[Einstein@home] News Q4 2015

Associate
Nice work team :eek: and I appreciate the news derk. Don't stress about having a little short cut or rounding error :) Roll on becoming the UK #1 team.

I've had my own small success as I'm now #1 for the people who joined the project the same day I did :D

Soldato
OP
I've had my own small success as I'm now #1 for the people who joined the project the same day I did :D

Well done, I have a bit (actually a lot) of work to do on that front due to a German nutter :eek:, at least he appears to have retired.

Great news derk !! :)

Thanks and keep up the good work :)

(recent) Record breaking day yet again i see :)

Indeed - 3,711,287, well done all :D

Team moves up 2 to position 52

Crystal Dream - Stomped
Intel Corp - Stomped

Next up - (51) boinc.cz - 9 days

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Couldnt get the Xeons crunching though. Even though I set cpu to on in web preferences.

Also to get two WU running on the GPU I set the web preferences to 0.5 which I think is right. But it didn';t seem to make much difference.

Associate
Couldnt get the Xeons crunching though. Even though I set cpu to on in web preferences.

Also to get two WU running on the GPU I set the web preferences to 0.5 which I think is right. But it didn';t seem to make much difference.

Yes, that'll run 2 on the gpu, try clicking update in the boinc client for the project, if this doesn't work (didn't for me) then try restarting boinc client which worked for me in the end :)

Soldato
OP
The OcUK Einstein 100

I have run out of superlatives to describe the teams PPD, its increased again - 361,224,009

MFPGD3C.png

More Member Milestones

Fezzer passed 25,000
pnutty passed 1,600,000
ozaudio passed 80,000
Zapp3012 passed 1,700,000
Streetlight passed 4,000,000
Postmanfw passed 1,500,000
Fezzer passed 20,000
pnutty passed 1,500,000
Biffa passed 1,500,000
ozaudio passed 70,000
divebod passed 30,000
Zapp3012 passed 1,600,000
currob passed 2,000,000
Senture passed 3,500,000
Streetlight passed 3,500,000
colinmcr passed 90,000
Postmanfw passed 1,400,000

Streetlight looks like he's about to break the 900k barrier, last 24 hours = 888,316

I have a few days left in the number 2 spot before I get stomped by Ba's 702,416 PPD, I have got a few things in the pipeline but nothing on that scale :( ;)

The highest the team has ever been in the global rankings was 40th in 2011, I dont know if we can improve on that but I would be happy enough with the UK title.

Associate
The highest the team has ever been in the global rankings was 40th in 2011, I dont know if we can improve on that but I would be happy enough with the UK title.....

From our own stats site...?

Highest world rank on: Monday, 28th March 2005 (ranked 4th)
Highest country rank on: Saturday, 17th June 2006 (ranked 1st)

Soldato
OP
I stand corrected, I was looking at Boincstats on this occasion, surprised it states that (just checked it again).

4th:eek: anyone have the Minister of Serendipity's phone number :D, wherever you are dude we miss you.

Soldato
currob are you back to single units at a time?

noticed you had a couple of errors but nothing major...get them myself every few days.

card should be able to handle 10 at a time fine and makes quite a difference as et about an extra 7 units done a day.

what temps is the card sitting at under load? and what load is it hitting with single unit?

Associate
currob are you back to single units at a time?

noticed you had a couple of errors but nothing major...get them myself every few days.

card should be able to handle 10 at a time fine and makes quite a difference as et about an extra 7 units done a day.

what temps is the card sitting at under load? and what load is it hitting with single unit?

Yes back to single wu's, shame cause i actually thought all the issues with this card were ironed out but it simply will not run multiple wu's without errors :(

Currently load with one wu is 62 to 72% and temp 53c on custom fan profile

Associate
That's what I don't understand. My fury is doing 1 WU and sitting at 65 - 75% load. So how can it do more work units without slowing down?

The way my non-it-professional brain understands it is that your 65 to 75% load is all the gpu processes including idle processes so even at 100% load there will be spare resources available when the gpu queues the idle processes to make way for active processes, something it would not do until the load reaches 100%

Running multiple wu's will slow down the time each wu takes to complete but you will still get more wu's completed in a set period (eg 24hrs) than running single wu's. As long as your card will run multiple wu's that is, mine doesn't want to !! :D

Soldato
OP
Time to issue the parp, Boinc.cz are going down:D

On a more personal note Derk its not long now;)

Indded, Boinc.cz going down big time :D

On the personal note - When I rallied peeps to the Einstein cause it never occured to me that it would mean getting stomped personally :o

Happy days for the team though, the OcUK name should be up there in lights not down in the shadows - keep the faith all ;)

An apology - yesterday I had a little personal time on the PC ;) suspending Boinc as I did so. Unfortunately I forgot to turn Boinc back on and 4 hours passed before I realised what I had done - my sincere apologies :o

(but I do have level 4 reputation in FarCry)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom