Nexus tablet to tv via HDMI

Soldato
I'm looking to send KODI output from my tablet (nexus 7 I think) to my tv. Is there such a cable I can use and if so what is the cable called? Does OCUK sell it?

I've heard something called a MHL cable....anyone else heard of it? If not and I've got it wrong, what cable do I need to get to connect my nexus to the tv, via HDMI or other tv input? :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
Download the CPU-Z app, it should tell you the processor it's using. If Nvidia Tegra you have the 2012 version of the Nexus 7, if it's Qualcomm Snapdragon then 2013.

The Nexus devices don't support MHL, but they do support Slimport. Get a Slimport adapter and it should output to HDMI just fine.

Alternative option is a Chromecast, which plugs into the TV via HDMI, and then use the "Cast screen" option in the notification toggles. As long as you have a good wireless setup, it will run smoothly, although there's a slight hit in latency.

Soldato
Careful with what TV you have. Just got delivery of a slimport adapter today to do the same thing with my old nexus 4.

It works on only 2 out of the 3 TV's I have. It seems older Samsung are very fussy working with slimport because of the resolution it outputs in. Basically its not standard.

And on the brief research I did before buying my slimport adapter, I saw quite a few reviews mentioning not working with the nexus 7

Back
Top Bottom