New Site Feedback

Soldato
Whoever developed the site needs firing, Had to order parts elsewhere as i simply cannot sit and wait for the page to load and the system now won't let me login to purchase it. Sorry to say but im disappointed and had to spend 400 elsewhere.

Associate
There should have been a UAT or preprod version before switching your new site in to production

That way you could have done all testing and even had a community thread helping on bug fixes etc. But it seems straight to prod

cp1zt.jpg

Associate
So I want to order something add it to my basket no problem, Login, again no bother, go to the checkout page, yep no problem there either, BUT when I want to go to the Proceed To Payment Page it just reloads the same page, even tried clicking the T&C popup box and scrolling to the bottom, but that doesn't work either. GRRRRRR

Associate
What software is it using?

Is it on a CMS or is it bespoke?

I'm currently building a complete ecommerce site from scratch (http://snowboard-addiction.frontierwebdesign.co.uk/ - nowhere near complete) as part of a uni assignment, so I have a genuine interest.

@amigafan2003 - Will be Shopware, same as caseking.

As I said earlier in the other thread - No arguments about the system, OCUK obviously know the backend improvements much better than any of us could. From a theme perspective though, some simple tweaks will fix the 'garishness' people have complained about, but the lack of a responsive design to allow for touch/large resolution would be worth some time invested. Currently doesn't work too well on mobile/tablet and scaling for large resolutions is poor.

Re bugs:

The amazon log-in page was showing auf Deutsch last night, not sure if that was in the fix run today.

Also left one regarding Sorting by price and will post others as I find.

Associate
Ordered the 850 EVO on offer today, had the payment method issue but then re-ordered and everything worked fine (inc. free shipping).

Suggest optimizing the JS & CSS assets into single compressed files to cut down on the server requests and page load times.

Associate
So I want to order something add it to my basket no problem, Login, again no bother, go to the checkout page, yep no problem there either, BUT when I want to go to the Proceed To Payment Page it just reloads the same page, even tried clicking the T&C popup box and scrolling to the bottom, but that doesn't work either. GRRRRRR

Ok so finally managed to get to the payment screen, but now my free shipping isn't there, it's charging me £10.50 for Delivery. Anyone know how you can get the site to display the free shipping you normally get?

Soldato
Wouldn't it be better if OcUK could put the old site back until the new one works properly?

Surely they have the old site as a backup? Then, fire the people who developed and launched the new site and get a professional team in to re do it!

Soldato
I'm not even that bothered about it not working well. One thing I will say though is I thought my head would explode because of how awful it looked.

Having too many different colours, and having background images all lead to bad design in my view.
On the homepage alone, I can count 6-7 different colours and combinations, many of which clash with others. White on Black, Black on White, Black on Grey, White on Red, Red on Black, White on Blue, Black on Blue :confused:

Websites should be as simple as possible, both to understand and to navigate. Having two different horizontal menus next to each other is bad, and do not have the same links duplicated on different parts of the page (Deals of the Week for example).

Please go back to the old site. :p

Caporegime
Haven't found any bugs yet.

But only because I can't look at the page for more than 10 seconds before losing track of what I want to try and find. Did you pay someone for this design?

Man of Honour
Reminds me of the sort of site someone would knock up for their IT coursework or something just an assault of different colours and stuff splashed all over the place, a little whitespace goes a long way in giving a nice to browse clean look.

Soldato
Now I know you cannot please everybody but I think a good idea would have been to make a few mock designs / samples of what the home page could look like and do a poll on the forum and see what the majority of users think and go with the most voted.

The new website is too busy for my liking and even harder to navigate.

Associate
The proof will be in the tasting of the pudding! to coin a phrase. That is if the sales take a marked downturn, I'm sure the old site will make a sudden re-appearance. :)

Back
Top Bottom