Gran Turismo "Sport"

Soldato
Unveiled here is the first release of the Gran Turismo franchise on PS4.

This is NOT GT7 or a Prologue, but a standalone game aimed at eSports and competitive racing at all levels, with the major point being their collaboration with the FIA leading to:
Two FIA online championships will be featured in Gran Turismo SPORT.
What makes these new series special is that the gamer has the option of either playing or simply spectating to take in the motorsports experience as a fan. In the Nations Cup series, players can either drive for their home country or stay on the sidelines and root their countrymen on, while the Manufacturers Cup allows them to drive or support their favorite car maker. In both cases, the gamer is provided with the complete motorsports experience.

And best of all, the winner of each championship will be coroneted in the same way as a real-life race winner, at a prize-giving ceremony held by the FIA. This will mark a historic moment in video gaming as Gran Turismo will officially be recognized as a motorsport.

The game is set to have an overhauled physics engine, with 'much improved' graphics and sounds.

-

If they don't sound like hoovers and can make the course maker even better, think a bundle will have to be bought upon release.. although my G27 won't work thanks to money reasons at Logitech. :rolleyes:

I also remember the tyre squealing at every corner in GT6. :shudder:

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll update here with the details as soon as I'm home..

Is this a new series altogether, or a renaming of GT7? But there will be a pair of online race series, where the overall best driver receives their award as champion direct from the FIA, like a real driver would. :cool:

If they don't sound like hoovers and can make the course maker even better, think a bundle will have to be bought upon release.. although my G27 won't work thanks to money reasons at Logitech. :rolleyes:

how sober were you when you typed this up? :eek:

Soldato
Please, please, please have decent engine sounds and not fill it full of old car models just so they can say it has a million cars....

They've lost the plot in recent games (or at least not progressed at all) so they have a lot to do beat the likes of Project Cars etc.

Soldato
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's president and CEO Jim Ryan provided some clarity in the wake of Sony's conference at Paris Games Week.

"We're not announcing Gran Turismo 7 at this stage," he told Eurogamer.

"Fair to say [series director Kazunori Yamauchi] has been making these games for some considerable time now. I think it's reasonable to assume that something else might come down the road. Is it a Prologue? No, I think it'll be more than that.

"The old days, when the games were offline, the experience was defined by what's on the disc. You had a distinction between a Prologue and a full GT, it was very stark. When the game becomes more of an online connected experience, that distinction blurs. This will be much more than a Prologue type experience"

Last edited:
Soldato
Where are you reading this! You can't link something that looks suspiciously like a new GT game and just wander off!!!!!

Although it sounds like a Project Cars thing- release the game at some arbitrary time (I imagine that the developers are playing a really enthusiastic game of ping pong, the ball hits a big "RELEASE GAME" button and they all say 'ah well it was kinda done, ish, mostly, soon' and just roll with it) and then add more content later on.

I think Jim is right to say the old model is not really working out for a game like GT and it is time for a change. it would be a good time for a completely new engine, sounds, AI and car models.

But will it be F2P, with a few base cars and tracks, with dozens of single cars and tracks to buy?
Will it be a subscription monthly charge for all content?
Will it be a traditional game that you buy once and then buy big packs of DLC?

Do the right thing Jim...

Soldato
Sounds should be better. They've employed a sound guy from Forza to do them.

I dont know what this game is though. Is it like a prologue or a side project or is it GT7 renamed?

Associate
Somebody at the event has been taking videos of the private part of the event despite it being under embargo still haha, link: https://twitter.com/dailycarblog

Stolen gifs from gaf (which were made from the above twitter I think)

EvergreenAridGuineapig.gif

DefensiveSkinnyInsect.gif

edit:
Also updates here for the conference: https://twitter.com/GTPlanetNews

Dirt tracks
Livery editor confirmed

edit2: 15th November release date apparently

Last edited:
Caporegime
I saw some of the really badly out of focus photos and the reactions to them and laughed. All I want to see is the UI/campaign (which I kinda have and its by the DC person) and how it sounds...

Theres other things I want but Ill allow them until the proper mainline GT releases

Under 3 hours to go - dont **** this up PD

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
Im excited I must admit, I really hope they go back to the GT4 days though with the used market and what not. Hoping for an epic campaign mode with loads of cars!

Soldato
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-19-gt-sport-preview

Got to agree - that doesn't really sound all that good if you ask me. Handling was noted to be very good, but everything else sounds as stale as it was when GT5 /GT6 was released. I got both those games, and I finally realised that GT6 had the sounds of a vacuum cleaner and the AI of zombies...

It all worked so wonderfully well back in the PS1 era and sorta continued with GT3 and GT4, but then the wheels fell off when Forza 3 came along IMO.

Project cars for all its faults does have the audio to backup those growling racers , and some fairly decent AI truth told comparable to GT6, and well Forza 6 which I'm playing right now is well easy to play, but difficult to master and sounds every bit as good as Project Cars.

Oh GT how you seem to be falling, and its a shame. Hopefully, we can hope that all the fears pretty much confirmed in one article alone are not true and GT re-claims its crown.

Back
Top Bottom