2016 Triumph Bonneville/Thruxton

Soldato
OP
Any £12k new car will be a basic bland shopping car, a brand new commuter bike can be had for £5k.

Old bikes are great but I'd always want something nice in the garage, it's boring just having an old, dirty bike.

Associate
They are gorgeous. What with the Domiracer, R9T and now these, we have a few choices! And yes I deliberately left Ducati out :p

Soldato
OP
The sport classic was a bit ahead of the trend - it didn't sell particularly well which means they're currently worth as much as they were brand new, even though the early ones are 10 years old.

The sport classic was the bike that got me into bikes, so I'll always have a soft spot for it and nice cafe racer style bikes.

I would have a Thruxton R over a sport classic though :D

Not sure the domiracer can be classed in the same band as this bike or the R Nine T though, I mean they're £26000 to buy! I'd take a Thruxton R and a Multistrada 1200S instead!

Associate
what version is this one ???

UStNo4sK.jpg

Soldato
OP
According to the video, that's a Thruxton R that was used in the Belstaff short film, ridden by david beckham (king of the hipsters).

But yeah, it's a thruxton R - gold forks, brembos, clip ons.

Soldato
looks great apart from that **** posing next to it,hes too stupid to ride a bike

You leave David alone - I think he is the nicest footballer in the world

He' his wife and kids always look smart - unlike most of the loud mouth ones.

Back on topic

Is that twin the same as old Triumph Twin - if so have they got vibration damping in engine. - I ruined my wrists and best watch riding my Tiger 110 in late 60's early70's :rolleyes:

Soldato
You leave David alone - I think he is the nicest footballer in the world

He' his wife and kids always look smart - unlike most of the loud mouth ones.

Back on topic

Is that twin the same as old Triumph Twin - if so have they got vibration damping in engine. - I ruined my wrists and best watch riding my Tiger 110 in late 60's early70's :rolleyes:

Yes, the twins are extremely smooth now.

Soldato
OP
MCN (and probably others) are doing tests of the Street twin (think it's the base model), some more details have come out:

£7300
54bhp
80lb/ft
198kg dry
75mpg
fuel gauge, gear indicator, heated grips ready

160 accessories, plus 3 "inspiration packs" including a scrambler one.

Out next month.

That sounds awesome :D

The standard pipes sound pretty good too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom