Annual Tax Summary 2014 - 2015

Soldato
no we're talking about your perceptions of what is available in your town which don't add up with what you perceive to be the situation of European migrants...

reality is they're able to find work and 80% of them are apparently working for more than minimum wage

I don't believe for a second 80% of them here are earning more than NMW. There just aren't the jobs available (unless skilled or qualified in working in nursing homes)

Permabanned
you're forgetting tax credits - are you talking about two parents and one kid or a single parent?

it is pointless anyway - fact is there are towns in this country with multiple generations who can't be bothered to work - there are also a whole bunch of people not from this country showing that there are jobs available...

some of them even claim tax credits over here for kids who live back at home - so they've actually been prepared to move away from their families for periods of time in order to earn money

we've got access to the entire EU job market yet a lot of our unemployed are not prepared to move for work

Unemployment Benefit accounts for about 1.3% of the Welfare Budget.

Soldato
[TW]Sponge;28809144 said:
Bottom line is, The Europeans who live here seem to be much better off than most. They must know something we don't.

Yeah, probably how to work long hours, not go out every Friday night, don't need massive flat screen TVs with Sky and the latest smart phone.

Any time I've sold things on facebook it is always a non-Brit that has come and picked it up.

People have this attitude of how they are entitled to the latest stuff, brand new furniture, etc. Crazy.

None of this is directly targeted at you btw Sponge, just general comments.

Caporegime
People from Europe are quite prepared to house share (which I know happens a lot in london with UK people but not so much up north)

I live in a rural area and one fo the biggest employers even has a recruitment office in Poland. They will come here and 5 share a house to keep the rent low and even with our higher living costs, still manage to send more money home each week than they used to earn at home.

Whereas the British worker in general wants enough money to have a house/flat to themselves so won;t take the job cause it doesn't pay enough.

Caporegime
If you can't understand how a bunch of Europeans are coping and you're struggling, have you considered asking them?

Caporegime
It's easy. There was a Polish guy at my last work, first to volenteer for all overtime. He was tea total as well.

Told me his shared house was £50 a week (I think the landlord was making a killing at that with 4 of them so £200 a week.) and he spent £50 a week on food, clothes, going out etc. That meant he could send £300 a week home to his his wife and kid.

He told me the place he used to work in Poland he got paid about £100 a week so he was much better off but he was missing his wife and daughter.

Caporegime
Unemployment Benefit accounts for about 1.3% of the Welfare Budget.

actually it is more than that - but so what? It isn't like JSA is the only benefit people will claim... do you think unemployed people might need to live somewhere... and perhaps might need help with council tax, free prescriptions etc.. etc..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom