MOTOGP 2015

Associate
MM is a slime ball, he should have been banned for life.for.some his antics in moto 2.

And he was punished accordingly everytime he made a mistake.

I think Marc as cleaned his riding up quite a bit since his first year in MotoGP, he was a little dangerous at some points. He rides hard to win, much like Rossi used to, though Rossi had it much easier I think as competition wasn't as high when he was winning the majority of his motogp titles.

If you class Marc as a slime ball, what do you class Rossi has? or any other sports person you've never meet in person.

Soldato
Something I put together.

The more I see footage of the "accident" the more I'm sure that Rossi only intended to push Marquez away and not down, it's clear that Marquez leans on Rossi, almost as if he loses the front of the Honda a little.

It's almost as though Marquez dives - deliberately throwing the bike down, rather than saving it. If he sat up he probably could have saved it.

Associate
The more I see footage of the "accident" the more I'm sure that Rossi only intended to push Marquez away and not down, it's clear that Marquez leans on Rossi, almost as if he loses the front of the Honda a little.

It's almost as though Marquez dives - deliberately throwing the bike down, rather than saving it. If he sat up he probably could have saved it.

100% he didn't intend to knock him off, Rossi could have done that elsewhere and made it look like an accident. He was trying to make a point to everyone that he felt Marc was holding him up, trouble is his lap times were no faster when he was riding on his own.

It laughable that people are suggesting Marc fell off on purpose though, why would he risk breaking a collarbone or something? I think they were just riding so slowly at the point of contact that he didn't have the momentum to help stay upright, and any contact no matter how small was likely going to end with him on the floor.

First few seconds on that YT clip, the overhead at normal speed shows Rossi had no intention of turning around the corner, once he knew he had him pinned to the outside of the track, once contact was made he leaned right over and rode off on a much tighter line with ease.

If Marc hadn't have gone down, then a penalty probably wouldn't have been required, just a telling off and a warning to Rossi. But in the end his actions ended another riders race, it was a malicious move and not a misjudgement. And therefore the penalty is justified.

I reckon if this had happened in a moto3 race the rider would have gotten a much harsher penalty though. So in that respect Rossi should be greatful he still has a championship lead to take to Valencia.

Soldato
100% he didn't intend to knock him off, Rossi could have done that elsewhere and made it look like an accident. He was trying to make a point to everyone that he felt Marc was holding him up, trouble is his lap times were no faster when he was riding on his own.

It laughable that people are suggesting Marc fell off on purpose though, why would he risk breaking a collarbone or something? I think they were just riding so slowly at the point of contact that he didn't have the momentum to help stay upright, and any contact no matter how small was likely going to end with him on the floor.

First few seconds on that YT clip, the overhead at normal speed shows Rossi had no intention of turning around the corner, once he knew he had him pinned to the outside of the track, once contact was made he leaned right over and rode off on a much tighter line with ease.

If Marc hadn't have gone down, then a penalty probably wouldn't have been required, just a telling off and a warning to Rossi. But in the end his actions ended another riders race, it was a malicious move and not a misjudgement. And therefore the penalty is justified.

I reckon if this had happened in a moto3 race the rider would have gotten a much harsher penalty though. So in that respect Rossi should be greatful he still has a championship lead to take to Valencia.

Malicious? dubious... it certainly wasn't a clean move, but not malicious. I see it more as a knee-jerk reaction to having the handlebars of another bike stabbed into the leg.

If you watch the lapps leading up to this, then you would also see that Rossi was hit more than once by Marquez, so I can uderstand if he just want to teach him a lesson - however Rossi has never been like that in the past...

There's also a moment when Rossi even waves at Marquez as though to sa "go away and stop bugging me" only less polite :D.

I wouldn't be surprised if Marquez was trying to help Lorenzo by trying to finish ahead of Rossi.

Associate
Malicious? dubious... it certainly wasn't a clean move, but not malicious. I see it more as a knee-jerk reaction to having the handlebars of another bike stabbed into the leg. Yes it was malicious race direction said so and so did VR no matter what you imagined you saw through yellow tinted glasses
If you watch the lapps leading up to this, then you would also see that Rossi was hit more than once by Marquez, Wrong, Marquez never touched him , again race direction said so, all his passes were clean so I can uderstand if he just want to teach him a lesson - however Rossi has never been like that in the past... Oh please , seriously ? Ask Pedrosa, Stoner, Biaggi or Gibernau :rolleyes:

There's also a moment when Rossi even waves at Marquez as though to sa "go away and stop bugging me" only less polite :D.

I wouldn't be surprised if Marquez was trying to help Lorenzo by trying to finish ahead of Rossi. By overtaking Lorenzo with two corners to go at Philip Island ??

Been reading fan boy drivel like this all day, VR screwed up and forced another rider off the track on purpose. Its not the first time either.

Your yellow tin foil hat is in the post :rolleyes:

Soldato
Jarvis said it the way it is. We should focus on how situation got to where its at, with Marquez playing dirty. Rossi has been around the circuit long enough to spot a ******, when he see's one. He called MM93 out. MM being a little ***** that he is, instead of backing off after being caught red handed, decided to continue his little antics, and the worst part is he wins at his little game.

I hope VR gets to take a championship away from him next yr, when he's sliding all over the place on his new michelins.

Soldato
Why hasn't WhoreGay been given a penalty for the overtake on a yellow flag?

Loved it when the Irish reporter called him out after he was being so slimy on the post race press conference. All he could say, was why does it matter to you ? Why? cos you're sitting there demanding a black flag for Rossi, and you should at the very least been given a ride thru yourself. Yes it was a sad weekend for MotoGP... Two of its very best riders have been shown for what they really are.. A dirty jealous *beep* and well we always knew WhoreGay was a whiny little fag. But to throw your teammate under the bus like that, you could see Jarvis was not happy.. I hope he see's that his bike has a mechanical failure over at Valencia.. That would make things right !

Soldato
Been reading fan boy drivel like this all day, VR screwed up and forced another rider off the track on purpose. Its not the first time either.

Leave the dogs at the door please....

Not once did I say that Rossi wasn't at fault! They are both at fault, did Rossi deserve "a" Penalty? without a doubt. the penalty that he was awarded? not so sure...

This is absolutely nothing to do with fanboyism.
I don't remember Rossi deliberately ending another riders race before, yes he has had clashes with pretty much everyone else in the blue riband class over the last 10-15 years, just like Foggy, Chili, Slight... etc in WSBK, that what happens when you are so good for so long...

I saw a video on facebook from MotoGP.com that clearly shows two incidences of Marquez touching Rossi 2-4 laps before the "incident", it was all build to Marquez going down, build that he provoked.

Rossi should've seen it coming and shouldn't have acted as he did, however it's a reaction that happens all over the place in sport, Beckham lashing out and hacking a player down after a dubious foul, Schumacher running into Hill or Villeneuve in F1...

If someone hits you what are you likely going to do? flinch and hit back.

Red mist moment, like so many others...

Associate
Why hasn't WhoreGay been given a penalty for the overtake on a yellow flag?

Loved it when the Irish reporter called him out after he was being so slimy on the post race press conference. All he could say, was why does it matter to you ? Why? cos you're sitting there demanding a black flag for Rossi, and you should at the very least been given a ride thru yourself. Yes it was a sad weekend for MotoGP... Two of its very best riders have been shown for what they really are.. A dirty jealous *beep* and well we always knew WhoreGay was a whiny little fag. But to throw your teammate under the bus like that, you could see Jarvis was not happy.. I hope he see's that his bike has a mechanical failure over at Valencia.. That would make things right !

Wow

Soldato
whoregay.jpg

Soldato

It's legal for a rider to force another rider wide. MM was not off track when he went down.

They was both at fault so in my opinion no one should have a penalty.

Associate
It's legal for a rider to force another rider wide. MM was not off track when he went down.

Not for a rider to force someone wide and cause a crash which VR did. It was VR who admitted he did it on purpose although not to cause a crash.

VR was at fault and him only. Penalty was justified.

Associate
So it's in the spirit of the sport for another rider to knowingly scupper someone's else's championship
I think not and it's clear for everyone to see what went on.
Rossi's penalty is so wrong and it's spoiled the championship
The pics above are so right and apt

Associate

How exactly was it Marc fault Rossi pushed him wide, and near enough off the track.

The speed and line that Rossi rode was not normal, not even close. If he'd missed his breaking point and they came together in an accidental manner, then yes maybe, we don't want to stop riders from trying to make passes. For example Cal and Dovi had a accident later in the race were Cal knocked Dovi off, no penalty was given here i believe.

It'll be interesting to see how the other riders react to Rossi in the race at Valencia.

I do agree that Lorenzo should have just sat back and left things to sort themselves out though. But we don't know what happened behind closed doors, or what other politics were involved in the decision.

Associate
So it's in the spirit of the sport for another rider to knowingly scupper someone's else's championship
I think not and it's clear for everyone to see what went on.
Rossi's penalty is so wrong and it's spoiled the championship
The pics above are so right and apt

Just because Rossi said this is the case it doesn't mean it's true.

Remember Marc won the race in Australia, he could have stayed in second and gifted Lorenzo another 5 points. Surely if his intention was to help Lorenzo he would have done that.

After what Rossi said on Thursday, I wouldn't be surprised if Marc was intentionally slowing Rossi down a little in this race (Rossi would have done the same if someone had said similar to him too). But you can't prove that, and from what i've seen Rossi's lap times were no faster once Marc was out of the race. If rossi was able to go so much faster then he would have put in some fast lap times immediately after the accident to prove his point, even if he knew he couldn't catch the riders in front.

Soldato
It's about £90 for the season on MotoGP.com, that's what I do. No off season price though.

How I see it: Marquez was being a dick, Rossi strung him out in the corner, got nudged by Marquez and then kicked out. I don't think he wanted him to crash, but he shouldn't have reacted the way he did.

Back
Top Bottom