******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
We should have just had the monitor next to Andy then I should have hid in the cupboard at the back and broadcast from there. (then fell out at the end)

Gotta do some more filming tomorrow for the live stream next week. oh joy....

Soldato
So folks, predictions fot the live stream tomorrow, will they manage to drop 2.0 on the livestream? They also claim to have a lot of unseen content to show alongside ship sales. Predictions?

Soldato
Some third party information here: http://redacted.tv/threads/anniversary-sale-livestream-what-we-know.262/

The Live Stream will be for 3 hours, Thursday the 19th from 11am to 2pm PST Celebrating the 3rd Anniversary of Star Citizen.

We are likely to see a variety of new footage and presentation materials, interviews and questions answered, as well as some new stuff being announced or released.

Will be coming from the “Old” Santa Monica Offices.

Sales will be running from the 19th until the 30th of November.

The Actual Sale each day will be themed, Pirate Day, Merchants Day, Military Day etc… but also an EVERYTHING is on sale towards the end of the week/period in case you missed out.

There will be 20% off physical merchandise from the Livestream for 48 hours.

There Might be up to new 3 concept sales, 1 of these is the Crucible which will be $350 sold throughout the entire period.

A large variety of Limited Ships will be on sale again.

By the way, they have stated that the new alpha will be rolling out like their last big release, with the most active users getting it on PTU first.

Soldato
What state is the game in now? Haven't had it installed for ages. Got a connie package from years ago. What modules are available? Does it work on Crossfire yet?

Soldato
OP
Personally I'm not expecting 2.0 to drop, I think we'll get an update on it, some fluff and pretty stuff then more promises of it being soon. This is publicity ahead of a sale. I'm not massively fussed about the delays though, I'm use to it now.

I do think we'll see at least 2 ships we haven't seen before or more detail on the forgotten ships like the Caterpillar.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I wonder if it's gonna be more profitable to release this game, or just keep it in development ad infinitum while people are happy to keep chucking money at it

Soldato
Doubt it, the incentive to spend will be even greater when you have an actual game to use the ships in and whatever other microtransactions will be around.

Associate
Personally I'm not expecting 2.0 to drop, I think we'll get an update on it, some fluff and pretty stuff then more promises of it being soon. This is publicity ahead of a sale. I'm not massively fussed about the delays though, I'm use to it now.
Dont really get the basis of that comment tbh, its been content complete since the end of last month (~3wks), and its just a matter of hammering out the bugs as they're found.

I wonder if it's gonna be more profitable to release this game, or just keep it in development ad infinitum while people are happy to keep chucking money at it
Nah, i think they'd much rather drop the 'pay2win' tag they get branded with, and the reality is that as soon as the game is released then players will still be able to purchase ships with cash, they'll just have to buy UEC credits to the weekly limit each week and then use those credits in-game. Not the same as throwing $100 at a ship, but if they let people buy $50 credits each week then they'll still have people doing it rather than spending say 10hrs to earn it (or buy $25 + 5hrs in-game).

Theres also a lot of people who are simply waiting for the release, and while the game might reach the same features under a 'beta' phase, some people will still simply wait for the release.

Lastly, i dont think its ideal having the game 5-6-7yrs in development and still not released. The way its being planned is that they'll be working on it long after release and adding more content.
A lot of that will be funded by UEC credits being sold, but also through story-DLC packs, like a Vanduul DLC where you'd get to go through a SP campaign as a Vanduul soldier, and CIG would create the storyline and new ships, planets etc which would become part of the persistent universe to everyone (non-divisive DLC). Theres definitely 2, possibly 3 'chapters' to SQ42 (#1 being the initial release, #2 being free-DLC very early backers got (like sub-$10m) and im sure ive heard theres a 3rd too).

Theres plenty of revenue to access, LEGO are already considering doing the Anvil Hornet, as part of a community vote and internal selection of the months best selections, and i believe it just hangs on a yes/no vote from LEGO HQ. Personally, i'd rather they didnt, and did a small Star Citizen range around launch - Hornet, Freelancer, Constellation & Idris for example.
Licensing could end up being a very useful source of income they dont have right now. You cant really tap that market when the product isnt available in the shops or really released because its still largely considered incomplete.

Heres all the Lego ships people have built and submitted: https://ideas.lego.com/discover#search/q:star%20citizen/s:most_recent&scroll=2446
Imagine having those as part of an official range, with CIG approval on each model. How cool would it be to be able to buy things like a Dumpers Depot store and build your own planetside area. 10-20yrs ago it probably wouldnt be remotely possible, but these days theres TONS of different ranges. Not simply space, city, pirates, castles etc as ranges.

Last edited:
Associate
It would be pretty funny if they did start doing Lego sets of Star Citizen. Erin, nick, meller and a large proportion of foundry left tt fusion where I work which makes the LEGO games. There is an ongoing joke at work about this.

Soldato

"big" PC games sell upwards of 5million copies, SC so far "only" has about 800k-1m people who've paid, and ok some of them have paid way over what most PC games charge, but the inference is that they could have (conservatively) another 1m people @$60 a head for $60m vs. a few million each time they do a sale or whatever, and if they do knock it out of the park and sell another 4m copies another $240m

and then more again when the multiplayer segment drops

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Dont really get the basis of that comment tbh, its been content complete since the end of last month (~3wks), and its just a matter of hammering out the bugs as they're found.

Really? Yes they'll be polishing things off but at the same time it's incredible how each event has another big reveal just in time for it. That's either brilliant project management, or extremely good marketing, I'd say the latter having met Sandi, she's far more intelligent and savvy than people give her credit for.

It's not a criticism, the game needs funds after all, I just wish each big update didn't have to happen right next to a sale. It's rare for them not to happen in parallel, maximise publicity at the right time though = more chance of a successful development. :D

Soldato
22753323069_cc05bc9e0f_c.jpg
[/url]ajp3YSOKmp2k.878x0.Z-Z96KYq by jonjones262, on Flickr[/IMG]

Our latest character reveal

Associate
Really? Yes they'll be polishing things off but at the same time it's incredible how each event has another big reveal just in time for it. That's either brilliant project management, or extremely good marketing, I'd say the latter having met Sandi, she's far more intelligent and savvy than people give her credit for.

It's not a criticism, the game needs funds after all, I just wish each big update didn't have to happen right next to a sale. It's rare for them not to happen in parallel, maximise publicity at the right time though = more chance of a successful development. :D

Thats hardly surprising though is it. They've done 4 live events this year, and have 2 live streams coming up.
The events happen when they're planned, at least 2 are set to Expo's dates, 2 in a yearly event based on anniversaries, and the xmas one is just something they do.
When that covers January, March, April, August, October, November & December, its kinda hard not to land somewhere around an event, especially when they have a 'its released when its ready and blocker free', 2.0 could be the same as Arena Commanders first release.

Besides, they're more than capable of generating hype, they've got at least 1 concept sale they'll be discussing shortly, upto 2 hangar-ready ships, and a handful of other surprises too apparently.
They absolutely know what they're doing with marketing, i just think deciding they have an anniversary coming up, and are at the point in development where the next big update is due, is bound to line up with an event, especially when they land during Aug-Oct-Nov-Dec... i just think they're completely unrelated and they're getting on with what they need to be doing when its at that stage, and not dictating their release schedule to coincide with live-streams.

Associate
C&P from what i posted on Bit-Tech about 15min ago, seeing as it hasnt been posted or announced yet.

$30/$36 LTI just went on sale!!
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/p52-merlin/P-72-Archimedes

Fill your boots :D
Annoyingly all mine are LTI or packages. I've melted my LN Alpha package now i can (got AMD package still) and bought one, dont see me using it but its handy.

Avenger Variants are on sale too, pre-announcement :D oh CIG.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...&itemType=skus&storefront=pledge&type=extras&

Crusible: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/crucible/Anvil-Crucible
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/aegis-avenger

Repair Post: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...n/15066-Wandering-Workshop-The-Anvil-Crucible

Back
Top Bottom