Undecided on Xbox One Purchase: 500GB/1TB/Elite?

Associate
Hello all,

Thinking about purchasing an Xbox On, however undecided on which version to purchase.

It seems which ever one I purchase Ill also be buying:
  • Seagate 1TB SSHD
  • Collective Minds HDD Enclosure

If all games are going to be installed on the SSHD, than what is the need in anything more that the 500GB version, since all that ill be on the internal drive is the OS?

On topic of the Elite Bundle, I can see having an SSHD for the OS to run on may make things a little more snappy, but than again its £400 for the Elite, or £250 for the 1TB/ £210 for the 500GB (Current Retailer deals, factoring in game prices)

Thoughts, question and comments welcomed.

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
The deals are far too good on the 500GB consoles for it to make any sense getting the Elite one at the moment. The performance gains are going to be minimal at best anyway.

Soldato
On topic of the Elite Bundle, I can see having an SSHD for the OS to run on may make things a little more snappy, but than again its £400 for the Elite, or £250 for the 1TB/ £210 for the 500GB (Current Retailer deals, factoring in game prices)

Thoughts, question and comments welcomed.

Thanks
The elite one should cost around £298 going by the recommended MS price
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/consoles/elite-bundle

EDIT: I just seen there UK version of the price :eek:
http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/consoles/elite-bundle £399.99* :(

Last edited:
Associate
I have a 500GB version and recently started using a 1TB external Hdd to up the storage and it works fine, if you use a 7200rpm HDD, SSHD or SSD I think there is possibly a performance boost.

I can't understand why Microsoft are again after the 360 making it so hard to upgrade the HDD, Sony have made it easy with PS3 and 4 without invalidating the warranty and even posting the software and re-install instructions on their website.

:confused:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I bought my Xbone tuther day & when weighing it all up it went something like - Elite + 2 Games = A complete **** take or 500Gb + 2 Top games (Fifa 16 & Forza 6) that were the only 2 games I wanted anyways = £279.
You can get an Xbox one for as cheap as 200 quid now but the above 2 games would still cost you around 70 quid in the sales. An Elite will cost with 2 games around 450 quid. 150 quid difference for the same games/gfxs etc was to much for me.
As for the controller there's already to many buttons on it, Why would I need more ?

Would be different if there was improved GFX a Proper SSD & a controller the same as original but a Gamer version with better triggers & inter changeable joystick lids but there isn't.

Soldato
Yea, the Elite is still nice, each time I pick it up I'm still surprised how nice it feels.

Though I would go for a good deal with games on a 500gb version and pick up a 2TB drive to use.

Back
Top Bottom