The Division. Are we interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The more and more of The Division I see, the more I realise it won't live up to people's expectations. Now I'm absolutely expecting it to release and play like Destiny. The Division seems like an FPS combined with an MMORPG, which didn't do anything good for Destiny.

The reason Destiny feels like an awkward hybrid of MMO and FPS is because they released on and still support last gen consoles. They just don't have the hardware to handle persistent worlds of any scale (it's a miracle they got X360 and PS3 to do what they have). I fully expect Destiny 2 will drop support for last-gen and vastly increase the scale of the shared world aspect.

Just playing the waiting game on The Division....looks interesting but very little concrete info about the scope of the game.

Associate
LOL at all you idiots pre ordering. It's Ubisoft, do you really expect that it will look ANYTHING like the gameplay vids they have released? Which clearly keep decreasing in graphical quality. Do you really think it will be anything like the gameplay they advertise with the team WALKING around an casually scouting out places with scripted fights? Do you really think it will be a vast wasteland of which you can explore without problems?

Come the **** on. Learn your lessons!
You should join my steam group!

Permabanned
:D I know i should not! as i am likely to get massively let down. But no game other than the last of us has had me this interested. If they manage to make it what it should be it's going to be a damn good game!

If it lives up to expectations then it will be a brilliant game, but Jack Frags and Co are on the same level of IGN journalism lately. However all I have to go by is history and Ubisoft haven't had a good track record lately. The game will remain on my radar and I hope that Ubisoft prove PC gamers wrong by turning over a new leaf and learning from Watchdogs.

Associate
Thought I'd post this again just to (sadly) wee on everyone's chips.

All the original 'demos' were nothing more than target renders. Straight from the mouth of a Ubisoft developer I had a few drinks with. Yes they ran on PC's with an 'engine' of sorts, but no actual overhead of the mechanics of a proper game behind it, just like Watch Dogs.

Soldato
Thought I'd post this again just to (sadly) wee on everyone's chips.

All the original 'demos' were nothing more than target renders. Straight from the mouth of a Ubisoft developer I had a few drinks with. Yes they ran on PC's with an 'engine' of sorts, but no actual overhead of the mechanics of a proper game behind it, just like Watch Dogs.

Snowdrop is pretty far along, it's not an 'engine of sorts', it's a fully-fledged engine built from the ground up for next-gen consoles and PC, started 5-6 years ago, not a legacy port. Very impressive it is too from what I've seen of it so far.

I can understand why people would be skeptical mind, but the engine ain't no vaporware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom