*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Associate
I need one more person for a NM run on Thursday, somewhere between 7 and 8. I need to run a couple of mates through, one who has never done a raid before so should be a laugh.

So far Zoomee and Davie have kindly offered to help so just need another kind soul. Not bothered if you've done it before or not, just looking for a fun run and hopefully some half decent drops!

Can't type for toffee
Don
It's pretty straightforward...make sure you distract the boss away from the guy with the relic. Save your super to clear the minotaur/sniper mobs. Hit boss with sniper/heavy when it moves.

Knocked out my weekly heroics earlier.....god damn they need to rebalance the SABER strike with fallen at the start. It's fine with a good team but randoms....dropped in two guys quit. I get to warsat, two guys are making their way over. Go through a cycle of 6-7 people quitting and being replaced before being left on my own and giving up.

yeah we understood the mechanics behind it but Im on about 270 and hes at about 250 light, so were a tad under the suggested I think. that and no 3rd player made it a tad too much haha

Soldato
Well started the HM raid last night and after 3 hours we managed to the get to my usual nemesis Golgorath. After several wipes and getting to the taken round a couple of times we just had to take a break.

Although I managed to get some nice loot from the Warpriest (316 Sniper rifle) this got infused into my Eirene RR4 (higher impact now at 314) and the totems gave me 2 x KingsSlayer shell 305 & 314 (now have 4 of these ranging from 303 - 314 :D)

I am hoping when we continue on Thursday/ Friday I will get some lovely armour drops.

The additional mechanics are interesting and add an additional spice to the raid.

My best moment though so far was simply getting past the tomb ships first time. Although I suspect old piston room will be a whole other kettle of fish :D.

Also happy to join the raid on Sunday.

1) Wardyp
2) r0gue360
3) Phog
4) KWJay
5) Yimpy
6) Je11y Master

Soldato
You may be pleased to know the piston room is unchanged :)

Golgoroth isn't really any different from NM, you just have the explodey debuff which reduces your teams DPS a bit. Really once your light level is higher it's just the same as NM.

Man of Honour
Golgoroth isn't really any different from NM, you just have the explodey debuff which reduces your teams DPS a bit. Really once your light level is higher it's just the same as NM.

Yup, I think Golg is now the easiest boss to defeat. As long as you have a competent person to catch his gaze and give you a good countdown to get out, you should be absolutely fine.

Soldato
Golgoroth is easy in terms of DPS though due to the number of people in the pit it can go wrong very quickly. I think most people now attempting HM have high impact snipers and are at a suitable level so the 1 gaze method does seem to be the easiest and simplest method.

Using Red Death to shoot the orbs Golgoroth fires at you is a brilliant idea used by one of our Fireteam recently.

That is a good idea thought clip size would concern me. I usually use the raid sniper as 19 rounds a clip you can get through it without a reload which removes the risk of dying to the orbs. Or if I run out it is the last round so you can just run away until they explode.

They proc health regen I guess? Good tip....hate doing gaze on my squishy hunter....those things hurt if you get a rogue dancing orb

You don't even need to shoot them on a hunter, apparently you can shade step out of their way and they don't track you.

Soldato
I think the main problem was that we were all bar one guy all mid to low 300 and we were trying a couple of variations of single and triple bubble methods. I am thinking that I should probably look to get my black spindle up higher but my Eirene was doing around 120K damage per shot when using a weapons of light bubble and a tether.

Associate
The only benefit with Spindle over Eirene is not having to reload, but that's a big benefit. If you have perks to improve reload of snipers in general or Eirene in particular you can mitigate that benefit somewhat.

Soldato
Failed to organise HM here so did 2 runs with ransoms last night. I think we one or two shot most bosses, HM Oryx on second attempt, strat was to kill everything . Got all chars now sitting comfortably 311/312 +

Back
Top Bottom