Cat C Bike

Caporegime
OP
think I might try gripfill first rossi,i looked at the plastic and its too thin

I have a spare tube of it

@Tefal I thinkso if not ill take one,its been on well over fifteen years

5jv38y.jpg

here,idk what brand it was but it came with the cover,it was black silicone adhesive type stuff

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Looking at it again, I might rough up the surface on the fenda extenda where it contacts and use some epoxy or grip fill. Then use some G clamps over a weekend.

yeah im gonna try that,then give it a good wiggle when its set see how tough it is

best thing is that gripfill is waterproof

EDIT: downloaded the pdf on gripfill

. Does Evo-Stik Gripfill bond to plastics? Evo-Stik Gripfill bonds to hard PVC, polycarbonates, fibreglass, ABS, and Perspex (methacrylates). As Evo-Stik Gripfill contains solvent, it is advisable to check that the solvents do not affect the plastic in anyway prior to bonding. It does not bond to some plastics like polyethylene, polypropylene and Teflon.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine's still going good with a few bits of the red tape sticky that came with it. Just thoroughly cleaned the surface before.

It's still on. For now :p

Seems pretty solid. I've cleaned/buffed it up loads and not had a problem at all.

Caporegime
think I might try gripfill first rossi,i looked at the plastic and its too thin

I have a spare tube of it

@tefal I thinkso if not ill take one,its been on well over fifteen years

http://i67.tinypic.com/5jv38y.jpg[/IM G]

here,idk what brand it was but it came with the cover,it was black silicone adhesive type stuff[/QUOTE]

Ah that a kevlar/carbon composite one with the yellow bits?

I'm thinking g of getting a set on the new bike when I get it given that's what was the write off damage on this one.

I don't think it would have taken much to save it

Man of Honour
Cheers for the offer mate, I've got some of the no more nails sticky pads and those tiny self tappers I posted the other week so I think I should be able to get it pretty well attached :D

Caporegime
OP
116tdhe.jpg

well impressed with that sealer/adhesive,it was so strong I could bend and twist the fender so much it was twisting my mudguard with it,dont think ill ever get it off though unless I warm it up with a hairdryer,but its done the job

Back
Top Bottom