MOTOGP 2015

Associate
Hardly, it's six of one, half a dozen of another.
No one knows if it was deliberate, you don't actually see the knee make contact with the bars.
So it's inconclusive whether he was trying to knock him off, might of been putting out his knee in a gesture to tell Marquez to back off.
That Marquez is a slimy little boy and it wouldn't surprise me if him and Lorenzo have their own little agenda to keep the title in Spain
As Lorenzo sure threw his toys out of the pram when the race control decision didn't go to plan.
My opinion is this was planned by the both of them to get Rossi rattled, so he would do something rash, which I must add he has history of.
I'm sure rossi's lawyers will be basing their appeal on that, as if they where in cahoots with each other, that could be considered cheating and bringing the sport into disrepute.
Rossi's comment in press conference where clearly true Marquez was slowing him down on purpose even Inanonne agreed with that and he was in the same battle.
So this clearly goes a lot deeper than what happened today.

So you know Marc well enough to call him slimy?

Also inanonne is one of Rossi's mates, he'll always side with Rossi. Hell he's Italian he's not got much choice

I saw Marc almost crash twice trying to keep up with Rossi, I don't think he had the pace at that part of the race to be much faster and was trying not to let Rossi get ahead and gap him. Much like Rossi states he does when Marc passes him, break his rhythm to slow him down. That doesn't mean he was helping Lorenzo on purpose.

I don't see anything wrong with what Marc has done here, all his passes were hard but fair. Rossi can just see the championship slipping away and is losing his cool, and becoming desperate and paranoid.

I've enjoyed watching Rossi win over all these years, I started watching then he won the 125's, and have always wanted him to win. But this year I hope Lorenzo wins.

Last edited:
Associate
Couldn't be happier to see Rossi punished. He's done it so many times and gotten away with it. Surprised you girls aren't blaming Marquez (wasn't ocuk full of Rossi lovers).

Associate
Rossi and Pistorius must use the same PR firm. "Foot slipped off the pedal, total accident". "Didn't mean to shoot her, I thought she was an intruder"

Last edited:
Soldato
This looks like a slightly different angle on the one I have seen. Does MM move in on Rossi? who instigates the first contact here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2DiV26-jqs

This looks more like how Rossi has commented, the fact the Marquez turned into the leg of Rossi, The reaction from Rossi isn't good, but seemed to me as an uncontrollable reaction to being "stabbed in the leg", as it were...

The title could well be handed over to Lorenzo because of this... but Rossi handles pressure well, so who knows...

If even Rossi doesn't win the title, he won't cry about it!... He'll come back bigger and stronger next year, just like he usually does.

Soldato
I feel the penalty is totally unnecessary and nothing should have been done. Man up and race your bike. So someone lent on you...oh no. Lean back on them then. Historically the attitude has been not to penalize like in F1 and just let it play out on the track. It is a dangerous sport yes, but Rossia only did a little bit more than a block pass. He deliberately ran him out wide. So what? This happens every race. More aggressive this time yes, but Marquez totally deserved it for what he's done to Rossi's championship hopes.

Anyone who is saying he kicked him off needs to open their eyes. There is not one conclusive video sequence showing that. Not one. The foot is seen to come off the pegs yes, but it's inconclusive as to whether the leg struck out to kick. More likely that it came off as a result of the contact with his handle bar. Even if he did kick out I'd still argue it was in defense and preservation than to kick someone totally off their bike. That's very hard to do and unrealistic to expect it to work for anyone let alone Rossi.

Lorenzo I used to respect, but he's just a little moaning *%(^& like Stoner was. Marquez didn't need to be a *!$& either, as it was not his battle. He blew his title hopes when he crashed out several times earlier in the season. So why is he allowed to decide the championship? The fans are angered and rightly so. Marquez is staggeringly talented and quick but just did not need to get involved with all this. It's clear to see his unsportsmanlike behaviour on track. This staggeringly does not break any rules, yet what is does break is even more saddening...the hearts of the race fans and the true sport it is... well done Marquez for ruining the 2015 title race.

Soldato
From that view it actually looks like Marquez went into Rossi. If this is the case then Rossi has been hard done by

Caporegime
From that view it actually looks like Marquez went into Rossi. If this is the case then Rossi has been hard done by

Yeah from what I can see it looks like a reaction to being driven into, rather than a deliberate action to push him off.

Shame that it's likely to define the championship. Rossi needs a talking to, but not (potentially) having a title taken from him.

Soldato
outlawracing09@calcrutchlow , please ask all other riders on the grid at #Valencia to make space for #rossi at the start so it gives him a fighting chance , it's a big ask
t4l_nico_chelijr10Hi Carl, we are a group of your italians fans, we want to kindly ask you if at Valencia you can destroy Lorenzo. We,re counting on it, thanks #STENDIJORGE #ANDIAMOCARL #46 @calcrutchlow

<-- absolutely hate what Rossi fans are asking on the other GP riders' twitter.

Associate
The issue isn't that rossi kicked out. It's that he deliberately stood marc up mid corner, pushed him wide and toward the edge of the track and was basically giving him nowhere to go. Marc leant into Rossi when he was about to go off the track. Probably expecting Rossi to also lean over and back onto the racing line at the point before they both had no more track.

If you watch the race building up to this and ignore the rubbish Rossi stated in the press conference on Thursday, you'd all be saying it was good, hard, close but fair racing up to that point. Both riders were on the limit, Rossi lost the front end at least once, Marc lost the back end at one point and the front at another.

Then Rossi took the inside of the corner slowed down and blocked Marc, looking over his shoulder (2-3 times) and basically just pinned him into the side of the track.

The only person that's ruined the championship is Rossi, he's devalued it for Lorenzo should he win in Valencia.

Associate
The issue isn't that rossi kicked out. It's that he deliberately stood marc up mid corner, pushed him wide and toward the edge of the track and was basically giving him nowhere to go. Marc leant into Rossi when he was about to go off the track. Probably expecting Rossi to also lean over and back onto the racing line at the point before they both had no more track.

If you watch the race building up to this and ignore the rubbish Rossi stated in the press conference on Thursday, you'd all be saying it was good, hard, close but fair racing up to that point. Both riders were on the limit, Rossi lost the front end at least once, Marc lost the back end at one point and the front at another.

Then Rossi took the inside of the corner slowed down and blocked Marc, looking over his shoulder (2-3 times) and basically just pinned him into the side of the track.

The only person that's ruined the championship is Rossi, he's devalued it for Lorenzo should he win in Valencia.

Yeah that's called racing mate. As he had the right of way, Rossi had the right to squeeze Marc as much as he did. MM had the opportunity to roll off the throttle and drop behind, he didn't.

The point of controversy comes at the moment of contact, which was initialised from MM first. The overhead heli cam captures it more clearer, and at the very most is a racing incident. FIM bowed to popular opinion, and felt the need to act on what most people felt happened, and not actually what did happen.

Back
Top Bottom