*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Associate
Yeah definitely going to be different runners. Can't really think of any other requirements they could add. Shouldn't be too bad as you only need 4 runners so two people get to avoid it :)

Hopefully they'll require 4 dead knights per round and kill off that stupid no knight strategy!

Not going to happen,as challenge mode is both NM & HM, it wont effect the knights. But with everyone's light level getting higher there is no need to do the no-knight strat :p

Soldato
Ah yeah true...I guess it's just gonna be different runners. Unless they up the ante a bit and make everyone run the relic which will mean deliberately skipping bombs and doing six rounds of 3 detonations.

Soldato
I think they need a challengererer mode where its basically super hard too do and instead of items they give you some cosmetic stuff. Like an awesome shader for doing the super hard more and better looking version of weapons and so on.

Soldato
Does level matter at all for raiding? Can't run HM yet, and want to run KF more than once a week, so I was wondering about gearing up a second Titan to let me run twice. Just wondering if I need to spend hours grinding to 40 or if I can just create a character and shift the gear over...

EDIT: Ah, so it does. Ah well.

Who's up for a KF NM Raid this Friday? Say 8pm?

1. Makhaira_

Last edited:
Soldato
Does level matter at all for raiding? Can't run HM yet, and want to run KF more than once a week, so I was wondering about gearing up a second Titan to let me run twice. Just wondering if I need to spend hours grinding to 40 or if I can just create a character and shift the gear over...

If you are planning to set up a second character of the same type just get them to level 40 (if you have a spark of light instant level 25 otherwise it will be a bit of a grind approx. 16 - 20 hours I think it took me solo from 0 - 40. If you get a higher level player to help you with hard mode story missions you get the bonus xp while they kill everything which should help reduce that grind time) and then swap gear between characters. Level does matter in terms of being able to equip most of the better gear at level 40 but it is more light level that affects your raiding potential.

I think the levels are 290/310 for KF. Even sub 310 (say 305 - 309) on hard mode you can pretty much get up to Oryx if you have a strong enough team around you (say 311 - 315's). At sub 311 you will see orange bar ads on oryx which can be a bit challenging.

R0gue - Yeah finally managed it a couple of runs after you left. Having a couple of guys with spindles at 320 always helps :D.

Caporegime
As for oryx on HM?? Yeh anything less than 310 u will struggle, I'm a 312 hunter and I struggle with the Oryx fight but that's probably due to the fact that the last few teams I've been in haven't managed to do it. Sadly something always goes wrong and we have to wipe, after about 10 wipes you kinda get tired of it.

In fact I'm so damn fed up of oryx that I'll run a HM up to oryx and call it a day lol. Doesn't help when u post for a game on 100 and say u need to be 310+ for the fight and you get some fool who joins at 306 and doesn't understand the knight strat or no knight strat. And I hate booting people off, got a guilty conscience lol.

Soldato

EDIT: Ah, so it does. Ah well.

Who's up for a KF NM Raid this Friday? Say 8pm?

1. Makhaira_
2. TehBluebear

Didn't know you were from this area! East or West?

It's been yonks since I raided, and I do want to give HM a go at some point, just need to get my light up. Need the bloody Kingslayer shell!

Soldato
As for oryx on HM?? Yeh anything less than 310 u will struggle, I'm a 312 hunter and I struggle with the Oryx fight but that's probably due to the fact that the last few teams I've been in haven't managed to do it. Sadly something always goes wrong and we have to wipe, after about 10 wipes you kinda get tired of it.

In fact I'm so damn fed up of oryx that I'll run a HM up to oryx and call it a day lol. Doesn't help when u post for a game on 100 and say u need to be 310+ for the fight and you get some fool who joins at 306 and doesn't understand the knight strat or no knight strat. And I hate booting people off, got a guilty conscience lol.

Knight Watcher strat, 315+ light....Oryx is a pussycat now :) Pretty much eliminated mechanical risk...only problem is usually the occasional brain-fade moment (usually me because I'm an hour ahead and falling asleep, running to the wrong bomb like a spaz :D)

Makes a big difference having a regular group though.

Soldato
Knight Watcher strat, 315+ light....Oryx is a pussycat now :) Pretty much eliminated mechanical risk...only problem is usually the occasional brain-fade moment (usually me because I'm an hour ahead and falling asleep, running to the wrong bomb like a spaz :D)

Yeah we just rip through Oryx now, normally we have 1/2 messes up at the start then just smooth running.

Caporegime

Yep that's the thing, I've been with 4-5 groups and a few of them have done it but it's the others that screw it up for the rest of us. I understand the whole mechs of no knight and knight strat's. Just wish everyone else in the fireteam would understand it to.

Like I said I'll keep trying but I'm not going to go out of my way to get him down. Knowing my luck I'll get sweet FA :p

Soldato
Knight watcher strategy ftw....makes things so much simpler. Everybody has one, simple job and just concentrates on doing their one job each cycle.

Plate guys never get hit by adds or Oryx (well, maybe a bit if you're Turbo, Oryx likes him).
Ogres die where they spawn.
All adds are dead before detonating bombs.
Knight and ogre dudes are safe on their platform with a bubble.

There's very little scope for deaths....main cause of wipes is usually the shade slam. We can usually kill it before the slam now though :)

Associate
Knight watcher strategy ftw....makes things so much simpler. Everybody has one, simple job and just concentrates on doing their one job each cycle.

Agreed, everything obviously gets easier with the repetition / level increase too. When I first started doing the knights it was a little sketchy, but now I'm consistent and we have the timing etc down, so my main problem is having enough special ammo :D

Soldato
How'd you guys get on with the raid last night? I just had a half hour or so to do some sparrow races.

Looks like I'm gonna be free this evening, and I still have the Golgoroth CP on my hunter if anyone wants to knock out the challenge again....

Back
Top Bottom