ISIL, ISIS, Daesh discussion thread.

Soldato
OP
It's hardly point scoring, its showing you that you have completely misinterpreted what I am saying and that I have no bias. You can try and shrug me proving you off as point scoring but lets face reality here, you were wrong, why don't you just man up and admit that instead of doubling down on something that you have just been proven wrong about, its the more grown up thing to do.

Twaddle. It's clear what your intentions are with your outrageous posts about the coalition allegedly killing thousands of innocents. I'm not into posting rubbish and claiming to know something I actually know what I'm talking about. Now I'm challenging you on this you are simply back peddling.

Either post something founded and true or just don't post at all.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
Fact of the matter is bombs are killing civilians and combatants. Russia or America don't matter who dropped then.

The former will just multiply the latter. Ten years we ain't learnt ****.

Soldato
OP
Fact of the matter is bombs are killing civilians and combatants. Russia or America don't matter who dropped then.

Seeing as we don't seem to be citing any information that Russia are doing anything untoward then it would seem just to ignore the US effort as well and discuss our countries efforts alone then, which seems to be what most people in this thread are doing anyway. So therefore I ask anyone, provide me the information that the UK are killing thousands of civilians.

Caporegime

What are the Islamic State doing if not killing civilians? Why does IS killing civilians not draw the same reaction as America or Russia killing them?

Soldato
Twaddle. It's clear what your intentions are with your outrageous posts about the coalition allegedly killing thousands of innocents. I'm not into posting rubbish and claiming to know something I actually know what I'm talking about. Now I'm challenging you on this you are simply back peddling.

Either post something founded and true or just don't post at all.

Both my posts contained sources backing up figures... Or did you fail to read them correctly as well? Just admit you were wrong its OK, you lost this one because you didn't actually read the links and jumped to a rather silly assumption. I'm not back pedalling in the slightest, only one of us has been proven to be posting rubbish and that's you, you can call me biased and that I have "intentions" but I'm posting facts, a stark comparison to the posts you have made that have been shown to be in accurate.

Soldato
What are the Islamic State doing if not killing civilians? Why does IS killing civilians not draw the same reaction as America or Russia killing them?

Because, as world powers, the US and Russia should be held to higher standards. Anybody with a half a brain can see that bombing hasn't done anything over the past 10+ years apart from creating more hatred. But maybe that's the idea.

Soldato

Err..It does or have you not noticed the coordinated condemnation of ISIS, hence the combined military action against them?

It's why they are called a brutal, backwards and medieval regime....

Soldato
The problem of Islamist Extremism is it needs to be tackled in something more than a military exercise. The beating heart of radical Islamists, ISIS, will not simply be stamped out by military action alone. It needs to be tackled from the outside in. Look at this image.

5FbuTXN.jpg

Here we have at the centre the problem. But military action alone will not eradicate ISIS it will only disperse them and in time, they will re-emerge and regroup, possibly under some other guise. I believe we need to prop up and support the outer two circles which are more aligned and receptive to Western ideology and those outer circles can work on the inner circles in order to facilitate a more moderate reformation of Islam. I believe we need to work with moderate Muslims in order to soften conservative Muslims and so on and so forth. Slowly working toward the cancerous pernicious centre that is ISIS. Moderating and reforming Islam will be a generational struggle. Painful step by painful step, with the ultimate aim to educate and reform the core fundamentalism that permits ISIS to exist. Military action will only contain them, to defeat them, we need to change minds and show that Islam can be a religion of peace if it's tenants are not used to propagate jihadi inspired caliphates whose only aim is to kill or convert all infidels until the world is one nation and one tribe.

We need to promote Western values of pluralistic governance where there once was theocratic intolerance. Reformation in con-junction with a strategy of containment, through military action and financial directives designed to render ISIS bankrupt. This multi pronged approach seems to me our path to defeating them.

But it begins from the outside in and it will take time. Generations. The Christian reformation taught us that this achievable.

My 2 cents. Mostly paraphrased from Sam Harris.

Last edited:
Associate
I'd didn't, ISIS represents Islam as much as the US represents peace and democracy.....

Well ISIS are very much Islamic, they are ruled by an Islamic Cleric, who has a PhD in Islamic Studies, from an Islamic University. Their members are all of the Islamic faith who base their entire lives around Islam and run a state under Islamic law. It's probably the purest form of Islam going.

Soldato
Well ISIS are very much Islamic, they are ruled by an Islamic Cleric, who has a PhD in Islamic Studies, from an Islamic University. Their members are all of the Islamic faith who base their entire lives around Islam and run a state under Islamic law. It's probably the purest form of Islam going.

Yes. Just like Osama Bin Laden did with Al Qaeda, they represent a full literal interpretation of the faith. Verse by violent verse.

Soldato

What is the purest form of Christianity?

Back
Top Bottom