Cooler Master NovaTouch TKL Topre UK Tour

Associate
OP
Hi all,

I regret to inform you all, that at the end of the month I will no longer be running this tour. Unfortunately I will be moving on from CM. Though I won't be far away ;)

Associate
Hi all,

I regret to inform you all, that at the end of the month I will no longer be running this tour. Unfortunately I will be moving on from CM. Though I won't be far away ;)
Best of luck in your new role role and thanks for putting this tour together!

Assuming the tour will continue and that this won't affect the remaining participants, I'd like to request please withdrawing myself from the list. I've got some work commitments over the next few weeks when Toby would likely be heading my way that will not allow me to give Toby the attention he deserves during my leg of the tour!

Thanks again for arranging this tour, Sircles. I've enjoyed reading all the different reviews and it's been a great way to get the community involved. :)

Associate
OP
Tour will continue, my new position/place of work will allow me to continue monitoring the tour.... There will be someone from CM running and taking care of this though.

Soldato
Are you really anticipating that the pending release of Battlefront will take so much time out of your life you can no longer get to work? :(

Good luck in whatever you've got planned and thanks for arranging the tour! :D

Permabanned
So this past week Toby has been well and truly abused by myself and my colleges here in my office. We all work 12 hr shifts and are pretty much tied to the keyboard the whole time, Toby came to us with high hopes of serving us with a totally new experience being that only one of us had used a mechanical keyboard previously.

I opened the box and was encouraged by the weight of Toby, He's a big boy!
Then the disappointment set in, The thickness of the keyboard means that it really needs a wrist rest and the fact he doesn't, counts as a score against him.

We noted over the nights that he was also quite noisy, the clack clack clack of typing drove one of my colleges insane! we then found the silencing 'o' rings and fitted them, sadly it didn't make that much of a difference, the noise seemed to come from the keys going up not them going down.

The other minor annoyance was the USB lead was the wrong way... I think most PCs are going to be on the right of the keyboard and the cable comes out to the left so that's a bit wrong...

The final thing i didn't realize i would miss was the number pad. I am primarily a typist and touch type so having the different sized keyboard it was a little strange and i found it hard to get used to but after a few nights it sank in and i got the hang of it.

But it's not all Doom and gloom...
I currently use a Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 and can say that Toby was much better for typing on as he had more of a positive key press. the build quality is REALLY good, it's solid, and a great design ergonomically.

So the final verdict?

It's a nice keyboard, Personally I would not spend this kinda money on one though.

Could the next person let me know their address?

Associate
OP
Glad to see this is continuing :)

If you don't hear from the next person, I can try and find their address for you!

as for new place of work, check my avatar.

Back
Top Bottom