** EARLY BIRD CATCHES THE WORM: CYBER MONDAY 8 PACK ELITE TIER FORUM ONLY DEAL!! **

Associate
Gibbo, any deals on the following:

X99 Deluxe/USB3.1 Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
i7-5820K 3.30GHz (Haswell-E) Socket LGA2011-V3 Processor - Retail (BX80648I75820K)
GeForce GTX 960 DirectCU2 OC Strix 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Thinking about probably 32gb of memory as well.

Caporegime
Really glad the mobo has thunderbolt connector as this is to upgrade my DAW and I was thinking of getting a thunderbolt audio interface

The actual thunderbolt 2 add in card seems pretty hard to find though! OCUK do not seem to do it.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo, any deals on the following:

X99 Deluxe/USB3.1 Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
i7-5820K 3.30GHz (Haswell-E) Socket LGA2011-V3 Processor - Retail (BX80648I75820K)
GeForce GTX 960 DirectCU2 OC Strix 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Thinking about probably 32gb of memory as well.

Check the webshop, all deals are now live. :)

Soldato
How much will this affect the speeds?

The Samsung 951 is in theory, capable of ~2150/1550 MB/sec read/write speeds.

The motherboard's m.2 is capable of 10 Gb/sec, which is ~1250 MB/sec.

For whatever reason, Gigabyte have been very slow to update to "turbo m.2" across their range compared to other brands, which is capable of 32 Gb/sec.

It would be less ironic if Gigabyte were selling these add-on adapter cards, as an optioonal extra. ;)

Soldato
Hi

i justg read a review of the Gigabyte X99 Gaming 5P

http://www.kitguru.net/components/m...gigabyte-x99-gaming-5p-motherboard-review/15/

and it reviews really well, however I noticed this in the conclusion.

KitGuru says: A solid choice for a high-end, multi-GPU gaming system, provided you don’t plan on using a high-speed M.2 storage drive

just wondering how anyone here who works with the board feels about it, and whether it makes any effect in the real world, considering we are getting the exact ssd the review warns of. (bonus if it is anyone from occuk :) )

(i do not mind either way, but, its just if the ssd is going to be hampered i may as well sell the ssd to a mate and just buy a £100 sata one from here ;)
thanks.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi

i justg read a review of the Gigabyte X99 Gaming 5P

http://www.kitguru.net/components/m...gigabyte-x99-gaming-5p-motherboard-review/15/

and it reviews really well, however I noticed this in the conclusion.

KitGuru says: A solid choice for a high-end, multi-GPU gaming system, provided you don’t plan on using a high-speed M.2 storage drive

just wondering how anyone here who works with the board feels about it, and whether it makes any effect in the real world, considering we are getting the exact ssd the review warns of. (bonus if it is anyone from occuk :) )

(i do not mind either way, but, its just if the ssd is going to be hampered i may as well sell the ssd to a mate and just buy a £100 sata one from here ;)
thanks.

It will impact benchmark results for sure, but the £18 Asus Hyper adapter we sell would resolve that. ;)

Back
Top Bottom