Pirelli Angel ST or GT?

Man of Honour
£250?! Paid £180 for the pair off Oponeo

Didn't realise they could be picked up that cheap I'd just got some quick quotes from some local garages, looks like a set in my size from there is only £170 so probably £200 once I factor in fitting.

That's not quite so bad!

Caporegime
best tyres ive ever used so far,good wet weather grip and really good in the dry,good enough to scrape the footpeg easily

best of all though is that they last forever compared to other tyres,nice to get your moneys worth out of a set

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Check TyreLeader as well, could be even cheaper for your size :)

AVOID, took me 40 days to get a refund. I had to get ECC involved... :rolleyes:

Edit

A lot of people use Oponeo from here, including me. No problems, quick and cheap. I rather pay 5 quid more or pick a different tyre than shop from Tyreleader...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ah, that sucks :(. Only had one pair from them as Oponeo always seem to be a bit cheaper. I never had to deal with returns or their customer service fortunately.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I guess it was kind of my fault, I ordered a set of tyres for my dad's car from there once too. I had issues with them previously, but I totally forgot about it. I checked the ticket when I had another issues with tyres for my bike, so I've blacklisted that site on my firewall. No more :p

Oponeo will get my money from now on, the tyres came in less than 48 hours after making the order. That's quick! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Tyreleader were fine for me, but again, didn't have to deal with returns. I guess some companies aren't too good at returns. Reminds of the time OcUK put the phone down on my Dad because they sent him a motherboard with bent pins (8+ years ago now) :)

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I wouldn't try your luck, I'm not going to in the future. OcUK provide brilliant service and that's why they charge more than other retailers. But for me that's understandable, you can't have everything...

Soldato
OP
OcUK certainly didn't use to! But I will avoid TyreLeader if possible from now on, I haven't read much good about them anywhere! Doesn't help that the stuff comes from Europe (when dealing with returns), but then so does Oponeo stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I was never impressed with Road Pilots. I had 4s on my Hornet which let go a couple of times. Granted it was on a roundabout both times, but I have never had any other tyres let go on me like that.

Maybe it was just my Hornet, or a bad roundabout as I've heard a lot of good about the Road Pilots. I also liked the look of the Angels and loved my Supercorsas so wanted to stick with Pirelli as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Back when the PR3 was the leading tyre it was a little bit out there on it's own - now though the angel GT's have caught up with michelin and the PR4's - they're a little cheaper and better looking too.

Personal preference, but for me I've a liking towards Pirelli tyres - having ridden a 110bhp ducati on a damp and cold November day on rosso 2's and my cb400 on angel GT'sfor lots of miles in torrential rain and baking hot welsh tarmac I'm a big fan.

Associate
Not a massive fan of PR's either, they always felt 'on the edge' and twitchy when i used them.

so as usual i'll be running the winter on my conti sport attacks, atleast untill they're worn down, then im going to try the angel GT's.

Caporegime
I had some if those,they suffered badly from delamination,splits

When I took it for the mot the bloke said I've seen a few of these like that, could have been a bad batch though but you could see the splits in them

Apart from that the grip was decent in dry and wet

Soldato
OP
Yeh the old PR2s that were on my Hornet when I got it had spilts and cuts all over, not particularly good condition and they were only about a year old!

Not a massive fan of PR's either, they always felt 'on the edge' and twitchy when i used them.

so as usual i'll be running the winter on my conti sport attacks, atleast untill they're worn down, then im going to try the angel GT's.

You won't regret it. Loving mine so far. They're becoming nicely scrubbed in now and no issues at all. They look awesome and promote leaning, I already have no chicken strips on these :D

Associate
Hmm, I guess I'll have to consider grabbing some GTs for my MT09 :) Still running the stock Dunlop Sportmax lol, can't say I feel too confident cornering when it's wet!

Soldato
I've used GT's for the past 2 years, EPIC tyre and will not change. I've done track days, tours of europe, good weather, appalling weather and they've never let go once. Incredible tyre, not a rip off and they last for ages and I do mean ages. Basically I'd say almost the perfect all round tyre. I'm running them on a CBR600F4.

IMHO, I don't think there's a better wet tyre out there if riding in the wet is a concern!

Back
Top Bottom