***** PlayStation Vita Official Thread *****

Soldato
played on my console for a few hours last night. bought Rayman for PSone for 80p on PSN. Still love that game :). Gave some time to Ridge Racer PSP too. much better than the Vita one

hoping to get a PS4 with my new phone contract in December so will be remote play for me too. looking forward to driveclub in bed :D

Soldato
played on my console for a few hours last night. bought Rayman for PSone for 80p on PSN. Still love that game :). Gave some time to Ridge Racer PSP too. much better than the Vita one

hoping to get a PS4 with my new phone contract in December so will be remote play for me too. looking forward to driveclub in bed :D

I suspect the lack of second shoulder buttons will quickly dissuade you from using the vita for remote play :( a PSTV is a better option in a second room tbh.

Soldato
I think rremote play on the vita is really impressive. I have only tried it out with a few games so far, but the ability to play something like ass creed syndicate say excellent.

Associate
manage to get the ps tv? how is it?

I've had one since they came out. It's a good little device and as it has an ethernet port it makes remote play a lot better. It is still limited to 720p which is a bummer but it's a great device for hopping between rooms and carrying on with what you're playing.

And you get to play with a DS4 for Vita and remote play games, a big positive.

Associate
I've had one since they came out. It's a good little device and as it has an ethernet port it makes remote play a lot better. It is still limited to 720p which is a bummer but it's a great device for hopping between rooms and carrying on with what you're playing.

And you get to play with a DS4 for Vita and remote play games, a big positive.

Dam that's nice. Haven't really looked into it much. Used to do remote play before with ps4. What game you guys currently playing?

Associate
I've also got a PSTV and it's a great little console, especially for the price. Even though there are quite a lot of PS Vita games that aren't compatible with it, they're mostly touchscreen games.

Remote play works well with it, even with a slow internet connection.

Soldato
I thought i'd try out Remote Play on my vita and it connected up after a little faff over the router. Even though my gf is watching "hd" netflix, it is still playing very, very smoothly (i've set the framerate thing to 'high'), on the Pro Evo demo and this is on a crappy 20mbps connection (well, I download at 2mbps anyway).

Is there a way I can turn on the PS4 using remote play over my home network?

Associate
I thought i'd try out Remote Play on my vita and it connected up after a little faff over the router. Even though my gf is watching "hd" netflix, it is still playing very, very smoothly (i've set the framerate thing to 'high'), on the Pro Evo demo and this is on a crappy 20mbps connection (well, I download at 2mbps anyway).

Is there a way I can turn on the PS4 using remote play over my home network?

as long as your ps4 is in standby mode or whatever, and your ps4 is primary then yeah you can connect to it via your vita and it will wake up.

Soldato
You can do this while away from home too. I sometimes put the PS4 in rest mode and connect from my gfs. Works alright but would only play offline with it.

You guys have to download Freedom Wars! It's currently free this month on PS Plus and I'm super addicted to this game now. If anyone downloads the game, add me on PSN (Spacedeck). Probably been the best PS+ game I have seen given away for a long time.

Associate
Bought a Vita recently mainly for the PS4 Remote play functionality but I have found myself playing.

Super Meat Boy
Steam World Dig
and Tetris

I seem to have accumulated loads of games over the years with PS+ so should keep me going for a while.

I might even get round to using the remote play at some point!

Soldato
Anyone picked anything up in the January sale for the Vita?

I'm heading away for work later this week, so wanted something kill some time.
Was between Ys: Memories of Celceta and Ragnarok Odyssey ACE, but went for the latter after reading around.
Only been on it for an hour, but it seems like it'll be a decent time sink. I could have just stuck with Freedom Wars, but wanting to play that on the PS TV initially.

Back
Top Bottom