What watch do you wear?

Soldato
It's a Microsoft Band. The Band 1 to be precise! it was £50 from Microsoft (about a third it's normal price!) and the Band 2 has just come out, but that's £200!!

It's not really a 'Smartwatch' it's more a 'Fitness Band' with Notifications!

Associate
Looking at getting me a nice watch. Never had a watch over £100. I've been looking at the citizen skyhawk range which I like the look of.

Are there any others with the same look I should be looking at as well around £300 mark?

Soldato
Gentlemen, would any one have any recommendation for a smaller (circa 36mm) divers watch? I know Seiko do a few but wondered if there were any others you might know of... About £200?

Soldato
Looking for a bit of advice, looking for Garmin GPS watch owners.
I was planning on getting a Garmin Tactix, for use with both work and for play (MTB/Hillclimbing), that was until i looked into the Fenix 3, i love the look of the fenix, lower profile, sleeker look, and all that extra functionality, but the one thing that dosnt sit well with me is the battery life, can anyone tell me real world battery life figures?
worth the extra money over the tactix?

Associate
Looking for a bit of advice, looking for Garmin GPS watch owners.
I was planning on getting a Garmin Tactix, for use with both work and for play (MTB/Hillclimbing), that was until i looked into the Fenix 3, i love the look of the fenix, lower profile, sleeker look, and all that extra functionality, but the one thing that dosnt sit well with me is the battery life, can anyone tell me real world battery life figures?
worth the extra money over the tactix?

I'm not sure real world figures will show that much difference between the Fenix 3 and Tactix. The Tactix is quoted as having up to 50h with GPS enabled but I guess this will be in UltraTrac mode which would be the same quoted figure as for the Fenix.

Real world wise, at the top end of the spectrum, when I received my Fenix 3, I set a GPS activity running to see how long it would last - the result was about 20h. I've not tried it in UltraTrac mode. At the other end, it probably lasts for weeks without using GPS but I tend to use it at least every couple of days.

My average use is having Bluetooth on all the time (paired to my phone for notifications) and GPS based activities for a couple of hours per day. On that basis, I re-charge about once a week. I would say, however, that it would be very easy to drain the battery more quickly. For instance, using a basic watch face will use far less juice than one of the more interesting ones that shows you all sorts of additional information - the difference is very noticeable.

It's a great bit of kit and I would definitely recommend it.

Soldato
That's actually pretty handsome...thanks for the suggestion I will add that to my list!!

Check out the Polish brand G. Gerlach. I've no personal experience with their wares, but some of what they make look really rather lovely, and they get decent reviews, price considered.

Check out their Super Compressor, for example. Check that it's actually designed for diving at depth though, as some of these compressor-types just look the part, and don't actually function as originally designed!

Soldato
Moses, have a look at Bauhaus design watches, they will naturally mostly be German like the Archimede there. That's the design style you seem to like. Aristo, Junkers, Zeppelin, Nosmos, all use it to one extent or another, much less so thanks the former but still evident in there design is Damasko and Sinn as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Picked this up today.

563E722E-4A66-4DC0-8E17-6F7E4024E1FF_zpsauzheusz.jpg

EB4D59ED-8B0F-4824-A132-49DEED34756E_zpskh7cr74d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom