• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Xmas come early

Associate
About a month ago I was browsing a certain website, and spotted an i7-6700 advertised in the market place @ £209.00 but sold by the main website's market place account.

Bit dodgey, advert appeared to contradict itself, as specs detailed "i5" and "65w". However the title and the picture clearly displayed an i7-6700.

Thought I'd take a punt, half-expecting them to cancel the order or for me to get ripped off. As it was getting close to Christmas I was going to cancel the order today, but I forgot about it, and got a message on my phone while I was at work saying I had a delivery. Checked online and low-and-behold, order fulfilled. They've since bumped the price back up to £352.46 but I only got charged the original £209.

Got home, and looks legit, only weird thing is it came with an Intel HSF and I thought the skylakes didnt? But I've looked up the FPO on Intel's website and the warranty status checks out so looks like I've scored!

Any recommendations on an ITX board? M.2 SSD capability would be good. As would wifi and bluetooth and USB 3.1 (type c not necessary)?

Soldato
About a month ago I was browsing a certain website, and spotted an i7-6700 advertised in the market place @ £209.00 but sold by the main website's market place account.

Bit dodgey, advert appeared to contradict itself, as specs detailed "i5" and "65w". However the title and the picture clearly displayed an i7-6700.

Thought I'd take a punt, half-expecting them to cancel the order or for me to get ripped off. As it was getting close to Christmas I was going to cancel the order today, but I forgot about it, and got a message on my phone while I was at work saying I had a delivery. Checked online and low-and-behold, order fulfilled. They've since bumped the price back up to £352.46 but I only got charged the original £209.

Got home, and looks legit, only weird thing is it came with an Intel HSF and I thought the skylakes didnt? But I've looked up the FPO on Intel's website and the warranty status checks out so looks like I've scored!

Any recommendations on an ITX board? M.2 SSD capability would be good. As would wifi and bluetooth and USB 3.1 (type c not necessary)?

Only the faster 'K' Skylake's (6600k, 6700k) come without a heatsink/fan.

The locked ones still have a hsf included.

You still got a bargain though, 6700's go for £250-260 at most retailers.

Associate
OP
Appreciate the input guys. I went for the Asus Z170i Pro Gaming.

Seemed cheap, very middle of the road and ticked all the boxes with regards usb 3.1, ac wifi, bluetooth, m.2 2280 and other form factors.

Sticking a set of Corsair 16GB 3200MHz into it. Job done.

Associate
+1 more in favour of the Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT, Mini ITX.

thats what I am also waiting on through the post just now, that was after a lot of messing about reading loads of stuff on boards though, I was like you and ready to buy the 6700 cpu too but in the end went for the 6700K just because I would prefer it to be unlocked for giving it a tweak if I feel like it, but you have your 6700 now, so not much you can do about that unless you just sell it I guess.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well it all arrived. CPU is good, it dynamically clocks from 3.4 up to 4GHz as you load it up. Seems the only thing which is locked in this version is the BCLK which is fixed at 100MHz, with the 40x multiplier = 4GHz max frequency.

Board seems good, no problems so far.

Back
Top Bottom