** A WINDOWS 10 GAMING TABLET FOR UNDER £150 !! **

Soldato
I got my Xbox One yesterday. Can confirm that the streaming to the Linx Vision works incredibly well. Not quite as perfect as Wii U streaming but very playable - a much better experience than PS4 to Vita remote play.

The only hiccup I've so far is with the controller not working in FIFA 15 - I started streaming halfway through a game and the controls wouldn't work - but then I realised it was picking the Vision up as a second controller so I suppose there's some potential for using it in two player games?

Associate
i bought the last great thing on offer from here OcUK 10.1 ips 8gb tablet pc, great price btw at £50 if memory serves me right as a refurb offer end of sale item, ended up a right Turkey just in time for last Christmas, seem you do sometimes get what you pay for, and just be clear, it comes with windows 10 pre installed? not windows 8.1 then you do the upgrade your self etc?

need to ask as i've been down this path before with a tablet that didn't work once upgraded, thanks, sorry to sound negative, but been burnt before so don't wish for another Turkey for this Christmas :) as there's plenty of same sort of spec devices around the same price point or less with larger screens, and streaming isn't playing, so will hold off and wait for a review, as no mention of battery life either playing or not and thh if only 200 in stock or coming, if it sells out and i miss out, then it wasn't to be either, as GF can wait a bit longer, she hate the last one, Jelly bean is rubbish, windows is better, apple is silly daft money for over paid idiots for a name only device...

Last edited:
Associate
It's a good tablet for the price but I must admit I have had a few problems with the one I got. Sometimes it hard locks or the touchscreen stops working when waking the tablet up which is rather frustrating!

Associate
Guys,

I really really want to buy one of these for xbox one streaming but I've read elsewhere there is:

1) Interference using headphones when streaming from the Xbox one, can anyone check the unit they have and advise?
2) The headphone jack is not big enough to let headphones plug into the tablet when it is in the controller dock. I would only use this tablet to play x1 games with headphones in can anyone advise?

Thanks for your help.

Soldato
I get bad interference on mine using headphones - although the forum post where you read that might have been by me..

The hole for the headphone jack isn't huge but I've used it with Apple earbuds and a pair of Urbanears.

After having the unit for a couple of weeks now I'm not sure I would recommend it. There's a couple of issues with the controller which make it a bit unpleasant to use.

The first is that the plastic used for the lighter grey part of the grips has gone sort of greasy and feels a bit slippery to hold - and the greasiness doesn't wipe away. I have a feeling that it will disintegrate after a while. (I have clean hands)

The second issue is that reaching the face buttons and the triggers at the same time isn't very easy or comfortable. It makes games like FIFA a bit of a pain to play, but things like Fallout 4 are fine. (I have large hands)

The last time I used it I gave up on the controller dock and played using the Xbox controller with the tablet on my lap. (I have a sore neck now)

Associate
I am glad you said that i thought it was a gaming tablet was going to buy for my son but since i don't have an xbox one its a waste of time for me

You can still play games directly on the tablet via Steam or the Windows Store (Minecraft being the advertised one). Obviously it's just a Cherry-Trail Z8300, so performance isn't going to be immense. Still, reports of people playing games at ~15-20 FPS somehow.

Might email them and ask for a review sample. Only two reviews knocking about, neither of which go in-depth.

Man of Honour
The 2gb ram lets it down. Surely It isnt going to play much with only 2gb ram!

You'd be surprised - with windows 8/10 the memory management isn't too bad - I've had stuff like eve online playing on my Bay Trail generation tablet without too much issue albeit with a lot of settings turned down.

A lot of older games will play fine at decent framerates on the tablet itself.

Back
Top Bottom