ISIL, ISIS, Daesh discussion thread.

Associate
Is it the spoon that bend or simply know that it is yourself.

If a religion has no true correct definition because every religious leader has their own interpretation. Then each religion sect ends up being a political group that attempts to strive for dominance to be the true one voice by gaining power and dominion.

It is that organisational structure and where those leaders prefer war rather than work for the greater good which is the problem - regardless of the actual real world religion (it's common across lots of religions).

I understand what you are saying - this is not a physical war. The real war is the minds.

If you are concluding that it all results in an US vs THEM war till one side is extinct. Then there is no greater crime in humanity to help people see with their own eyes.

It is a battle of the minds and hearts!

I think this maybe relevant

Last edited:
Soldato
Apparently that female suicide bombers head flew off and shot out of the window according to French police reports. Its not surprising these idiots think being in IS is glamourous. :D

Caporegime
Apparently that female suicide bombers head flew off and shot out of the window according to French police reports. Its not surprising these idiots think being in IS is glamourous. :D

It's not unusual for such to happen. The belt causes the air within the lungs to be compressed which cause a huge build up of pressure. The head just kinda...pops off!
It's frequently noted at the sites of suicide bombings and is one of the ways they can determine if it was an explosive belt/vest or another kind of bomb.

Soldato

That typically happens with an explosive vest.

Think a champaign cork being fired from a shaken up bottle!

I wonder if they get a fleeting sense of flying??

Soldato
They are also having trouble working out which bits belong to who given the police grenades used. Feel sorry for who ever has to clean that mess up.

Caporegime
A good example being Black Hawk Down. That's the kind of messed up situation you could get in to, especially as the Isis leaders would be surrounded by supporters, unlike Bin Laden who was keeping a very low profile.

Western foreign policy is essentially damned if they do or damned if they don't. if they try to help, they get criticised, if they don't they get criticised.

Soldato
They are also having trouble working out which bits belong to who given the police grenades used. Feel sorry for who ever has to clean that mess up.

Some pictures I've seen shows body bags with what looks like a whole body in it. Unless they just cram them full of whatever is left over... :eek:

Soldato
Obama, speaking in the Philippines where is attending a regional summit, said: “We are not well served when, in response to a terrorist attack, we descend into fear and panic. We don’t make good decisions if it’s based on hysteria or an exaggeration of risks.

“When individuals say we should have a religious test and that only Christians, proven Christians should be admitted, that’s offensive.

“I cannot think of a more potent recruitment tool for Isil [Isis] than some of the rhetoric that’s been coming out of here during the course of this debate.

“Isil seeks to exploit the idea that there’s war between Islam and the west, and when you see individuals in positions of responsibility suggesting Christians are more worthy of protection than Muslims are in a war-torn land, that feeds the Isil narrative. It’s counter-productive. And it needs to stop.

“And I would add, these are the same folks who suggested they’re so tough that just ‘talk to Putin’ or staring down Isil [will work] … but they are scared of widows and orphans coming into the United States of America as part of our tradition of compassion. At first they were too scared of the press being too tough on them in the debates. Now they are scared of three-year-old orphans. That doesn’t seem so tough to me.”

Strong, wise words from Obama. It must be so frustrating for him, being surrounded by so many loud-mouthed idiots.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom