** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

Soldato
It's not a recall, people with the colour banding issues (problem early Oct) where just told to return them for a reflash, Acer have never told all buyers to return every monitor.

You have 7 days to decide for yourself, that's what I did and after swapping it with my beloved 4k Sync several times over the week I'm deffo keeping mine.

Soldato
This scan line issue seems rather puzzling. Not sure what the explanation is and why some seem to suffer more than others. Maybe something to do with the panel being OC'd?

Soldato
Hows about returning the Acer X34 back its original release price of £950 from £990. Go on Gibbo have a heart, I will blow my promise of not spending more than £650 on a monitor if you do this. Thats at least one extra sale that wouldn't happen otherwise. :)

Need stock first!

If Acer can get at least 100 into me next week I'll tweak the price for Black Friday. :)

Taken from the Black Friday thread. :)

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=28840379#post28840379

Associate
It's not a recall, people with the colour banding issues (problem early Oct) where just told to return them for a reflash, Acer have never told all buyers to return every monitor.

You have 7 days to decide for yourself, that's what I did and after swapping it with my beloved 4k Sync several times over the week I'm deffo keeping mine.

Isn`t cooling off period 14 days?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/returns

Quite confused about it.

Associate
There for the XR34 but I suppose there's no different, will give it a go.

Do you notice any lines in games or just the NV test.

It's physically possible for me to see them, but not from my usual sitting position. If no one had told me of them I would never see them. I played for a good few hours last night and didn't see a thing.

Associate
So I just tested Witcher 3 all settings maxed including hair with 8XAA and down clocked my TX I managed to see 40FPS and no lines anywhere on screen.

Going to forget about the scan lines now they only appear in the NV demo.

Cool, good to hear. I'm just gonna keep on with what I have now and keep on eye out for possible fixes down the line.

Caporegime
It's common now with TV's and monitors, thing is once you get into that malarky you'll never be 100% happy with a screen again as all panels have at least one fault or bad point against another.

People over on avforums going through 7-10 TV's abusing John Lewis excellent customer service.

I can understand if your panel is horrible and is really bad compared to the average one but some people will literally send them back for anything.

Soldato
Stop obsessing and go enjoy some ultra widescreen gaming matey :)

Cheers I intend too.

Cool, good to hear. I'm just gonna keep on with what I have now and keep on eye out for possible fixes down the line.

Bang on here if you see oat...

never understood why people buy somethin and test it for faults? if it doesn't effect what u are using it for? (games) then why stress out about it?

Because it cost over a grand 3 times the cost of a good monitor. It should be pritty fawless for that price tagg in my book. Same as I stressed my TX when I got it.

Soldato
i know how much it costs as i've preordered one... i spent £750 on a samsung 950D when they was brand new! it had some BLB but i didn't moan about it cause in games i couldn't see it :)

but i ain't gonna sit there trying to find the most meaningless faults with it.. id rather play the games i'm gonna enjoy on it!

Soldato
What brightness you guys running your XR/X34's at ?

59 for me, contrast 46 I didn't follow any guides just set up to what felt right/comfortable to me. If its too bright it makes my eyes ache, so long as it's bright enough to view clearly and no more thats enough for me.

Not too butt in but if i was spending a grand on ANY PC equipment i would expect it to be flawless and not have any faults.

Wake me up the day a perfect flawless monitor with perfect viewing angles, perfect colour reproduction, sub 1ms response time and no clouding, blb, or glow comes. Until that day comes I guess I'll just get on with the best of whatever is available.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom