Hazro HZ27WiDP

Associate
http://hazro.com/hz27widp.html

anyone bought one of these yet just interested in any reviews from end users, also regarding Hazro as a company what are they like now regarding warranty and contacting them for support, pity overclockers don't sell them.

btw i'm on my 5y old Hazro HZ27WC glass front screen atm and its working perfectly (no dead pixels no dust) I just need more connections now as this one only has one dvi-d.

Associate
I'm still using my Hazro HZ27WC non-glass version. I purchased it back in 2011 and its been faultless. Not sure about this model though. As a gamer, going on tftcentral's review I probably wouldn't buy it in the face of current competition. But for productivity purposes and 'casual' gaming it looks pretty good.

Associate
What a bizarre coincidence, I have been trying to get hold of Hazro because I wanted to buy one of these this morning (I own 3 Hazro's all great). Sadly they don't post a telephone number and I don't really want to order one and then find out they have already gone down the pan.

If they are going to sell direct they need to give the consumer some confidence by at least giving them the impression they can be contacted :( Shane I really want one of those monitors it would be perfect for my needs

Associate
OP
well after reading review on tft thanks for that I ordered one, got an auto response "thanks for order reply" I sent a support ticket asking when its going to be shipped upto now sfa.

i'll give it until the end of next week hopefully they will have the decency to reply.

bit worrying

Hazro will ONLY consider warranty claims should the above tolerable values be exceeded. Backlight ‘bleed’ or ‘Non-Uniformity’ will only be considered for Warranty if >32% of LED Panel Coverage. It is important to note that IPS panels, whilst offering excelling colour reproduction, tend to suffer from backlight inconsistency especially in the corners [a ‘glow’ effect] as well as visible ‘ripples’ and ‘folds’ – especially when viewing mono colours. In order to determine the coverage, Hazro utilises high accuracy MURA defect detection tools. Additionally, uniformity or inconsistency which are considered characteristics of the IPS panel will not be considered for RMA. An example of this is where a slight ‘colour tinge’ is noticeable.

Pixel defects that arise after 72 hours ownership of the monitor cannot be reported for RMA as Hazro only considers pixel ‘defects’ to be valid at initial use. Individual pixels within modern LCD and LED displays can fail over time and this is considered normal wear and tear of the monitor.

Last edited:
Associate
I tried to contact them 3 months ago using their website's support system in order to get a replacement power brick. I've still not received a reply.

Even if they ship the monitor to you, what happens if it breaks in 6 months?

Associate
well after reading review on tft thanks for that I ordered one, got an auto response "thanks for order reply" I sent a support ticket asking when its going to be shipped upto now sfa.

i'll give it until the end of next week hopefully they will have the decency to reply.

bit worrying

Hazro will ONLY consider warranty claims should the above tolerable values be exceeded. Backlight ‘bleed’ or ‘Non-Uniformity’ will only be considered for Warranty if >32% of LED Panel Coverage. It is important to note that IPS panels, whilst offering excelling colour reproduction, tend to suffer from backlight inconsistency especially in the corners [a ‘glow’ effect] as well as visible ‘ripples’ and ‘folds’ – especially when viewing mono colours. In order to determine the coverage, Hazro utilises high accuracy MURA defect detection tools. Additionally, uniformity or inconsistency which are considered characteristics of the IPS panel will not be considered for RMA. An example of this is where a slight ‘colour tinge’ is noticeable.

Pixel defects that arise after 72 hours ownership of the monitor cannot be reported for RMA as Hazro only considers pixel ‘defects’ to be valid at initial use. Individual pixels within modern LCD and LED displays can fail over time and this is considered normal wear and tear of the monitor.

I ordered one yesterday also mate for my Mac, I have owned three for my PC and they have been amazing for years. I was concerned myself but given the quality to price ratio and my first hand experiences I simply could not resist.

Please let us know if they come back to you, I will also share my experience for the benefit of others

Soldato

Lmao what a load of ****.

Associate
OP
hmm bit worrying , I searched online "hazro" went into liquidation on 23rd December 2014.

just got our company accountant to do a search on the 2 companies "hazro technologies" and "powerdisplay"

Registered office address changed from Avebury House Second Floor 55 Newhall Street Birmingham West Midlands B3 3RB to York House 249 Manningham Lane Bradford West Yorkshire BD8 7ER on 8 January 2015

then

Registered office address changed from York House 249 Manningham Lane Bradford West Yorkshire BD8 7ER to 14 Derby Road Stapleford Nottinghamshire NG9 7AA on 21 August 2015

owner : tauseef rashid tel 0800 955 3595

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.7...bGbICF2mSmVYYPC1xa-A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en nice porche

guess they started up again as "hazro technologies"

up to now still no monitor no reply to emails etc, I smell a rat ! , maybe wrong but either they have gone bust again, there on holiday, there to busy to reply to paying customers, speculation but the least they can do is respond

ringing my credit card company today to do a chargeback

once I get the refund i'll order an iiyama from overclockers :)

jeez just looked at the creditors list that hazro owed no wonder overclockers don't deal with them anymore ripped off by £20k

Last edited:
Associate
hmm bit worrying , I searched online "hazro" went into liquidation on 23rd December 2014.

just got our company accountant to do a search on the 2 companies "hazro technologies" and "powerdisplay"

Registered office address changed from Avebury House Second Floor 55 Newhall Street Birmingham West Midlands B3 3RB to York House 249 Manningham Lane Bradford West Yorkshire BD8 7ER on 8 January 2015

then

Registered office address changed from York House 249 Manningham Lane Bradford West Yorkshire BD8 7ER to 14 Derby Road Stapleford Nottinghamshire NG9 7AA on 21 August 2015

owner : tauseef rashid tel 0800 955 3595

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.7...bGbICF2mSmVYYPC1xa-A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en nice porche

guess they started up again as "hazro technologies"

up to now still no monitor no reply to emails etc, I smell a rat ! , maybe wrong but either they have gone bust again, there on holiday, there to busy to reply to paying customers, speculation but the least they can do is respond

ringing my credit card company today to do a chargeback

once I get the refund i'll order an iiyama from overclockers :)

jeez just looked at the creditors list that hazro owed no wonder overclockers don't deal with them anymore ripped off by £20k

I was going to leave it another day or two personally mate, I sincerely hope he comes up with the goods. I have seen some new ones on eBay still selling which leads me to believe their is a supply somewhere. What do you think, am I nuts for taking the gamble?

Associate
OP
yeah theres something dodgy about hazro , I rang Barclaycard last night and they have put a hold on the amount but ibet nothing comes of it, I should have known when 1. there was no contact number. 2. the warranty wording is bs 3. went bust in December and has changed address twice since then and still shows the old address on the website.

btw I posted same warning on tft central forum where they reviewed the monitor and gave a big in depth review to which convinced me the buy one, the post has been deleted by the guy who does the reviews so imo he's got something to hide also

Man of Honour
btw I posted same warning on tft central forum where they reviewed the monitor and gave a big in depth review to which convinced me the buy one, the post has been deleted by the guy who does the reviews so imo he's got something to hide also

I've got nothing to hide :) i removed it (on TFTCentral) as it was a very brief post which didn't, to me, seem to make any sense. it was just a link to a googlemaps image and somebody's personal information with no background detail at all about the issue or what you were getting at. you've explained in more detail on here though which is fine.

it was also your first post on that forum and so i have no idea if it's legit or not. you even said i could remove it if i wanted, so you must have known it was a bit of an odd post :)

Associate
I've got nothing to hide :) i removed it (on TFTCentral) as it was a very brief post which didn't, to me, seem to make any sense. it was just a link to a googlemaps image and somebody's personal information with no background detail at all about the issue or what you were getting at. you've explained in more detail on here though which is fine.

it was also your first post on that forum and so i have no idea if it's legit or not. you even said i could remove it if i wanted, so you must have known it was a bit of an odd post :)

Balls I guess I should contact my card provider also now :( Shame they were absolutely great monitors

Associate
OP
yeah sorry badass, I regret that comment, I usually use your review site when i'm looking for a new monitor as its allot more detailed unlike most other sites that just say "image is really good and its bright" so we give it 100% gold badge award etc.

now I'm trying to find an alternative ( to the hazro ) with the following spec ,1440p ips screen glossy or glass fronted with a little as possible backlight glow.

Back
Top Bottom