**** Star Wars: Battlefront ****

Soldato
Could barely play this last night! Every map I went into, it was black save for seeing the mini map and the outline of other players. But the actual map itself? Nothing!!! Just all black. I set my graphics to medium, this made no difference. I set the AMD CCC to use application settings, still no difference! Unless I was looking up. That's right, I have to look up to be able to see anything, but the second I dropped my view to normal level, black!

I tried one of the solo missions. Played as Luke and it was good but I then realised the issue wasn't with multiplayer, it was to do with the fact that I was inside. If I was outside, that's when the map just goes black.

Anyone else experience this?

My gaming rig is as follows:

MSI x99 mobo
Intel i7 5820K @4GHz
AMD 295x2 GPU
1250w PSU
16GB DDR4 RAM
Samsung 24" LCD monitor

No other game that I own behaves in this manner. Yet in the beta, the game was perfectly fine! I don't want to return it for anything cos I have waited too long for this. So any help is welcome.

Soldato
Seems pretty well optimised to me. My 980 is at constant 99% usage with High settings at 2560x1080 whilst my 4690K is running around 60-70% usage in game.

Been playing since Tuesday and so far.. Spawns need work, not so much the placement but when you spawn there. Number of times i've spawned either in a group of 10 enemies or behind them.

ATAT is fine, think they have tweaked the field of view so you can't cover all of the battlefield at one time.

Boba is certainly very OP at the moment, you can jet pack up high and pretty much get anyone you want although I recon this will even itself out a bit once more and more people unlock the Jet packs. The accuracy of his blaster needs to be reduced at longer ranges. Compare him to Han and Han is pretty awful in retrospect.

Visuals are pretty incredible. I was thinking of upgrading for this but at the moment see no reason to.

The Droid game mode is pretty naff. There should be a count down for each team which ticks quicker the more droids you capture.

Also flying mechanics seem really strange to me, input seems laggy but they also seem over sensitive as well.

Bloody good fun, nice to be able to pick up a game and just play. Ranks not showing on the scoreboard is good, although there should be more points for playing the objectives, etc.

Caporegime
Boba Fett is pretty OP to say the least, incredibly accurate blasters, a rocket that homes in on people. And you can do it all from far off distances and still hand out a beating.

But it's Star Wars! It's suppose to be like that!!!! :p

I said it in the alpha & beta and I'll say it again..... the quickest, easiest and best "fix/balance" imo is just to remove them from walker assault etc. and keep them to their own game mode.

why u watching **** players play **** games? when fallout 4 is here?

lol im totally addicted to fo4 not been this addicted to a game since start of the wow!

Can't play fallout 4 when I'm in bed! Was on my tablet catching up on this game :p

And yes, fallout 4 is amazing, didn't think I would like it anywhere as much as this! :cool:

NOMDS

Not On My Discord Server!

Taker your phaser guns and warp speed somewhere else.

:p

Polishing my ban hammer right now! :D

Soldato
This is why I will never buy this or Titanfall. If they want to add a proper offline mode so I can play the game I bought in a few years whenever I feel like it I would buy both games. Like so many mainly gamers why do I want to buy the game then be told by EA sometime in the next few years I can no longer play as they do not wish to maintain the servers anymore :rolleyes:
" EA MAY DISCONTINUE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE AT WWW.EA.COM/1/SERVICE-UPDATES"

Soldato
Played my first game and it’s pretty much what I expected. My expectations in terms of depth (or lack thereof) were sufficiently managed, so I think it looks great, sounds great and could be good casual fun for a while.

I do think it’s very overpriced for what you get, there isn’t even a real single player game which would have been awesome. The shooting could not be any more basic, I hope they can mix that up a bit. But I will definitely stick with it for a while, it looks and sounds so good I’m hoping it will be good fun in parts. Cannot honestly recommend paying the full price for it though, it’s too expensive.

Permabanned
But it's Star Wars! It's suppose to be like that!!!! :p

I said it in the alpha & beta and I'll say it again..... the quickest, easiest and best "fix/balance" imo is just to remove them from walker assault etc. and keep them to their own game mode.

Can't play fallout 4 when I'm in bed! Was on my tablet catching up on this game :p

And yes, fallout 4 is amazing, didn't think I would like it anywhere as much as this! :cool:

Polishing my ban hammer right now! :D

I think it is funny when one of the heroes shows up, everyone tries to run away or hide. Its bad haha. I did kill one or two though as they do take damage if you can get them.

Associate
This is why I will never buy this or Titanfall. If they want to add a proper offline mode so I can play the game I bought in a few years whenever I feel like it I would buy both games. Like so many mainly gamers why do I want to buy the game then be told by EA sometime in the next few years I can no longer play as they do not wish to maintain the servers anymore :rolleyes:
" EA MAY DISCONTINUE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE AT WWW.EA.COM/1/SERVICE-UPDATES"

Even if that were to happen in the future, i would have easily got my monies worth out of it long before then....

I've put 100’s of hours into Titanfall which has been excellent and still going fine...

Not a waste of money in my books....

Now as to those hundreds of games i bought, sat on my shelves that could be played through in about 10 hours and I've never touched again....

Now there's some poor value for money to be honest...

Associate
Could barely play this last night! Every map I went into, it was black save for seeing the mini map and the outline of other players. But the actual map itself? Nothing!!! Just all black. I set my graphics to medium, this made no difference. I set the AMD CCC to use application settings, still no difference! Unless I was looking up. That's right, I have to look up to be able to see anything, but the second I dropped my view to normal level, black!

I tried one of the solo missions. Played as Luke and it was good but I then realised the issue wasn't with multiplayer, it was to do with the fact that I was inside. If I was outside, that's when the map just goes black.

Anyone else experience this?

My gaming rig is as follows:

MSI x99 mobo
Intel i7 5820K @4GHz
AMD 295x2 GPU
1250w PSU
16GB DDR4 RAM
Samsung 24" LCD monitor

No other game that I own behaves in this manner. Yet in the beta, the game was perfectly fine! I don't want to return it for anything cos I have waited too long for this. So any help is welcome.

I had the same problem.

You have to disable crossfire and don't use the newest 15.11.1 driver.

To disable crossfire on r9 295x2 go to ccc and create separate game profile with default settings and go to crossfire section and where you select from different profiles there will be NO CFX profile. This solved all problems for me like black draw distance, sound problems and end of the round slowdowns/stutter.

I personally just got a refund on a preorder version with season pass that I bought through origin.
I really enjoyed the beta but the full game is not fun for me.
It looks as though I am on the wrong side of hit detection and it is not the lag on my end as my ping is only 30 to 40. It looks like high ping players have got massive advantage, just like in bf4.
It is a grenade spam fest - I had more kills with them than any other weapon.
Spawn system is broken - you spawn either 100 miles from the action or right in the middle of the firefight.

It is a very, very shallow fps that seriously lacks content. For me anyway.
It will be dead in couple months time just like titanfall.

I must say that it looks and runs very good though.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I really enjoyed the beta but the full game is not fun for me. It looks as though I am on the wrong side of hit detection and it is not the lag on my end. It looks like high ping players have got massive advantage, just like in bf4.

I find that but its not as bad as it is for BF4 - does my head in as I know it doesn't affect everyone as badly but can't figure out why - other than the fact I'm usually the lowest ping player in the server.

When its behaving I will take someone down very very quickly so its frustrating when as often as not I "get" players down to like 1% health but then can't finish them off no matter how hard I try and I know its not down to a lack of skill on my end (that isn't to say I'm a particularly skilled player just that I know I have sufficient skill to kill them in those circumstances).

I kind of like the fact I can jump in and just start blasting stuff - sometimes I don't want to take an FPS too seriously - but that probably means that it won't have huge longevity with the general population and it does disappoint me that they could have made a pretty epic W:ET type game for this generation out of it but haven't.

Caporegime
NVIDIA GeForce 359.00 WHQL Driver Released

Game Ready
Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate and Overwatch: Beta.

GameWorks VR 1.0 Support
Driver support for GameWorks VR 1.0, including Multi-Res shading and Windows 10
support.

Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
• Guild Wars 2 – 64-bit EXE added
• Overlord: Fellowship of Evil – DX11 SLI profile added
• Total War: Attila – SLI disabled
• War Thunder – 64-bit EXE added

3D Vision Profiles
No 3D Vision profiles were added with this release.

Software Modules
• NView – version 146.78
• HD Audio Driver – version 1.3.34.4
• NVIDIA PhysX System Software – version 9.15.0428
• GeForce Experience – version 2.7.4.10
• CUDA – version 7.5

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-359-00-whql-driver-download.html

or

http://la.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/95695

Soldato
I had the same problem.

You have to disable crossfire and don't use the newest 15.11.1 driver.

To disable crossfire on r9 295x2 go to ccc and create separate game profile with default settings and go to crossfire section and where you select from different profiles there will be NO CFX profile. This solved all problems for me like black draw distance, sound problems and end of the round slowdowns/stutter.

I personally just got a refund on a preorder version with season pass that I bought through origin.
I really enjoyed the beta but the full game is not fun for me.
It looks as though I am on the wrong side of hit detection and it is not the lag on my end as my ping is only 30 to 40. It looks like high ping players have got massive advantage, just like in bf4.
Spawn system is broken - you spawn either 100 miles from the action or right in the middle of the firefight.

Many thanks dude! I will give this a try tonight! I did wonder where to disable crossfire in the CCC.

Soldato
Extremely fun game and very nice to play. Maps and scenery are also very very nice. Playing 60-70% on both GPU's at 1440p with every setting maxed out at a solid 144hz.

Can see myself playing this for a while :D. Only played a selection of maps so far and all have been very well balanced and fun to play.

Back
Top Bottom