***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Think it is the atty, it's now showing as 0.7 ohms. Am i right in thinking that the ohms could vary depending on the temperature>?

On a side note i have just been sponsored by a local ish vape company for my photography so i will be getting some new free kit to play with :)

Soldato
The temp will not change the coils res on a kanthal coil as its so small a change that mods cant measure it unlike NI200 or Titanium which will change as it heats.
If your using a kankger sub tank and its coil heads, then its either the coil head no screwed in tight enough, or a bad coil head, but it could by the tanks 510, check the threads are all clean in the atty and mod.

Man of Honour
Think it is the atty, it's now showing as 0.7 ohms. Am i right in thinking that the ohms could vary depending on the temperature>?

On a side note i have just been sponsored by a local ish vape company for my photography so i will be getting some new free kit to play with :)

Have you tried lifting the 510 pin in the mod with a small jewelers screwdriver? The pin on my Lemo2 protruded a little more than my subtank so I used to have to lift it when switching between the two

Soldato
So two tanks giving varying resistance measurements, sounds like a bad 510 in the mod itself then, is it spring loaded, if not try lifting it, if its sprung, then return it for another from the vendor.

Associate
Just got some more juice tonight.
Mrs Lords custard cream.
Cosmic fog milk and honey (again)
After filling the tank with the custard to try it out I noticed they gave me 18mg nic instead of 12 :(
Custard is quite strong....gonna have to give it a couple of days glad I picked up the milk and honey though as that's my current fave.

Soldato
Just got some more juice tonight.
Mrs Lords custard cream.
Cosmic fog milk and honey (again)
After filling the tank with the custard to try it out I noticed they gave me 18mg nic instead of 12 :(
Custard is quite strong....gonna have to give it a couple of days glad I picked up the milk and honey though as that's my current fave.

It may be worth checking to make sure you did in fact order 12mg, and if so fire them off an email saying they sent 18mg and its too strong.
They might send you out a 12mg bottle, as its their fault, if they do, mix them together and you will have 20ml of 15mg ;)

Associate
i can honestly say Lipo's suck and cant compete with 18650's and Triple will only add more battery life with the added convenience of being able to swap out for fresh cells and charge the old ones externally and faster than the built in Lipo's.
Lol you really hate Lipo's i get it.
My Lipo's will charge @ 16 amp externally , i won't bother as i have no problem charging mine as i vape.

Soldato
Thats fine if you have the right external charger and you get a DNA with a user removable Cell pack, not all do, such as the Efusion, its not so simple to get at and charge out of the mod, as for charge and vape... good luck, the DNA200 stops charging while you vape it.

Soldato
I don't know what safe practices you take with your lipo's but the recommended safe charge rate of a lipo is 1c 2 at the most. the largest I have seen in the readily available dna200 devices is 1300mah, a 1c charge rate on a 1300 is 1.3a, if you are indeed charging at 16a then have a steel box and a bag of sand ready for the fire. 2c is 2.6a, your 16a charge rate is in the area of 12c. very unsafe indeed.

Soldato
With the exception of the Vaporshark with its 2amp zip charge, the standard DNA200 charge board is 1amp... thats between all 3 cells, so each cell only gets around 330ma, hence why a 1300 mAh 3s takes 3+ hours...

Soldato
That's the thing, it isn't even that clean or straight foreword, in order to balance all the cells properly, a very important factor when charging lipos, most balancers will charge a cell, charge another cell, charge the last and discharge accordingly to bring them all in to line, it will do this all the way through the charge, that is why it take so long.

A lipo that has been abused with poor charging, misuse as in discharge while charging (probably why the dna200 doesn't allow it to function while in a charging state) will puff and become unstable. When charging a lipo is at it's most vulnerable. I personally think it is no good idea having these sitting in peoples pockets and maintain a 18650 vent is nothing compared to a lipo vent. People will be topping these up from half charges, to half charges and generally keeping poor care of the cells.

Soldato
Indeed, looked after a lipo should be safe, but there is no info supplied with either of my DNA200 lipo mods regarding battery safety or charging, which i think is a dangerous mistake from the mod makers, people think they can abuse them like an 18650 mod, but dont realise how much more explosive a lipo is compared to a venting 18650 :(

Associate
I don't know what safe practices you take with your lipo's but the recommended safe charge rate of a lipo is 1c 2 at the most. the largest I have seen in the readily available dna200 devices is 1300mah, a 1c charge rate on a 1300 is 1.3a, if you are indeed charging at 16a then have a steel box and a bag of sand ready for the fire. 2c is 2.6a, your 16a charge rate is in the area of 12c. very unsafe indeed.

2c for my Lipo is 4.5amp , not 1 of the of the shelf Lipo's that you have in Hcigar etc , i would not charge past 1c normally , charging time is not an issue for me.With a max discharge of 130 c(292amps) @ 11.1 v i really do not think that i am pushing my Lipo @ all.

Soldato
I was petrified of a vent when I used to charge my lipos, always had it in a bucket and with sand nearby as it is the only way to extinguish a lipo fire, they produce their own fuel (oxygen) so not even water can put them out :O

It isn't even that people will deliberately abuse them, with the mods taking so long to charge and lasting so little time it's the quick top up's before they leave or as they get in to make sure they don't run out. people need to be aware that a lipo must have a full charge cycle in order to balance and it is very important to balance, unbalanced cells are so very very dangerous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom