displayport wont work after powering monitor off

Soldato
Hi guys

I got my new benq gw2765ht late last week, everything is good except one thing.

If I turn off the monitor whilst windows is running, when I turn it back on it detects no signal, it seems the displayport goes to sleep.

If I connect to my pc via remote desktop the port then wakes up.

HDMI is fine, but I want to use displayport because on hdmi the image quality is lower when scaling and hdmi is giving me ghosting issues in 30fps games which displayport doesnt.

I been googling for hours to find a way to stop the displayport going to sleep with the monitor off or a fix for the problem but found nothing, there was a new bios issues by nividia to fix the issue which evga gave me, but the issue still persists.

Graphics card is evga 970 FTW acx 2.0 and I am running windows 7.

Associate
Hi, I saw you on hardforum.
You have the displayport firmware bug. this same bug existed on benq XL2420Z and XL2720Z. It was fixed (finally) in v4 firmware for XL2420Z and XL2720Z.

you will have to contact Benq to have your firmware upgraded. It will require you sending the panel in.

If you can convince Benq that you can do the firmware upgrade yourself and you have the hardware capable of it (PLEASE DONT MENTION Linux Ubuntu, that's 100% fully unsupported even if it works) they can send you the firmware directly, but you will have to convince them that you have an Mstar ISP flash device (the same device Benq uses in house to upgrade their own firmwares).

This is the one I have.
http://www.cart100.com/Product/5278188206/LCD_driver_development_tools___LCD_drive

it even works on the Asus VG248QE and many other monitors and some LCD TV's that use flash chips made by mstar (VG248QE has a winbond flash type but the chip is stil made by mstar).

Soldato
OP
Ok thanks, is a bit of a odd bug to get past quality control?

So I need to buy that device right and then tell benq I have a mstar isp flash device? Not keen on sending them the monitor as it may get damaged physically or they may send a different one back to me.

Associate
Yes, just contact benq support. You can also call them. just remember to make it clear to them that you'll upgrade the firmware yourself, because you own the Mstar ISP device, as they will insist at first that you send it in. However they do send out firmware to people who prove they know what they're doing (that's how the raw 800k V3-V5 firmwares got released in the first place). You may have to be transferred to level 2 support on phone, though.

Associate
Hi, we do also have a BIOS update for the card that can help with some of the recent DP issues. Just email [email protected] stating your P/N of the card and requesting the DP BIOS update. Not sure if it will help with that screen but worth a try I think

Are the bios compatible with linux and/or OSX? ie, could I upgrade them without windows? I've had a few DP issues with 2 EVGA cards and BenQ PT3201 screens

Soldato
OP
quick update here, I know the thread is old now but thought I would add piece of mind.

Same issue occurs with my new 1070 from palit, I think its more likely the monitor is to blame than 2 separate GPU's in addition windows has gone from 7 to 8.1, that also had no affect, and given this also occurs in the bios, I have to give BenQ a thumbs down for this one.

Guess someone in QC forgot to do a simple power cycle test when DP in use.

Back
Top Bottom