• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury Pro Fiji Owners Thread

Associate
Anyone using the Asus Strix version of these? Interested in your thoughts and especially if they are Xfired.

Been holding off buying a new GPU but I'm slowly caving into the idea of buying Xfire Fury's and I like the look of the Strix ones
I have a single Strix but i'd say go for the Sapphire because it's dual bios, quieter and cheaper unless you want the Asus card.

Soldato
I have a 290 Tri-X currently, and never had any issues with it, just fancied a change of vendor and the Asus one is supposedly a custom PC with a small OC out the box etc, figured it might be the better option.

Are there only 3 vendors of these? Sapphire, Asus and Powercolor?

Permabanned
I have a 290 Tri-X currently, and never had any issues with it, just fancied a change of vendor and the Asus one is supposedly a custom PC with a small OC out the box etc, figured it might be the better option.

If it ain't broke!

There's a Gigabyte due at some point as well and maybe others. From what I can work out the Sapphire model runs cooler due to the open air back where as the Asus and Gigabyte with there custom pcb's have a full length backplate blocking the airflow.

Plus when the Strix was first reviewed the reviewer said there is no overclock unless you use the software app that comes with it. Whether his was an early sent out model and consumer ones changed that I don't know maybe someone with one can tell you. But remember your only talking about 20 mhz.

Associate

Get the Sapphire :)

Soldato
Ladies choice tbh. I run a pair of X's at 4k and 3440x1440, if anything my framerate is too high at 1440uw (outside of my freesync range) but that's hardly a problem - crank up AA or simply let the FRTC cap it. I'd imagine 1 X would put you smack dab in the middle of the XR34's range with no AA, which sounds about perfect if you ask me. I don't think you'll go wrong either way though, the Fury isn't that much slower.

Soldato
Ladies choice tbh. I run a pair of X's at 4k and 3440x1440, if anything my framerate is too high at 1440uw (outside of my freesync range) but that's hardly a problem - crank up AA or simply let the FRTC cap it. I'd imagine 1 X would put you smack dab in the middle of the XR34's range with no AA, which sounds about perfect if you ask me. I don't think you'll go wrong either way though, the Fury isn't that much slower.

yep im thinking a fury will be ok, im sort of set on a sapphire fury tri x

Soldato
Hi all. Anyone here with an XFX or Powercolor R9 Fury (non X) that I could get their BIOS files from please?

I am having serious problems with the Sapphire BIOS not detecting 4K res (only sees 1440p max unless cold boot) and Freesync with my U32E850R. It also has very poor UEFI support and I have had enough of dealing with the very poor Sapphire Support, they are truly useless. I found their updated R9 Fury UEFI BIOS files on their forum and flashed with them and it still made no difference to the Freesync and max res issues. Now their support guys are refusing to help as my R9 Fury is using "unofficial BIOS". I saw no point keeping original broken BIOS files and told their support guys this but to them this equals "not our problem as it's not the original BIOS".

I have managed to get it working with the Asus BIOS but would like to try XFX or Powercolor.

Thanks

This is my monitor.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sams...g-widescreen-led-monitor-black-mo-217-sa.html

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Make Sapphire Tri-X, futang17, Link, Date 08/11/2015
Make Asus Strix, Rezident, Link, Date 25/10/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Ajaxx, Link, Date 16/10/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, IbaneZ, Link, Date 09/10/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, bake73, Link, Date 05/10/2015
Make Asus Strix, Sh4rkie, Link, Date 01/10/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, maonayze, Link, Date 23/09/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, r22snapper, Link, Date 10/09/2015
Make Asus Strix, BigDools, Link, Date 06/09/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Ajaxx, Link, Date 01/09/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, LoadsaMoney, Link, Date 14/08/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Radox-0, Link, Date 06/08/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, neil473, Link, Date 04/08/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, IainR, Link, Date 01/08/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Mr Evil, Link, Date 22/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Nutella33, Link, Date 21/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, sothur, Link, Date 17/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, Lokken86, Link, Date 17/07/2015
Make Sapphire Tri-X, djtoltec, Link, Date 17/07/2015

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Fury Pro.

Associate
Pro's are it'll give you visibility of resources / usage of your GPU / CPU / memory etc. It's whether or not any of that is of interest to you or whether you like to be blissfully unaware :)

Back
Top Bottom