• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury(X) Fiji Owners Thread

Caporegime
I have an AIR 540 and a Fury X, with a H105 I couldn't have the AIO at the top, but the rad is thicker than most AIO 38mm (if i remeber rightly). So it depends on which AIO you use I guess.

drXgjwk.jpg

Now I've gone with an EK 360 L2.0, and now I'll have to do some modding if I want to go crossfire... The air 540 isn't all that watercooling friendly, if I had to choose today I would get a different case.

Nice :cool:

Associate
Fury Xs are very temp sensitive

If you use VC watch the temps.

Kaap, it is yet to be proven if actual core temps are sensitive or VRM temps.
Since we know that air cooled furys top out at 75C and fury Xs never top above 55-60C even when clocking to stock voltage maximums, it is safe to say that core temps are not the issue here. But I do believe when we clock the core higher, VRM temps get affected, even though they are rated for 125C I think.

In your case when you moved to custom water, VRM got better cooling from waterblock. I believe you seen how bad stock water cooling system is for VRMs.

Man of Honour
OP
Kaap, it is yet to be proven if actual core temps are sensitive or VRM temps.
Since we know that air cooled furys top out at 75C and fury Xs never top above 55-60C even when clocking to stock voltage maximums, it is safe to say that core temps are not the issue here. But I do believe when we clock the core higher, VRM temps get affected, even though they are rated for 125C I think.

In your case when you moved to custom water, VRM got better cooling from waterblock. I believe you seen how bad stock water cooling system is for VRMs.

I got a 25mhz improvement in oc going to custom water and the cards run @35C flat out.

Associate
I got a 25mhz improvement in oc going to custom water and the cards run @35C flat out.

yes, but that 25Mhz was due to VRM being cooled much much better. As I said, stock AIO is goo enough to keep the cards under 60C even overclocked. And GPUs shouldn't freak out until they hit above 75C (which is max for fury pro).

Man of Honour
OP
yes, but that 25Mhz was due to VRM being cooled much much better. As I said, stock AIO is goo enough to keep the cards under 60C even overclocked. And GPUs shouldn't freak out until they hit above 75C (which is max for fury pro).

I think you will find they do.

GPUs from both brands perform better at lower temps when overclocked.

Fury Xs have HBM which I suspect is very sensitive to temps as it is right next to the GPU.

Even on my 980 Ti the Samsung memory is guaranteed to crash when pushed hard if the temps hit 53C.

Soldato
After some testing then No, the Trixx software does not do bugger all for me. Max core clock before any artifacting remains the same, could just be I've got 2 total dog**** cards or just the software is not there yet :)

Back
Top Bottom