Devel sixteen- Veyron slayer?

Soldato
"Don't believe in using other car's engines..."

Although the front is basically a **** version of the Lamborghini Veneno and the rear is a **** Pagani Zonda R. That power curve is laughable too. Supercars now work - most of the time, unless its from Lambo - in the real world and have good to excellent build quality. This to me sounds like it could be a big budget turbotoaster-esque build of more power than it can handle, probably little reliability and no quality in the build.

Soldato
Sounds like an expensive project that rams as much BHP into an engine as possible, even if they manage to make it work with this much power I'd be concerned about the rest of the car. That and using the gearbox.

Soldato
So 4500hp 12L V16 works out as either 2x 6L V8's making 2250hp each or 4x 3L V4's each producing 1125hp :eek:

I don't know any 4 cylinder 3L cars running over 1000hp (or 6L V8's running 2250hp) that don't required rebuilding every 1K-5K miles, i.e Drag engines, so this builder must have some serious engineering going on to stop that bad boy from exploding on a run down to the shops :D

Soldato
Seems stupid to me. Surely Ferrari or McLaren, with the knowledge they have, could easily build something that went 500mph in a straight line. Not really all that important though, is it?

Soldato
Seems stupid to me. Surely Ferrari or McLaren, with the knowledge they have, could easily build something that went 500mph in a straight line. Not really all that important though, is it?

The wheel driven land speed record is 470mph and that is using a gas turbine engine.

Caporegime
So 4500hp 12L V16 works out as either 2x 6L V8's making 2250hp each or 4x 3L V4's each producing 1125hp :eek:

I don't know any 4 cylinder 3L cars running over 1000hp (or 6L V8's running 2250hp) that don't required rebuilding every 1K-5K miles, i.e Drag engines, so this builder must have some serious engineering going on to stop that bad boy from exploding on a run down to the shops :D

Drag engines will live a lot longer than that if they are being driven like a street car (tens of thousends of miles I imagine), and a lot shorter than that (probably talking 50 miles) if they are constantly used for quarter mile passes.

Soldato
The company that's built the engine...builds dragster engines. This is basically a dragster engine, and I agree with ianh, I can't see this lasting very long or being especially reliable. It's some mental rich oil baron's wet dream brought into reality, that's all.

Caporegime
This sort of power has been attainable for a long time, I can't see how it will be reliable enough for a production car to last thousands of miles, rather than a few launches down the 1/4 mile.

Soldato

I'll raise you to 2 litres! These don't usually last a great deal longer between rebuilds, or do it without 100 fuel, but then again, what did the V16 do it on? Although that example is probably a box of pieces now.

Soldato
Where do you put the radiators??

The Veyron has radiators stuffed into every available location.

A 4000 HP car will need radiators capable of dissipating around 3-4Mw!

Back
Top Bottom