HGV Sideswipes car on the M1, caught on camera..

Soldato
I do believe the HGV was buffeted by a sudden gust of wind which moved it off course. That's what I'd be saying anyway if I'd been driving. :D

Soldato
No need for sarcasm.

Poor phrasing maybe, but petitions that dont even get 1,500 votes arent really anything at all. It's just an expression of critical mass. Change.org use it as the first benchmark, that's all.

I think you missed the point of the sarcasm.

You could get 1 million clicks/votes and it would mean nothing. The Police are not going to charge because a load of people want them to.

Soldato
You'll note I wasnt encouraging anyone to sign it - merely posting a link after a request for one. I havent actually signed it myself, as I dont think it will go anywhere either.

The only thing it may do is increase the negative publicity about this guy, and reduce the amount of money he may make from his 'stunts'.

Soldato
You'll note I wasnt encouraging anyone to sign it - merely posting a link after a request for one. I havent actually signed it myself, as I dont think it will go anywhere either.

The only thing it may do is increase the negative publicity about this guy, and reduce the amount of money he may make from his 'stunts'.

But you've nothing to lose by signing it have you?
Andi.

Soldato
Whole lots of bohoo.

Again, just to clarify, the HGV driver is a total tool, but it doesn't change the fact that Matt could have :

- Kept to the left in the first place, the ''rear view'' camera from the beginning of the incident shows this perfectly, he could have moved left easily
- Accelerated out of the 50 mph zone like normal people do, or when he saw the HGV crawling up his ass.
- Outaccelerated the HGV once it was overtaking him
- Moved left when the HGV was overtaking him.
- Moved to the left the moment he was being rammed.
- Braked the moment the HVG made intention to ram him, he could have easily out-braked him

He had no business in that lane at that speed at that time. And after that he made no attempt whatsoever to prevent a collision with an aggressive HGV driver.

Therefore, they are both tools.

Last edited:
Soldato
So now he's blaming the BBC for falsifying his video???

Anyway, his first "clarification" showed him to be telling porkie pies -

It’s dark, no lighting, you have been doing 49mph for 20+ miles due to being in a 50mph speed controlled area.

You are preparing to leave the motorway to go home. A flash of light distracts you from behind, you look into your rear view mirror...it dazzles you

So what are you doing in the middle lane next to an empty left lane if you were "preparing to leave the Motorway" then?

And as for his whiplash story

that the reason for my being taken to A&E was mainly due to a suspected pulmonary embolism, not whiplash injuries as reported

Now the the main symptoms of a pulmonary embolism include:

Chest Pain – a sharp, stabbing pain that may be worse when you breathe in
Shortness of Breath – which can come on suddenly or develop gradually
Coughing – this is usually dry, but may include coughing up blood or mucus that contains blood
Feeling faint, dizzy or passing out

So he was following the HGV driver to his Depot whilst feeling these symptoms?

Soldato
So this raised the temperature of my urine to boiling point of 100C.

I hope the internet justice is swift and Police prosecute him for dangerous driving. Man is self promoting his business by deliberately creating unnecessary and dangerous situations to film.

EDIT: Throw in a little fraud in there for false compensation claims.

Soldato
Just one of the 29 companies he's been a director for, 26 of which have closed (links found on Pistonheads) - Clicky - and one under a slightly different spelling of his name which was only open for a few weeks before dissolving - Clicky

The PH thread has gone all OcUK detective on him which is, frankly, a bit awesome. He's put lots of info on his personal site & work site which has been proven to be porky pies including some belters like County Skeet Shooting Champion (actually came 9th) or helping a struggling company turn into multi-million pound one (actual company annual turn over <£100k) etc.

I genuinely wonder what planet he's on with such a wildly claimed life history which is just utter rubbish :D

BBC refers to him as the OvenPride millionaire. :)

Soldato
Mr Stockdale, who runs a dashcam company, followed the lorry to a depot in Dunstable where an ambulance took him to hospital with neck and shoulder pain

neck and shoulder pain???? How on earth did he managed to get that???

Edit:

Oh...

that the reason for my being taken to A&E was mainly due to a suspected pulmonary embolism, not whiplash injuries as reported;

lol, no

Last edited:
Soldato
I think you missed the point of the sarcasm.

You could get 1 million clicks/votes and it would mean nothing. The Police are not going to charge because a load of people want them to.

If memory serves from watching The Bill, 'public interest' is one of the criteria for prosecuting, isn't it?

Kinda implies the weighting could be changed for this particular metric, on a borderline case?

Some blurb if you're bored:

https://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/docs/code_2013_accessible_english.pdf

Of particular note:

f) Is prosecution a proportionate response?
Prosecutors should also consider whether prosecution is proportionate to the
likely outcome, and in so doing the following may be relevant to the case
under consideration:

Plebbing about on the motorway is pretty serious I'd say. Taking either party to court is gonna cost the public moola. Anyone know how much? I'm gonna suggest it's not worth even a quid of public money to pursue, considering everyone on the planet now knows the score.

I think if both admitted succumbing to tiredness and acting irrationally, both could be sent on an anger management~ course (although I would absolve the HGV driver of all wrong doing, personally) to 'help' them, that might represent a win in the public interest? :)

Caporegime
OP
If memory serves from watching The Bill, 'public interest' is one of the criteria for prosecuting, isn't it?

Kinda implies the weighting could be changed for this particular metric, on a borderline case?

Some blurb if you're bored:

https://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/docs/code_2013_accessible_english.pdf

Of particular note:

Plebbing about on the motorway is pretty serious I'd say. Taking either party to court is gonna cost the public moola. Anyone know how much? I'm gonna suggest it's not worth even a quid of public money to pursue, considering everyone on the planet now knows the score.

I think if both admitted succumbing to tiredness and acting irrationally, both could be sent on an anger management~ course (although I would absolve the HGV driver of all wrong doing, personally) to 'help' them, that might represent a win in the public interest? :)

Whilst I'm all for the car driving business generator having the book thrown at him the actions of the articulated truck driver if anything more so!

Regardless of the undoubted provocation, you never use such a vehicle as a weapon believe me.
How he didn't punt the car off the carriageway or under the trucks wheels I don't know.

He did something any sane driver wouldn't do.

As for your initial point, is anybody who's qualified other than by scripts from "The Bill" able to enlighten us further?

I find it curious that thus far nothing about the hgv driver seems to be in the media......

Back
Top Bottom