*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Soldato
We might actually have enough for 2 groups, I don't want to freeze middgen or Turbo out because they've been playing more regularly than me recently.

EDIT - Venom you have the same idea =)

Soldato
I disagree here. Sure, ToM is readily available now and HM has proven out an efficient strategy. So running a bubble team up top with blessings makes for nice quick ogres.

But when NM first came out though, we just had 2 players + 1 float on each ogre, they still go down quickly with that many snipers, regardless of class.

I guess I am so used to running my titan and float in the middle (unless no one else wants to run relic) that I have never really noticed how the other classes handle the ogres.

The group I was with last night knew what they were doing but we did seem to struggle with that third/fourth ogre (from what was being called out it seemed that most of them were making a run for it as soon as they spawned and the usual bungie glitch - this may have been down to a poor connection from one of the players) - plus I don't think there were that many major ToM's/ high impact snipers in play which added to the difficulty.

I think at least 50% of the team were running alts that had only really had enough time put into them to get them raid ready. i.e. 290 - 300 light, hence our only titan didn't have any bubbles.

I guess I feel more comfortable doing a raid where we have a more balanced line-up rather than having the team dominated by one class.

I get the feeling that a lot of people in the destiny community use the hunter as their main.

I have been involved in a number of "kindergarden" raids via the100.io which primarily helped me understand what was going on after completing the raid with Jay and co. Now that I have completed the raid a dozen or so times and if I am acting as "sherpa" for the group I like to drip feed the hard mode strategies into normal mode (although lets be fair other than oryx the strategies are the same for both normal and hard mode - daughters seems to be more down to if you do it in 2/3 attempts, 3 purely to give those less comfortable with jumping time and takes the pressure off and also giving that fourth attempt if needed).

Disclaimer: I don't profess to be a "raid expert" but I feel confident enough to take a less experienced group through from start to finish at least on normal mode.

So when they have ran the normal mode a few times there isn't too much of a shock when it comes to doing the HM so having those weapons and blessing bubbles in the middle gets them used to timings and the general mechanics (I prefer doing the knights rather than no knights strategy when it comes to HM. - again personal preference here purely down to the groups I have played HM with use that strategy.) Although I have only 1 HM completion to my name (as oryx always seems to get us right at the end or not enough damage is done to the shade) at the minute a team of 312+ is probably required to make things "comfortable" (this week was the first week I faced oryx and didn't see orange numbers I had been stuck at 309 for so long), those wp drops helped a lot to finally crack that 310 barrier.

I think the raid becomes easier if you are playing with the same group of people week in week out which seems like the PS4 guys do on here, then I agree maybe not having those two titans is fine as everyone in the group will generally do the same thing. i.e. gaze holder, relic runner, (maybe even a dedicated aura runner for wp), but given that I play most of my raids now via the100 I very rarely play with the same line up every week so have to get used to peoples way of playing as they do my way of playing which can make for some interesting games and at times means games are probably longer than they probably should be, especially if there are "less experienced players" in the raid and remember we were all that player at some point.

Soldato
So suspicion that tomorrow we will have Golgoroth challenge mode. The hint from the announcement blog is that it'll be a multi-orb strategy required to complete the challenge (ie kill him with a [single] gaze rotation?). Whether it's single or limited gazes, we'll see...

Our group is comfortable and experienced at the single orb strat but haven't really done multi that much (might have given it one or two goes in the past) so any useful hints/ tips/ strategy videos we should know in advance?

I know that the Sleeper can take an orb down in one shot, which is particularly useful for controlling the pool availability and the debuff.

Initial thoughts would be to have two sleeper users (rest spindles) that are in charge of taking the orb down - need 2 in case one of them is busy with the gaze. That way you maximise DPS and flexibility?

Soldato
Pressing news guys, my PVE K/D has dropped too 24, we really need to stop wiping in the raid if I'm ever going too improve my stats :mad:.

Our group is comfortable and experienced at the single orb strat but haven't really done multi that much (might have given it one or two goes in the past) so any useful hints/ tips/ strategy videos we should know in advance?

We used too do this in normally mode and it just takes some practice. What we did was one person would distract oryx at the back on those 2 side diving platforms type things while the team got the orb down, then the first person would take the gaze the other person would work on their orb (We stopped at opposite ends, or front right and back left so it was easy to take the gaze), then switch gaze. After the 2nd we had 1 person focused on ads normally a storm caller/hammerbro and towards the end they normally used their super. I don't think we ever got it down in 1 go thought but most of the time we was under leveled, then when hard mode started we just switched too 2 gaze as it was way easier too execute.

Last edited:
Associate
Cool, added.

8:30 HM Kings Fall avec Challenge - Wednesday 9th

1) TL_Venom
2) PDP3399
3) Zoomee
4) Moebot
5) Drunzer
6) Turbo? / Middgen? (I think is back weds)

Can always set up another raid this week too

Put me done for one of the HM raids , interested to see what happens this week on challenge mode, but looking forward to some nice rewards again :D

On another note does anyone from Sundays HM run still need to finish off Oryx, wasn't around Sunday so not sure if it got done or not?

Associate
So suspicion that tomorrow we will have Golgoroth challenge mode. The hint from the announcement blog is that it'll be a multi-orb strategy required to complete the challenge (ie kill him with a [single] gaze rotation?). Whether it's single or limited gazes, we'll see...

I know that the Sleeper can take an orb down in one shot, which is particularly useful for controlling the pool availability and the debuff.

Initial thoughts would be to have two sleeper users (rest spindles) that are in charge of taking the orb down - need 2 in case one of them is busy with the gaze. That way you maximise DPS and flexibility?

Interested to see how this work out only every done 1-2 bubbles at a time, surely if you end up doing more ammo becomes a bit of an issue. I know I can empty sniper ammo in one aura (if I'm not holding the gaze :p), you can always syn on the second but come the third/fourth aura are you not down to primary ammo only, and would that do enough damage?

Associate
I don't think there were that many major ToM's/ high impact snipers in play which added to the difficulty.

I think at least 50% of the team were running alts that had only really had enough time put into them to get them raid ready. i.e. 290 - 300 light, hence our only titan didn't have any bubbles.

I guess I feel more comfortable doing a raid where we have a more balanced line-up rather than having the team dominated by one class.

I get the feeling that a lot of people in the destiny community use the hunter as their main.

I think the raid becomes easier if you are playing with the same group of people week in week out which seems like the PS4 guys do on here, then I agree maybe not having those two titans is fine as everyone in the group will generally do the same thing. i.e. gaze holder, relic runner, (maybe even a dedicated aura runner for wp), but given that I play most of my raids now via the100 I very rarely play with the same line up every week so have to get used to peoples way of playing as they do my way of playing which can make for some interesting games and at times means games are probably longer than they probably should be, especially if there are "less experienced players" in the raid and remember we were all that player at some point.

I agree with your points, especially considering that you mainly play with PUG's. I guess I was just defending the Hunter class as it's been my main from Day 1.

We used too do this in normally mode and it just takes some practice. What we did was one person would distract oryx at the back on those 2 side diving platforms type things while the team got the orb down, then the first person would take the gaze the other person would work on their orb (We stopped at opposite ends, or front right and back left so it was easy to take the gaze), then switch gaze. After the 2nd we had 1 person focused on ads normally a storm caller/hammerbro and towards the end they normally used their super. I don't think we ever got it down in 1 go thought but most of the time we was under leveled, then when hard mode started we just switched too 2 gaze as it was way easier too execute.

If he has to be downed in 1 gaze its going to be a good challenge I think :) 4 guys in the pit are going to have to go big on DPS. Like you said, add control will be important too. Bubble + floor tethers will be clutch I think....

Pressing news guys, my PVE K/D has dropped too 24, we really need to stop wiping in the raid if I'm ever going too improve my stats :mad:.

I played patrol at the weekend and came up against a Hallowed Ogre (I think he's pretty well known) Anyway, I killed him and my K/D went up to over 40, it was the best feeling ever. You should try harder / spec your class correctly :D

Associate
Put me done for one of the HM raids , interested to see what happens this week on challenge mode, but looking forward to some nice rewards again :D

On another note does anyone from Sundays HM run still need to finish off Oryx, wasn't around Sunday so not sure if it got done or not?

Nice one, added.

8:30 HM Kings Fall avec Challenge - Wednesday 9th

1) TL_Venom
2) PDP3399
3) Zoomee
4) Moebot
5) Drunzer
6) Turbo

I can help out tonight for Oryx if you need?

Soldato
If he has to be downed in 1 gaze its going to be a good challenge I think :) 4 guys in the pit are going to have to go big on DPS. Like you said, add control will be important too. Bubble + floor tethers will be clutch I think....

I would not be against it, be an actual challenge and everyone would have too be on point, and really execute, 1 mistake and its over.

I played patrol at the weekend and came up against a Hallowed Ogre (I think he's pretty well known) Anyway, I killed him and my K/D went up to over 40, it was the best feeling ever. You should try harder / spec your class correctly :D

I just spec for speed, gotta go faster.

Soldato
****ing hell I picked a hell of a weekend to go back to UK for a family get together in the Lake District! Just about made it home. Looks like Tuesday is my raid night, any of the usual guys up for a crack at golgoroth challenge @ 8:30?

Soldato
****ing hell I picked a hell of a weekend to go back to UK for a family get together in the Lake District! Just about made it home. Looks like Tuesday is my raid night, any of the usual guys up for a crack at golgoroth challenge @ 8:30?

I'll be about tomorrow too bud if you wanna do a run during the day or evening like we did last week ;)

Soldato
No working from home for me, back to the one evening raiding a week though. Thought I might not be free til Wednesday but turns out Tuesday works out best.

Middgen
Zoomee
Venom?
Turbo?
Moe?
Drunzer ?
Corey?
Astaley?

Associate
No working from home for me, back to the one evening raiding a week though. Thought I might not be free til Wednesday but turns out Tuesday works out best.

Middgen
Zoomee
Venom?
Turbo?
Moe?
Drunzer ?
Corey?
Astaley?

Up for a run on Tuesday evening, that's if every one us not to busy sparrow racing :p

Back
Top Bottom