Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [30th October - 3rd November 2015]

Caporegime
Should be a nailed on 1-0, woeful by us, even more woeful from Gomis.

Gomis so much time and he decides to slow down and give our boys a chance to get back, incredibly lucky he was so bad there.

Soldato
a little bit lucky Lucas wasn't sent off for 2nd yellow (and of course Costa should have gone for his "typical" kick out with a straight red), but Liverpool fully deserved that , absolutely no fight in the Chelsea team currently - its not a question of IF Jose goes, its a matter of when (really hope Ancelotti doesn't go back, far too nice a manager for that job)

Without that massive deflection Coutinho's 2nd would probably have been saved, where as defelcttion for Benteke's goal didn't make any difference imo to it being scored (which is why I will always think the former is an own goal, even if it was always on target)

Caporegime
I wonder at what point boring football and playing worse than the sum our our parts will get LvG the sack.

Depends, if LVG is actually chosing Rooney himself then at some point not massively far off, if the board are forcing him to choose Rooney then never. They reason they have mostly been dire is they have Rooney in there ruining 95% of what he's involved in, playing every game essentially 10 vs 12 as a result.

I strongly suspect that LVG is, lets say strongly encouraged to play Rooney as opposed to wanting to play Rooney himself.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Its hard to tell with LvG because I get the impression he is stubborn as hell and if he has made Rooney captain he won't want to drop him for any reason. If he is being forced he can still take him off with 3 minutes to go but he never does.

Man of Honour
Philosophy.

Getting quite tired of it now, also how is 19 year old Martial our only dangerous attacker (and we only just managed to sign him).

You can clearly see there's ability in our team if you play a certain way, but it feels like we have the brakes on 90% of the time.

Also, Rooney.

fez

fez

Caporegime
We are, he drops players randomly who are playing well and it doesn't seem to be for injuries most of the time. I have said this before but part of the reason some teams make it look so easy is because the opposition are so restricted by the fear that they will be punished for going for goal themselves that they don't pose much of a threat.

We don't attack with pace or any sort of risk so when we lose the ball its because we have mucked about at the edge of the area for a few minutes and eventually put in a rubbish ball that gets easily defended by the 11 men the opposition have behind the ball. Either that or there are so few people committed that it just breaks down.

Rooney shouldn't be playing at the moment and Martial should be our focus up front. Herrera was a much more attacking player in the past and so was Mata but both of them have very little in front of them and end up stalling so that support can move its way up the pitch. Either that or they just pass backwards.

Its boring, ineffectual and encourages teams to sit back and counter or simply outplay us. Possession is 1/10 of the law if you have good players. To LvG its 9.5/10 and its crippling us.

We seem to play at Rooneys pace and thats not a good thing. His touch, pace, aggression and finishing has all gone to pot lately.

Back
Top Bottom