Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

OcUK Staff
because Acer believe it or not are a really good seller for OCUK.

Actually Asus is our number one, Benq our number two and Acer is 3rd.

But for UK Acer is now the number one and growing each quarter in gaming monitor sector to the point they nearly now represent 50% of all gaming monitor sales.

I highlighted to them if they want to maintain number one and keep growing we really want to see changes I in both the warranty service and period.

It's a learning curve for them but does seem they are not alone with the early 1440P G-Sync panels having some issues, likewise for Freesync as well. Though it's not great at the same time sales are in the thousands on such monitors with far more happier owners than upset.

What we do is simply inform them of issues, show them these threads and others, along with pushing them for better support.

Hopefully the new Acer XB1 range will have remedied these issues and hopefully the new Asus Swifts will also be an improvement. Time will tell!

Soldato
Hopefully the new Acer XB1 range will have remedied these issues and hopefully the new Asus Swifts will also be an improvement. Time will tell!

The new swifts I am looking forward to. In forums you usually find more upset than happy. Hopefully in a few months time threads like this wont be happening and there will be more positives than negatives.

Soldato
There is an etailer near me that does Monitor checking for dead/stuck pixels and defects and also offers 7 day enhanced warranty. Price not bad either cant mention it on here.

Having to pay for something that is a basic right. Nice.

As the Consumer Rights Act clearly states, goods must be of satisfactory quality, based on what a reasonable person would expect, taking into account the price, and must meet the expectations of the consumer.

There are some proper charlatans out there that's for sure!!

Mobster
Soldato
Actually Asus is our number one, Benq our number two and Acer is 3rd.

But for UK Acer is now the number one and growing each quarter in gaming monitor sector to the point they nearly now represent 50% of all gaming monitor sales.

I highlighted to them if they want to maintain number one and keep growing we really want to see changes I in both the warranty service and period.

It's a learning curve for them but does seem they are not alone with the early 1440P G-Sync panels having some issues, likewise for Freesync as well. Though it's not great at the same time sales are in the thousands on such monitors with far more happier owners than upset.

What we do is simply inform them of issues, show them these threads and others, along with pushing them for better support.

New Swifts ? Tell me more.

Associate
I'm interested in the 32 XB1 ..any idea when that's released ? I just sent back my X34 which had problems .but I loved the Gsync and now can't live without it and now wouldn't mind 4K 32 60hz Gsync ..I have the philips 40in 4K ..which I love amd best monitor in had but it's not for gaming thats for use now I have tasted Gsync .
If the new acer XB1 is months away I may go for the dell 27 ips gsync .

rmg

rmg

Associate
I see this is on today only at 530. I'm tempted, would prefer the 1hu but 120 is a big saving when essentially the spec is the same. I know these ones have had a lot of issues but I am assuming that these would be the newer version with the faster refresh rate enabled and better qc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well i bought one just now.. Not from here but elsewhere. Time to see if i won or lost the panel lottery. I hope its as good as my current lg 29um57 when it comes to ips glow and bleed and no dead pixels!!.. hate dead pixels.

Associate
Well I bought one from elsewhere and have had a few days to play around with it. I'm very impressed. No dead pixels and low brb. It's v2 so ulmb is available at 120hz. Rocket League is fantastic at 120fps and ulmb. BioShock infinite on the other hand seems to introduce crazy ghosting that I can't seem to get rid of. Everything else that I play I use gsync and its as you would expect...smooth like butter

XPE

XPE

Soldato
£500 from ocuk :eek: might be time to jump on board, anyone had any experience with it recently.

Also whats OCUK returns policy like I know there has been problems across the board with the ISP 144Hz monitors?

Soldato
I want to as well. But £500 is still way to much to play the monitor lottery. It's crazy that they expect us to pay that much money and live with minor defects like dead pixels :/

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Will give this a miss, the monitor lottery is really putting me off i know you cant expect 100% reliability but the rate is still too high after looking at reviews and dates posted :(

Associate
The later v2 batch which allowed for ULMB @ 120hz seems to be far more reliable. I have such a panel and it's faultless.

I wouldn't mind comparing it against a TN Gsync panel though, just to see if the 1ms-4ms delta is perceivable.

Back
Top Bottom