Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
1.2L of raw power !! :D

To be fair it was bought for the wife, I only drive it on weekends, but it's suprisingly good fun. Very willing engine considering it's only a 1.2T, & you can throw it around a bit in the twisty stuff.

I'd still like a little plaything though, something old school like a Cosworth Scorpio estate.
I had a 2.5L diesel many years ago, & it was great to drive, & so comfortable with big leather armchairs for seats. Embarrassed a few other cars on the road when you put your foot down, for an old barge it was nippy :D

[URL=http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Robzere31/media/Scorpio-02.jpg.html]

Interior-01.jpg
[/URL]

Associate
I'd still like a little plaything though, something old school like a Cosworth Scorpio estate.
I had a 2.5L diesel many years ago, & it was great to drive, & so comfortable with big leather armchairs for seats. Embarrassed a few other cars on the road when you put your foot down, for an old barge it was nippy :D

I was never a lover of the Scorpio there a bit of an ugly duckling.

I had a Mk1 sierra estate 2.8 Ghia 4x4 about 15 years ago that the original owner was kind enough to spend a load of money on it with a Turbo Technics conversion.

I bought it from a car garage in Livingston with a smashed bell housing as the front prop shaft's uj had failed and it had come loose and hit the bell housing. Once I sourced a replacement gearbox and front prop shaft that thing was a beast on the road.. it didint give anything away that it had a TT conversion under the bonnet..

Soldato
Sierra estates were a decent car, a TT conversion was very popular back then. I had a RS turbo converstion back in the 90's producing 230bhp, great fun !

Also had a mondeo estate titanium for a company car about 8 years ago, that was a very nice drive & so many toys & gadgets to fiddle with.

My only problem with the scorpio cowsorth is it's an auto only option, nice enough, but I'd really want a manual box.
I know what you mean with the looks though, the saloon version was bloody hideous to look at.

Associate
My only problem with the scorpio cowsorth is it's an auto only option, nice enough, but I'd really want a manual box.
I know what you mean with the looks though, the saloon version was bloody hideous to look at.

yea the estate was the nicest out the 2. the saloon was horrid!!

Im the same as you. I couldn't live with an Auto it would need to be manual.
It would be interesting to know what would be required to convert one to manual. Ive converted a few cars to manual in the past and ended out being partly responsible for one Manual Mercedes 500sel which upset a few OEM nuts as they were never offered as a manual

( it upset them even more mind you when we fitted it with a 3.0 turbo diesel engine!! )

Soldato
haven't seen a converted scorpio cosworth, but I did get to drive a converted Vaxhaull Senator a while ago.
I had a 3L 24v auto at the time, & one of the guys in the owners club had converted his to a manual along with a 4L conversion. He'd done a great job, but he said it was very fiddly, & in hindsight I don't think we would do it again.

The Merc sounded fun! Some OEM guys are very protective of modding anything. I found that out with a few owners clubs I've been a member of over the years.

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Thanks, there was a lot of searching through 2 litre diesels...

It was an ex BMW UK car. Spec below:

BMW 435i Gran Coupe
‘64 plate – 1,036 miles
Sports Auto transmission
Sunroof
Professional Navigation
Heated Steering Wheel
TV Function
Harmon Kardon Speaker System
M Sport Plus Pack
Extended Storage
Adaptive LED Headlights with high beam assist
Heads Up Display
Folding Mirrors
Front Armrest

That's a rather good spec, impressed you found one like it second hand!

Soldato
[TW]Fox;28819312 said:
Wouldn't it have been easier to blank the entire plate rather than blank around the '65' :p
Actually the opposite : I cloned each letter/number out individually so it was quicker doing two less.
Thanks for the advice Photoshop guru :p

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Bought the best car for the cheapest money I've ever bought in all my fifty years. :cool:

2000 Mk4 Golf GT TDi showing 131k with 11 Mths MOT = £350 :p
Came with No Paperwork apart from a few MOT's.
Paintwork is rough, Lacquer peel on the bonnet & a fair few battle scars but it is a Solid motor with No rust.
Everything works locks/electrics/climatronic air con/leccy mirrors/windows even the courtesy lights on the ashtray & inner door panel work.

Work done in the last couple of weeks...
Cambelt Kit
Water Pump - The Metal one.
Oil & Filter change with Fully Synthetic PD Oil
Air/Fuel/Pollen Filters.
2 New Tyres on the front & the Best 2 to the rear.
New Wipers Front & Back.
New 2 Cup Holder cartridge that goes just above the stereo.
New Gear stick/Knob & Gaiter.
Full Clean of the Engine & Bay.

Pics.
Very flattering when wet pic

upload img
After work clean up

free upload pictures
How the Bay looks now

print screen

Had it a couple of weeks now & been down South on a run in it. No smoke on start up or when you boot it & it really does Pull well.
Starts instantly & runs a treat, Arm rest down, Air con set just right & the tunes/radio keeping me company I would/could drive it anywhere. Returning 50+ Mpg should mean more frequent trips to see my Grand kids which is what it's all about for me.
All in All I reckon the motor as it stands owes me around £800 but that's for a Properly sorted out GT TDi with 131k up it & 11 Mths MOT with All the Service items done & done properly, All I have to do now is enjoy it. :cool:

Associate
Oil & Filter change with Fully Synthetic PD Oil

:eek:
CHANGE YOUR OIL NOW!!!! this engine is not a PD engine it is the VE engine you will do damage running this on PD oil

give it an oil flush then change it to standard diesel oil with a new filter. who told you this engine is a PD?
this is the older ( more reliable ) VE engine with the mechanical pump
the PD has common rail and expensive electronic injectors!!

great cars though if serviced well and with the correct fluids will last for ever.
is it the AFN or the AHF engine? there more or less the same engines and are bullet proof.
get the EGR blanking plate fitted and if you get chance clean out the inlet manifold. youll gain better mpg and it will be more responsive.

EDIT: the correct oil for youre car is 5w-30 use a good quality oil in it and it will run for ever..

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I never understand why people want their number plates obscured when posting pictures on forums? It's not as if you drive around in public with them obscured?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
You 100% sure ? I've been misinformed if you are.
What codes & where are they & I'll pop out & have a look. Appreciate the info/help either way. :cool:
I don't mind changing the oil again so quick though if needed as it'll give it a good flush.

Associate
You 100% sure ? I've been misinformed if you are.
What codes & where are they & I'll pop out & have a look. Appreciate the info/help either way. :cool:
I don't mind changing the oil again so quick though if needed as it'll give it a good flush.

If you look in the spare wheel weel you will see a sticker. if you can take a picture ill give you the info from that.

and yes Im 110% positive Ive ran VW and Audi's for years and work on them regularly that is the VE engine..

Back
Top Bottom