the gunsmith suck? The ones you test aren't that great but good enough for the task you need to complete. Once the gunsmith is ranked up though you can order legendary guns. All the guns I have ordered dropped at 280 though I don't know if your level or light level effects what they drop at. Also depending on your level you get a number of choice of perks to pick from when picking up your order.

Your other choices for weapons is work through the quests as they drop as rewards, play the strike playlists, buy them with legendary marks or join a faction and complete bounties to level up your faction and vanguard/crucible reps as guns can drop in their packages for leveling up.

The IB pulse rifle looks pretty good for pvp....depends if you fancy getting to rank 5.

I've not played much IB yet....are any weapons dropping? I did 6-7 games and didn't see a single IB drop.

Decided I'm only going to play one character in TTK...considered deleting the others but can't bring myself to wipe my original warlock main. Sticking with the titan, good all rounder now, although I still hate the melee.

I think most people are in the same position simply due to the amount there is to do it TTK. I have almost finished off all the quests on my Warlock and have bought armour for my Titan and Hunter alts so they are 290+ but have done virtually no missions or quests on either. I think for me I will blast my alts through the story missions just so I can raid with them and do the sword quests as I would like a sword of each burn.

Soldato
They've done away with the triple grind on weeklies/nightfalls/dailies so apart from raids (and the swords) there's very little reason to run multiple chars now...especially as I can usually only raid once a week. It's quite liberating actually :)

King's Fall has reminded me that raiding is the best part of Destiny...really hope they can keep the quality up with future DLC.

It's been a month since TTK. Very happy with it, I feel like I can play what I want to play rather than going through a weekly routine. Would be nice if they added matchmaking to some older stuff like skolas as I wouldn't mind running that without the level gimp.

Associate

Consensus seems to be that the drop rates are really low. Pretty (standard) troll from Bungie, "oh guys, play the new Iron Banner, the primary source of gear will be from drops" .... People hitting rank 5 with less than 5 drops...

I was going to grind to 5, and grab the pulse rifle. But with the above + Red Death / Hawksaw, I might not bother now.

Why the one character Mid? May as well keep the others, even if its only to get them to 295 and get drops for your main?

Soldato
Just don't really feel the need to play more than one character....my hunter is 300 and my warlock could be the same with a few marks and infusion.

Only reason to run more than one now is for multiple raiding....but I'm happy with my once a week and just doing other random stuff on my main.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Dear lord that Warlock lightning thing does my head in during PvP. I activated my bladedancer super and died after 2 hits on him and he still had quite a bit of health left. It lasts ages and kills people so quickly.

Trying to do the sword reforged at the moment and I'm generally tearing my hair out.

Back
Top Bottom