MOTOGP 2015

Soldato
Seems like a lot of people have forgotten just how many times Rossi has stepped over the line and been unpunished over the years. Yes he's been the best rider for the best part of 20 years, but he's ****ed a lot of people over in that time too, just ask stoner, biaggi, sete, etc

He's desperate to win this year, because he knows it might be his last chance, its clear to see from the way he's reacting.

To be honest after what Rossi said on Thursday he deserved to be held up and played with by Marc (it's not something Rossi has never done). Taking the guy out the way he did because he's racing hard with him isn't fair and deserves a much heavier punishment in my eyes. If it was anyone else at any other time of the year, you can guarantee the punishment would be much harsher.

Agreed 100%.

Associate
Utterly disgusting by Rossi, he should be disqualified and banned for Valencia. You simply cannot go around kicking other riders off cos you get wound up.
:mad::mad:

Associate
If nothing else it's give us on this forum something to talk about, this will fill our MotoGP post a lot of discussion now
You gotta love MotoGP by far the best Motorsport out there

Last edited:
Associate
That would have been good
The old Spanish are ganging would have been nice to have seen Iannone got involved with Marquez that would have been interesting

Associate
Utterly disgusting by Rossi, he should be disqualified and banned for Valencia. You simply cannot go around kicking other riders off cos you get wound up.
:mad::mad:

Capirossi Harada 98? blatant tbone and nothing was done. Race control have always preserved a damage limitation scenario, and thus it has proved this time as well. Can't condone Rossi's actions, pretty much unforgivable, but MM provoked the action. On the moto gp website, there was footage where MM was lifting early apparently and making unnecessary hard moves on Rossi. Make no mistake, MM was looking to play his part in deciding this championship and probably has done.

Rossi's comments in the presser def fired MM up, and to his detriment (Rossi's). There have been many incidents this year where MM has come very close to taking out other riders. I feel MM needs a good talking to about professionalism. He as well as Rossi have brought the sport into disrepute. Lorenzo does himself no favours either, with his post race antics.

If Rossi somehow manages to win this Championship, it will be the best scenario for me, not that will be ideal. Can't believe JL is going to appeal, especially after his pass under waved yellows!! A poor, controversial race from it's biggest stars. Kudos to Dani for his win. That lad can hold his head up high, lot of respect for that man.

Associate
Yeah agreed with what you say
I would like to see Dani win the title next year for the effort he puts in.
Marquez should not get off Scott free in all of this

Associate
Mike Webb:

“I'm not going to quote what the riders said in the healing but I can give you a general idea,” Webb began. “So from what we saw it would appear to be a deliberate move on Rossi's part to push Marquez off the track, or push him wide.

“We heard from both riders. Marquez told us that he was just riding his normal race and minding his own business, making passes on Valentino without contact. Which is true. And that he had no intention of disturbing Valentino.

“Valentino on the other side said it was clear to him that Marc was deliberately slowing down the pace and making it difficult for Valentino to race. That he deliberately ran wide in the turn in order to give himself an advantage in order to get away from Marquez.

“Finally, we actually believe there is fault on both sides. Despite what Marquez said we think he was deliberately trying to affect the pace of Valentino. However he didn't actually break any rules. Whatever we think about the spirit of the championship, according to the rule book he didn't make contact. His passes were clean. He rode within the rules.

“Valentino reacted to what he saw as provocation from Marquez and unfortunately his reaction was a manoeuvre that was against the rules. It's irresponsible riding causing a crash. We believe the contact was deliberate. He says he did not want Marquez to crash, but he did want to run him wide.”

And there you have it. Race control must have evidence enough to see that MM was riding to affect the pace of Rossi. I felt that it was also the case in PI. Bottom line though, is Rossi has to be quick enough to eliminate any impact from MM negatively. Valencia is going to be a very hard race for him now. Appeals won't have no effect on the outcome, that is for sure.

Last edited:
Associate
Race direction bottled it , no surprise there then. :rolleyes:

The only good thing is that yellow clown wont be celebrating anything. No respect at all for idotic stunts like that.

Rossi started it and it backfired on him , tough.

Associate
Race direction bottled it , no surprise there then. :rolleyes:

The only good thing is that yellow clown wont be celebrating anything. No respect at all for idotic stunts like that.

Rossi started it and it backfired on him , tough.

Many said the same about Senna and the prost Crash in Japan, and he admitted he did it on purpose....A clown he was not! Rossi has pretty much dragged the sport to where it is now, despite the efforts of JL, CS, etc to make it dull. Without Rossi, the sport would have died, a long time ago. There is a fundamental reason why every race is a home race for VR.

Associate
So race direction said marquez did nothing wrong and rossi ran him off the track on purpose and gets minimal punishment? Bottled!

Associate
In disrepute you mean :rolleyes:
Hardly, it's six of one, half a dozen of another.
No one knows if it was deliberate, you don't actually see the knee make contact with the bars.
So it's inconclusive whether he was trying to knock him off, might of been putting out his knee in a gesture to tell Marquez to back off.
That Marquez is a slimy little boy and it wouldn't surprise me if him and Lorenzo have their own little agenda to keep the title in Spain
As Lorenzo sure threw his toys out of the pram when the race control decision didn't go to plan.
My opinion is this was planned by the both of them to get Rossi rattled, so he would do something rash, which I must add he has history of.
I'm sure rossi's lawyers will be basing their appeal on that, as if they where in cahoots with each other, that could be considered cheating and bringing the sport into disrepute.
Rossi's comment in press conference where clearly true Marquez was slowing him down on purpose even Inanonne agreed with that and he was in the same battle.
So this clearly goes a lot deeper than what happened today.

Back
Top Bottom