Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Revealed

Soldato
What bugs did you experience? We've been playing it all night with no problems. Near instant match making, squads/invite system working properly, no dramas in game so to speak. Other than ridiculously accurate AI and children mouthing off in the chat. You can take the tactical shooter out of Battlefield, but you can't take the Battlefield out of tactical shooters I guess.

I'm genuinely surprised, for an Ubi release my expectations were set toilet low and this has a lot of potential.

We had a fair few issues with the MM tonight.

- If we joined as a group of three it would split all of us up into empty lobbies.

- sometimes the MM just gets stuck with one slot free in one of the teams, then never fills it.

-invite system was fine

- I've had to mute all ingame chat, its just pointless with people shouting in a language I dont understand

- shields. Need I say more? Theyve ruined every game I've been in tonight. May aswell just give up if someone on the enemy team pick shield cos theyll just roll over you and cant be killed 95% of the time.

- there was some very 'dubious' kills tonight. I got killed through walls while being silent a few times and the killcam showed they had no way of seeing us/me.

I won't be buying it on release as I don't think theyll have sorted the MM or balance in the next 3 days (lol) but I'd like to get back into it if they fix it.

- I've had to mute all ingame chat, its just pointless with people shouting in a language I dont understand

- shields. Need I say more? Theyve ruined every game I've been in tonight. May aswell just give up if someone on the enemy team pick shield cos theyll just roll over you and cant be killed 95% of the time.

- there was some very 'dubious' kills tonight. I got killed through walls while being silent a few times and the killcam showed they had no way of seeing us/me.

I won't be buying it on release as I don't think theyll have sorted the MM or balance in the next 3 days (lol) but I'd like to get back into it if they fix it.

OK actually, fair points now I think about it.

- Standard, TS3 servers with friends only. Randoms need not apply. :D

- Yeah they are a bit daft tbh, might as well have a flashing Power Star bouncing through the level. Grenades are about your only option, even then you've got to be bloody lucky.

- I had one where the kill cam showed me being shot from behind a barricade, it's either an invisible wall or an exploit to make the wall invisible. Or it's a good old fashioned bug where the wall shows in the kill cam and not for the player, if not yeah it's a game ruiner.

I won't be buying it on release day, or paying full price for it. Although will need to find a reputable key source as you know Ubi have a habit of just removing games from people's libraries without warning, refund or recourse.

Soldato
What bugs did you experience? We've been playing it all night with no problems. Near instant match making, squads/invite system working properly, no dramas in game so to speak. Other than ridiculously accurate AI and children mouthing off in the chat. You can take the tactical shooter out of Battlefield, but you can't take the Battlefield out of tactical shooters I guess.

I'm genuinely surprised, for an Ubi release my expectations were set toilet low and this has a lot of potential.

sorry for the delayed response, but Boycey pretty much covered it.

I appreciate it is a Beta but it is a mere days away from full release yet the MM is still broken, in game comms is iffy and I hate hackusations but I've been playing online long enough to know blatant WH'ing and botting when I see it.

on a personal note, I also do not like the 'feel' of the game, now maybe if I played a bit longer it would grow on me, but it doesn't have enough to make me want to invest any time getting to like it,

so for those reasons......I'm out :p

Associate
Best way to fight against the ballistic shield is to not all camp in one room covering the bomb, it's much better if you spread your defence out and cover the room(s) from multiple different locations. That way when they're focusing on breaching the room(s) it makes it easy for one of you to shoot a shielded guy in the back. Also nitro cells throw from cover are another great way of dealing with shields.

It's also a really good idea to have one of you (defenders) lurk/ roam from a completely unorthodox location and monitor cameras for enemy movement, especially if they know the bomb location. Once you know that they're starting to setup, you stab them in the back.

I completely agree that this is a thinking mans game, 9 times out of 10 clever positioning and game sense will trump aim. I honestly don't think it has esport potential in its current state, it's missing too many features. I watched some marketing tournament they showed on twitch last week and the camera/ spectator controls were below the esport standard. Most of the clutch plays were totally missed, I never saw a single first person perspective during the whole tournament.

Soldato
nope I'm done with this, enjoyed it up until the point everyone realised they could just roll shield as attack and win.

Done the lurking, its still almost impossible to counter shields as you dont get grenades as defenders, you get one nitro cell and have to be lucky enough to not get spotted, which again is almost impossible if the enemy team has more than one braincell and clears rooms effectively.

Due to the map design if a shield guy decides to go room clearing you cant win, he cant be killed from the front and won't show his back.

Yesterday I was enjoying it somewhat, today I just alt-f4'd cos its completely one sided.

Soldato
enjoying this abit more now ive got used to it one thing thats bugging me though is when i die and it shows you the killcam, they are shooting no where near me lol

I'm not sure what the score is with the netcode tbh, yesterday I was trying to sneak headshot a guy from behind cover, on my screen he was looking 90 degrees away from me and before I could open fire he headshotted me!

My first reaction was he must have been hacking or something, but watching the killcam he was looking directly at me all along, infuriating.

Associate
Just pre-loaded this, got it free with my 980ti from OCUK.

Ill be playing with a controller so will no doubt suck! I will no doubt give KB+M a go.

Soldato
Me and Loomybot are playing at the moment if theres anyone else up for a few games?

Gam300ver on uplay.

I don't seem to be getting any XP at the end of rounds atm :confused:.

Associate
Only downloaded the beta on Saturday, but what little I played (3/4 hours) I enjoyed.

• Felt like XP progression was 'right' with the renown boaster active. Otherwise too slow.
  • Terrorist Hunt on Lone Wolf even at Normal was stupidly difficult. Probably becuase of the infinite enemy re-spawns. I've seen footage of earlier closed beta footage on Youtube that had a definite enemy limit which is what you need for this mode to work as a single player mode.
Could envisage buying it, but possible not at full retail plus DLC.

Back
Top Bottom