*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
Thankfully the two randoms I joined up with were just as pedantic as I was, we did not use supers or grenades in the event we accidentally killed the boss first. I'd also strongly suggest you link with a group all wanting the same sword, otherwise your'e just making more work for yourself. We did it in one run, but I was anxious throughout at the prospect of cocking up.

fez

fez

Caporegime
The actual strike isn't that hard its just a long slog. The end section isn't too bad either apart from the prospect of cocking it all up after all that work.

Doing it with randoms is just an exercise in frustration. The last two I was paired with were fine but I carried them through most of the mission and was constantly res'ing them in the dark room. (I'm not exactly good or over levelled either). We came close in the end but suddenly there were no knights left and that was that.

I'll try and pair up with some guys off here or LFG.

Associate
So after my previously poor haul from the nightfall, I thought I'd have another stab at it after reading lots of posts on reddit about people getting 300+ ghosts/guns/armour.

There was no-one on from my friends list so thought I'd give it a bash solo on my hunter as it's not too hard really. Managed it without a problem and do you know what I got?

A bloody blue heavy weapon engram that decrypted into a 265 machine gun. Gah :mad:

Soldato
Don't know how he would have got into a strike solo if it wasn't a nightfall.....very strange just getting a blue though. You sure you hadn't run it already?

Associate
Yes it was the nightfall, no I hadn't done it before on that character, and it was definitely a blue engram as a reward

According to destinytracker you did the nightfall on your hunter 2 days ago so looks like you might have forgotten :)

Im sure you cannot just get a blue engram for completing the nightfall first time around.

Associate
Honestly don't remember running it. I know I'd done it on my Titan, and I did run it with a mate but could have sworn I'd done it on my Titan.

Haha, that would explain the blue then! I've played too much clearly, it's all blurring into one.

Man of Honour
Exotic Chest engram is good as it should allow me to infuse my non exotic chest pieces to 310. :D
Assuming you're lucky enough to get a 310 exotic that is.

If you're all close to 310 light I'd hold off decrypting any exotic engrams just yet. There are rumours that if you're over 310 light then the exotic could potentially decrypt at 320. I'm sure as we all do the HM raid we'll get gear to push us over 310.

Soldato

If you're all close to 310 light I'd hold off decrypting any exotic engrams just yet. There are rumours that if you're over 310 light then the exotic could potentially decrypt at 320. I'm sure as we all do the HM raid we'll get gear to push us over 310.

I seem to be lucky on Pigtails with the majority of engrams decoding to 310.

I will buy a few and store them for now. The rest will be spent on 3oC.

Soldato

I'm counting on this, not much but have 3 exotic engrams in my vault and will buy 25-30 more 3oC from Xur later so that should give me 2+ more exotics to decrypt. Also saved all my legendaries I picked up during the week in case they start giving 300+.

Hoping I can get some decent loot from the early parts of the hard mode raid as I generally only seem get shards until the later rounds :(

fez

fez

Caporegime
Anyone about next week for a normal mode raid. Haven't done much of the raid at all before but would love to give it a go. I'm 299 light so hopefully after a few sections of the raid I would be over 300.

Back
Top Bottom