OCUK's new website

Caporegime
I haven't bothered looking at the site since the change. I just don't want to. Another kick in the teeth for my enthusiasm for performance computing... The last website I enjoyed browsing has been ruined...

Soldato
Anyone know how to view the "This week only deals" like before where you had a long list to look down rather than having to go into these sections to see what is what? That is time consuming and annoying. I would love the long list back again for impulse buying.

Soldato
Sure it has already been mentioned, but as soon as you open This Week only, click All Products in the top left, you can then sort by price.

Be nice if sort by price was the default (or saved as an account preference or cookie), same with defaulting to all products.

I can't find an ALL PRODUCTS bit, where is it squire? Screen shot if you get a min would be immense...

Associate
On the 'this week only deals' section can you not add the dates of the current offer week like it used to have because on a wednesday it's hard to tell if it's the new week or not

Permabanned
Really have tried, but it's horrible. Honestly don't think I'll order from here again. Old site was a joy to use, a bit outdated in appearance but extremely functional.

Associate
Anyone know how to view the "This week only deals" like before where you had a long list to look down rather than having to go into these sections to see what is what? That is time consuming and annoying. I would love the long list back again for impulse buying.

This annoyed me too, however it is possible, just not as straightforward as before.

Click on this week only, then click "finder" on the left, change view to list and use sort menu to your liking (I use low - high) and change items per page to max (384)

I am not a fan of the new site at all. I used to recommend OCUK due to how easy the site was to navigate and use (although there is always room for improvement), unfortunately I think the new layout is too similar to others sites, as well as a bit confusing and messy to recommend to newbies (I will need to guide them further, which is a pita)

Last edited:
Associate
I used to browse the old site all the time, daily in fact, just to see what's on, new products & prices, browsing for stuff I can't afford (yet) or can afford but really shouldn't buy...

Now since the site has changed I just cba to browse it anymore. Now everybody knows Overlockers have always been a little pricey, but for the customer service and website friendliness and with so many products in stock and a clear to see basket... it's just always been my (any many others) go-to place for anything computer hardware.

Now sad to say you've pretty much lost me, you might still have the best variety of stuff in stock but most of it can be found elsewhere for a better price and most other websites are more polished.

Forums are still great, don't mess them up eh.

Associate
I ran a £multi-mil ecommerce store for 5 years and over 50% of our traffic was tablet/mobile so responsive/mobile friendliness was crucial. Granted OcUK visitors are likely more desktop than tablet/mobile but that's still a big chunk of lost conversions (revenue).

Associate
I've tried to navigate the site with my phone but it doesn't prove easy.

Much easier on a proper computer.

I like the site but it is busy with colour.

I'm sure it'll be tweaked along the way.

Associate
I cant help but think its now as bad as some of the big competitors sites. The beauty of the old site was that although it looked a little dated it was a joy to navigate and it was simply easier to find products than it was on the scanning or buyer websites. Now it feels just as awkward to navigate as the others which I think is a real shame :(

I suppose it does look more modern, and were it a more generic "world" website catering to normal PC users I could understand the changes. But given that your main target market is presumably still "overclockers" and enthusiasts I think the majority of people navigating your site probably preferred the slightly more dated look that gave the better functionality.

Back
Top Bottom