What film did you watch last night?

Caporegime
^^^^I agree! :D

She not getting past 2 that's for sure. ;)

I watched the Martian last night also, its a hard one like Ex machina.

I like it but the is something about it I don't like.:(

I dunno, films are not so good these days. :mad:

The Martian is GREAT ! It captures the essence of the book perfectly in the humour to the characters.

Ex Machina is good too, good idea, good performances and good ending. Visually stunning and brings up lots of questions about the danger of AI.

Plenty of great films these days...I don't understand when people claim "They don't make them like they used to"....it's probably because the only old films they watch from the 50's and 90's are cream of the crop and not every movie. They would watch the Godfather and forget there is such a movie like Blacula (A Black Dracula....)!

Caporegime
You people saying 9 is too young to watch Alien no its not, if you educate your child to know its just a movie. ;)

I remember watching The Fog and Saturn 3 - a film where a psychotic robot murders his human mentor, then wears his head on a spike - as a child, with my dad in a caravan.

And I turned out... oh, wait.

Soldato
Robocop when you're 10, the early scene where he is executed. Now that's heavy for a kid. Yeah I had pretty much unregulated TV viewing too.

Donnie Brasco last night. Forgot the movie since I watched it years ago. It's a classic mafia movie and I like how we get taught to be a wise guy, like keeping your money in rolls and not in your wallet :D I like the dialogue between Depp and Al Pacino.

7/10

Soldato
I find the Robocop execution scene harder to watch as an adult with appreciation for life than I did as a kid. As a child I was almost laughing because it seemed absurd. As an adult it horrifies me as we're hearing about things equal or worse commonly in the news.

Soldato
Ronaldo (2015) - Documentary 5/10

Ok I am a United fan, and obviously with this comes a certain fanboy appreciation of Ronaldo.

a lot of the comments made about the documentary from various reviews indicated that the documentary achieved nothing in the way of positive towards his public perception.

I differ in this opinion.

In short though, if you do not appreciate football and have zero affinity towards Ronaldo, avoid this.

For me, it was ok....

Soldato
Ridiculous 6 (Netflix Exclusives)

It's ridiculous, that's for sure and I want to give it a 6/10 but I just can't. There are some laughs, mostly because Taylor Lautner is genuinely funny in it and there's Terry Crew - who automatically makes any stuff I watch a little better, even then, it didn't lift this any further than 4/10 unfortunately.

Caporegime
Rendition. Egypt: land of a thousand stories! Land of history, culture, societal dysfunction, misogyny, and poor hygiene. Tonight this primitive nation hosts a complex narrative of love, revenge, and betrayal.

Some Egyptian guy flies to the USA, where he is arrested on suspicion of supporting terrorism. He pleads his innocence but is whisked away to Cairo, where he suffers excruciating tortures at the hands of dirty Arabs while an American agent looks on. His anguished pleas for mercy ('Get your stinkin' paws off me, you damned dirty Arab!') are ignored.

As the torture intensifies, the tension mounts: will the terror suspect finally crack and reveal all he knows? Thousands of lives could be hanging in the balance! :eek: :confused:

It turns out that he's genuinely innocent, which just goes to show how cunning these Egyptians can be.

7.5/10.

Associate
Had a bit of a film fest yesterday....

Trainwreck. 5/10

What can i say...it was a train wreck, and i found it to be barely funny throughout, but bree larson was in it, and shes hot.

The Martian. 9/10

Easily the best film i have watched this year, it would have had a 10 from me but the final 45 minutes felt a bit rushed.
It was funny, emotional and interesting and i felt that it was time well worth spending.

Sleeping with other people. 6.5/10

Was a decent enough watch, the 2 lead characters seemed to work together, but it felt like a bit of a carrier for Alison Brie to be honest.

Associate
Spectre.

I dunno...it felt incredibly baggy.

I really didn't see the point in the Dave Bautista character at all. He's literally there to make a few action scenes happen. He's not important to the story at all, and it meant that the real villain only has like 2 major scenes in a the whole film, making him seem almost like an afterthought. This is the man who orchestrated the events of the last 3 films, so his lack of presence throughout the movie just made his scariness (for want of a better term) and supposed power seem like nothing.

Wasn't exactly bad, but could have been a lot better. 7/10

Caporegime
Spectre.

I dunno...it felt incredibly baggy.

I really didn't see the point in the Dave Bautista character at all. He's literally there to make a few action scenes happen. He's not important to the story at all, and it meant that the real villain only has like 2 major scenes in a the whole film, making him seem almost like an afterthought. This is the man who orchestrated the events of the last 3 films, so his lack of presence throughout the movie just made his scariness (for want of a better term) and supposed power seem like nothing.

Wasn't exactly bad, but could have been a lot better. 7/10

Agreed.

Soldato
Hellraiser (1987) 8/10

Its been years since I have watched this movie and aside from a few dodgy vfx scenes it holds up damn well.

I have always considered this to be a very gritty and grubby horror film. I enjoyed it.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
It follows

3/10

I felt asleep on it... another low budget horror movie with a terrible storyline. Not sure what they were trying ot achieve, comedy or horror?

Caporegime
Bølgen. Recent activity by the Muslims has weakened a fault line in the mountain pass of Åkneset, which casts its menacing shadow across the Geiranger fjord, a local hjørnebord, a newly constructed søkeord, and other things ending in '-ord.' 30 minutes later, an 85 metre tidal wave strikes the nearby village.

Will the plucky Norwegian family introduced in the first scene survive this catastrophe and still get home in time for a bowl of vindbord, or will they be squashed flatter than a båtbord as the mountain of water roars into town? :eek: :confused:

The plot is entirely predictable, unless you're a complete spørreord.

Roar Uthaug has his critics, but this time they must give him credit.

7/10.

Soldato
Big Hero 6 on Sunday afternoon. Really good. My 6 year was in hysterics when they were trying to escape from the warehouse, same as the first time I watched it with her.

Saw it at the cinema when it came out and really enjoyed it. I can't explain why but was crying with laughter when he is taping the holes up in the police station :D

Soldato
Not last night, but we watched Taken 3 (Tak3n?) on Friday night and The Man From U.N.C.L.E on Saturday.

Taken 3 - after the abomination of the 2nd ("i can pin point where you are from the grenades!") this was a bit of a return to form for the franchise. We watched the 'Extended' version on Sky and it surprised me with the 15 rating, a few F bombs and a bit of gratuitous violence thrown in for good measure. A few far-fetched scenes but Liam Neeson kicking ass and taking names isn't all bad - 6/10

The Man From U.N.C.L.E - saw the trailer a long while ago and finally got around to watching it. Classic spy caper, definitely taking a few pages out of a Bond novel. Hammer and Cavill work well together and provide most of the comic relief without being too cheesy. Helps that the two female characters are.....tasty :D Enjoyed it - solid 7/10.

Soldato
In the Heart of the Sea, 6/10, would have been 7/10 had it not been for the truly terrible 3d.

Blurry and fuzzy, no depth as it all goes out of focus, fast action scenes are just a messy blur. I really do think this should be the nail for 3d now. Decent enough film but nothing too special, will just book for star wars (2d) on Friday.

On the plus side, free sweets at the Cineworld secret cinema!

Back
Top Bottom