OCUK's new website

Associate
I've got to be really honest here and say that bad design of sites like this make me feel like it's a complete chore to browse for my purchases and end up making me go other places that have user friendly websites.

Soldato
Tried hard to find something I like about the new site but really can't!

The site is messy, far to many colours and options.. really does look like something from 10 years ago..

Would have been much better to have a more minimal front page with a much more obvious user journey.. at the moment you really do have to search the page to find where to buy product as its so busy..

Soldato
****ing hell, looking for prices for my upcoming upgrade and dam what has happened.

Way too much going on here, the old old site from the 90's looked better than this.

Websites need real design and thought, uniformity and consistency.

Not 15 different colours, 10 different button styles, 9 or 10 different navigation bars.

I sincerely hope this is just the first iteration of an agile project and not a big bang job.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't like it. Genuinely one of the main reasons I buy from OcUK was the simplicity of navigating the site and finding components I want. Now sadly you're just like the rest of your major competitors. Yeas sure it looks bolder and newer but certainly no way near as user friendly.

Massive backward step, awful design.

Associate
Bigger image in spoiler.
RmMs0Jk.jpg

Did a bit more messing in PS to show what I think would improve the new design - bit of an old/new hybrid.

I personally do not like the top drop down bar for finding products, seems to take a lot longer than using the left side menu on the older site. The new site has loads of social guff. When I come to OcUK it isn't to follow the social things normally but is to look at components, so seems a better use to have a component menu in the place of the social stuff and move that down the page somewhat.

Also I perfered having the shopping cart visible on the top right, without having to drop it down on the new one. Have to scroll to the top on the older version to see it all, however I still seemed to perfer this method so have put it back where it was and created a left hand menu column. But could also have it in the top bar too, so both options.

The recently viewed is a nice feature on the new site. However, seems a waste at the bottom of the home page, so moved it below the cart on the left hand menu in a more prominent point.

Other than that, moved some things about, reduced some of the gradient usage and reduced colour usage for bars and menu headers etc a tad, going with more blue over a red/blue mix.

Whilst more busy than the older site still, I think is less ott than the current.

ERfTUlI.jpg

Full size image in spoiler.
iOsUTzp.jpg

Associate
^ Good improvement. I would get rid of the black bar at the top and make it a solid light grey. You're missing a way to navigate the banner carousel though.

Ah yes, would need perhaps a hover over pop up button graphic now. I thought about the solid light grey too and might improve it further yeah.

Associate
Did a bit more messing in PS to show what I think would improve the new design - bit of an old/new hybrid.

I personally do not like the top drop down bar for finding products, seems to take a lot longer than using the left side menu on the older site. The new site has loads of social guff. When I come to OcUK it isn't to follow the social things normally but is to look at components, so seems a better use to have a component menu in the place of the social stuff and move that down the page somewhat.

Also I perfered having the shopping cart visible on the top right, without having to drop it down on the new one. Have to scroll to the top on the older version to see it all, however I still seemed to perfer this method so have put it back where it was and created a left hand menu column. But could also have it in the top bar too, so both options.

The recently viewed is a nice feature on the new site. However, seems a waste at the bottom of the home page, so moved it below the cart on the left hand menu in a more prominent point.

Other than that, moved some things about, reduced some of the gradient usage and reduced colour usage for bars and menu headers etc a tad, going with more blue over a red/blue mix.

Whilst more busy than the older site still, I think is less ott than the current.

ERfTUlI.jpg

Full size image in spoiler.
iOsUTzp.jpg

That looks a lot better, and the side bar with the component menus is there which makes the site so easy to navigate! Also totally agree regarding the shopping cart.

OcUK Staff
losing the ads down the sides and making them white would make everything feel much better

The old site had ads down the sides, this will never change as it generally £100,000's in profits for OcUK as manufacturer pay for such space and the product on them always get a vast uplift in sales. :)

Associate
Prefer the old site but I don't see it changing. May as well get used to it.

Seems like this was a forced change due to the similarities with the caseking website.

Back
Top Bottom