**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Associate
i can't even choose a res it just wants to use window and if i un tick that i can't pick no res ahhhhh

no 21:9 support only runs at 800x600 for me

Last edited:
Associate
Let us know what vpn you used, how long it took unlock and if there was any extra to download. Thanks.

Did try WorldVPN but had no success. FlyVPN worked fine for me in the end though their servers are going up and down.

To use FlyVPN just go on their website, download the client (roughly 2.6 Mb download) and then use one of the trial logins on the website. Once you're connected login to steam and it should come up with the option to download in your library. After that it was a fairly small download. Took me 10 minutes on the vpn to download the patch. :)

Soldato
It looks like the disc is mostly just a Steam Installer - first step in the install process is to activate the key on Steam, but after that it wouldn't even let me pre-install from the disc, just got a message saying it couldn't be installed as the game wasn't released yet, so I had to find it in my Steam library and pre-load.

i can't even choose a res it just wants to use window and if i un tick that i can't pick no res ahhhhh

Oh dear =/

Soldato
I'm in and playing,

enjoying it a lot so far, very atmospheric, not without issues straight from the start though, performance seems "decent" enough, don't think CF is working all that great though, can't pick a res higher than 1080 just tells me its out of range.

using a few terminals results in getting stuck too which doesn't help.

Soldato
It looks like the disc is mostly just a Steam Installer - first step in the install process is to activate the key on Steam, but after that it wouldn't even let me pre-install from the disc, just got a message saying it couldn't be installed as the game wasn't released yet, so I had to find it in my Steam library and pre-load.

That's not really surpsing though, unless they had included around 6 DVD's in the box.

Soldato
Nope, not yet. Out of stock. Hope they get some in today or else the preorder will have been pointless. I'll be lucky if my crappy connection can even download 20gb overnight!

Just got my key btw, for anyone else waiting on CJs Keys. Very quick all things considered, well happy with them!

Associate
What are your specs? That sounds like a bit of a weird problem, and if it was common I'm sure there would alredy be outrage lol.

dell 29"
970gtx

game will let me untick window mode and borderless but no res are there to select. and if you run with window mode at 1920x1080 it uses only half the screen.

Soldato
Tempted to use a VPN but seems a hassle, I can wait till midnight :) It looks.. alright. I have seen it with an ENB and SweetFX which is OK.

So people cannot set above 1080p? Am I stuffed for my native res then..?

Soldato

Got it running, **** no 21:9 support here either. Runs at 2560x1440 mode but is forced into a window also :(

Does not seem SLI is working either, but a Titan X is maxing everything at 2560x1440 and holding 60 fps fine.

Think I will wait until there is a patch or something for 3440x1440. Cant get immersed like this.

Graphics wise so far however, with everything maxed it all seems to look fine. Not great on Witcher 3 level, but nothing that would make me stop and pause or break immersion.

Back
Top Bottom