DENIS

Associate
Just a heads up for those still running DENIS, they haven't been feeding the server so you are probably running out of tasks if you haven't already. Guess they are just doing some housekeeping following all the data they collected during the challenge.

No information yet on when new tasks will be added.

Thanks for the update, I've mostly switched back to FAH and WCG for now but still running DENIS on my NAS :D

PDW

PDW

Associate
OP
They had a problem getting the work fed into the system, it's fixed now and work is available :)

Colin, you should set a backup project for when things like this happen. Most projects (but not all) let you set priority as 0 so will only download when you have no other work to keep your cpus busy.

Man of Honour
For anyone who is still running DENIS, please note that the project admins have asked for any optimised apps to be removed as they're about to release a new version.

If you feel like waiting for a few days, you may get a little work as existing tasks time out, but there will be no new work for the current version.

http://denis.usj.es/denisathome/forum_thread.php?id=88

It was definitely fun while it lasted. I've never had a 100k+ RAC before, that's for sure!

Soldato
ye I was chugging along nicely , I swapped to malariacontrol but the WU's seem to start of fast but then grind down to been very slow, I thought maybe they changed the points you get as they take much longer than they use to, but nope, only a few points per unit for doing units that takes ages. any body else run malaria control and have this problem

Soldato
ye I was chugging along nicely , I swapped to malariacontrol but the WU's seem to start of fast but then grind down to been very slow, I thought maybe they changed the points you get as they take much longer than they use to, but nope, only a few points per unit for doing units that takes ages. any body else run malaria control and have this problem

I'm running malariacontrol now, looking at your 4690K production it seems about right, your ppd is around 6-7K but MC is a low scoring boinc project I'm afraid.

Associate
Thanks for the update, still have some tasks left on my nas, very close to 6 mil points now. Presumably all I do is delete the two app files that i unzipped in the first place then restart boinc.

Back
Top Bottom