* The Metal Thread *

Soldato
Hmmm, not bad !
this is more my style, than the others on this page

how do pronounce their name?

You didn't hear one of the most influential metal bands of the 00's before? :D

I feel old. Here have some moar.

As far as the track goes... I'm not sure if I was hoping they'd put out more of the same (which this is) or would have tinkered with the formula and come up with something that'd have a million other bands copying them all over again.

Soldato
8 string guitars just sound too low to me. It's impossible to get a nice, non-farty sound from them heavily distorted. And I say that as a diehard 7 string user, which I find is already stretching the limits with standard tuning.

They play 6 strings (Dan = PRS, Pin = Blackmachine), 99% of their songs are either tuned flat with the lowest string sometimes in Db for the one-finger power chord effect , or an octave lower than the 5th string (Ab) for the heavy drone sound.

Underboss
Thanks for those SiKth links

just listened to quite a lot of those, and I must say I'm not too keen on the early stuff, SikTh - Philistine Philosophies is a good song, so I'll keep an ears open for there new albums

Last edited:
Soldato
I know a lot of people who like them, one being my brother, I've never heard of any of their songs until just now, that song is brilliant!, instantly hooked!

indecently, my brother has liked them for quite a number of years now
I like some of five finger deathpunch songs but some of their newer stuff seems to have terrible lyrics & flow :(

example (wrong side of heaven):
Arms wide open, I stand alone.
I'm no hero, and I'm not made of stone.
you're not made of stone?! :confused: :rolleyes:
I'm getting closer every day, to the end.
To the end, the end, the end,
I'm getting closer every day!
Repetition :(

Also some terrible songs - eg: "Burn MF" "Dot Your Eyes" "Mama Said Knock You Out"

I've not listened to "Got Your Six" album yet
Being honest even some of their earlier albums only had a few ok songs :(

Associate
Yea, they're now a radio band well, have been for a long time, just like the new Parkway Drive album, ive listened to 5 songs, I don't think any of them have gone above 120bpm. Its boring, really boring :(

Im just glad youtube exists so I didn't waste my money.

Luckily some bands are still making heavy music.....

Snip

Aversions Crown are my new favs.

Weird alien overlord snip

Really into Make Them Suffer now; thanks for posting!

Soldato
Actually while we're at it, the C, D, F and G albums weren't bad either (I know everyone loves Altars of Madness and Blessed Are The Sick, but I'm not old enough to get really nostalgic over the late 80's/early 90's death metal production - Fisher over Barnes type of thing if you know what I mean...).

Back
Top Bottom