DENIS

Associate
The only thing I can think of to try, being as it allows the official app, is to rename the optimised one to exactly the same name as the official one, you will need to change the name to match in the app_info as well.

Doesn't work unfortunately. My guess is it's looking at the file itself and what it does rather than the filename.

Associate
Now I'm getting a little confused with all the new optimizations/apps. I'm currently using sesefs latest app but crunch3r has some new ones out:

oHRUgDo.jpg

Which one are you using PDW ? Do you know which is best ? I can't seem to find any more information anywhere. :confused:

PDW

PDW

Associate
OP
I'm using Sesef's app but have scaled back for the moment.

I have tried Crunch3r's app on linux and it's obviously much faster than the stock code but is slower than running Sesef's on Windows. I did read a thread on the Denis site about a comparison and IIRC Sesef's is the one to use for Windows.

Will need to get all my boxes changed over to Windows in time for the challenge :D

Associate
I did read a thread on the Denis site about a comparison and IIRC Sesef's is the one to use for Windows.

I saw that one i think, then a little later on, crunch3r's new revised app appeared with sse4.1 and that's what confused me but from what you're saying I'll stick with sesef's then :)

Just wanted to make sure I get the max possible for the challenge and soooo close to 100k rac :)

Soldato
I saw that one i think, then a little later on, crunch3r's new revised app appeared with sse4.1 and that's what confused me but from what you're saying I'll stick with sesef's then :)

Just wanted to make sure I get the max possible for the challenge and soooo close to 100k rac :)

On the short tasks, I found the sse4.1 to be slightly quicker than the lastest sesef's one, about 6-7 seconds, I was doing 3m 15s on crunch3rs and 3m 22s on the other. Not tried it on the longer ones. This was on a 2700K @4.7ghz

Associate
That's good to know then, if the difference is so little then I'll definitely leave my apps well alone, finally have 4 machines running the sesef's apps with none of my previous issues. Keeping around 4 to 6hrs of tasks and communicating with the servers every 2 hours (ish).

Soldato
That's good to know then, if the difference is so little then I'll definitely leave my apps well alone, finally have 4 machines running the sesef's apps with none of my previous issues. Keeping around 4 to 6hrs of tasks and communicating with the servers every 2 hours (ish).

New sesef AVX2 version released, just about to try it out now.

EDIT: AVX2 version gives me immediate computation errors (3770K)

DOH! Ivybridge doesn't support AVX2 :o I'll try it on Haswell.

Last edited:
Associate
Last edited:
Associate
I've switched my CPU across from F@H to DENIS. Got it set up and running with the SESEF optimised app running (I think). It's generating 4 tasks and each is taking about 2 hours to complete. Does this seem right? The CPU is i5 4690k at stock. I have set one core in F@H to fold for the GPU reporting there.

The two files are in correct directory (Programdata\BOINC\projects\denis....\

Thanks for any advice.

Back
Top Bottom